Texas Roadhouse...

We went out to eat at a Texas Roadhouse last night here in Indiana. For those of you who are fans of the RCI drink Wipe Out, they have a drink that is almost exactly like it. It's called the Cowgirl Cocktail or something very similar (not to be confused with the Jamaican Cowboy drink they have). I had two last night, and it brought back pleasant memories of cruises past. Just thought I'd share that with everyone. :D

Texas Roadhouse has the best ribeye out there!!! and it does not matter which Roadhouse you go to. We have been to the one in Evansville, IN, Terre Haute, IN, Paducah, KY, and Ofallon, IL and they ALL were very good.

Tim

Texas Roadhouse is everywhere! I saw one in Istanbul in a mall... LOL I thought is was pretty funny actually. I did not eat there. I dont fly halfway around the world to eat American food, well okay I did have a sandwich at KFC, but mostly we eat where the locals eat.

I have been to the one in San Antonio and in Knoxville. I like Taste of Texas better, dont think they are anywhere but here in Houston, BUT for a mainstream place to eat, T of T is good. Have not had anything I didnt like.

Texas Roadhouse has the best ribeye out there!!! and it does not matter which Roadhouse you go to. We have been to the one in Evansville, IN, Terre Haute, IN, Paducah, KY, and Ofallon, IL and they ALL were very good.

Tim

The best thing about the one here is that when they show you to your table, they also bring along the basket of rolls with cinnamon butter. By the time I eat those I don't even care about the rest of the meal.:)

The one, here, is really enjoyable because of the peanuts, great rolls, and the wait staff does a line dance once an hour.............

The bad thing is that we need one or two more here. There is allways a 3-4 hour waiting list.

We have one here in maryland too..Food was real good and if i recall right you get to throw the peanut shells on the floor. I love being able to make a mess and not having to clean it up or feel bad about it. How child like of me:D

We have to travel about 40 minutes to get to our closest one. We call before we leave to get on the waiting list, and gives us enough time to get there. The worst thing about the rolls are that they are not on the South Beach (Atkins) diet, because we go thru 2 baskets easily. Almost always get the Steak/Rib combo, but their Chicken Salad (forget the exact salad name) is really good too.

We had been going about once every two weeks for a while before we cooled it down a little! Absolutely love it there!!!

The one, here, is really enjoyable because of the peanuts, great rolls, and the wait staff does a line dance once an hour.............

The bad thing is that we need one or two more here. There is allways a 3-4 hour waiting list.

That's great to know! It sounds like a fun place, we have one that opened up about 2 years ago. We will have to check it out!:) Our cruise friends are coming out in April, so we will probably go there!

The drink has (I'm doing the best from memory I can, and that doesn't say much! LOL) Malibu, pineapple juice, orange juice?, grenadine, and I'm sure other stuff I'm forgetting. It's very sweet, so if you like the foo foo tropical tasting drinks, this one is excellent. The Wipe Out is perhaps tied with the Labadoozie for my favorite drink, and the Cowgirl Cocktail (or something similar) is very close to that drink. For those who don't like coconut, it doesn't taste like coconut at all. Just very fruity. Like fruit punch. I hope that helps. Sorry my memory is so bad! If you're going cruising soon, order a Wipe Out, and you'll get the jist of the drink.

There isn't a Texas Roadhouse near me in LI. :( I have to go to Lancaster, PA to get my fix. I have a great drink if you like the Cowgirl....its basically a melonball (vodka, pineapple juice and midori) with a splash of blue curaco. It turns an electric green color. When ever I order it in Vegas, the cocktail waitress goes crazy and everyone around wants to know what it is. Boy do they go down like fruit punch!!!!! :D :D :D

Texas Roadhouse is one of our favorite restaurants. The one near us has a grill cook who looks just like Doug from King of Queens...Since I always forget the name of the restaurant, we always just say "wanna go see doug?"

And i have to disagree with the post about the ribs...the ribs are pretty dang good....although they arent as good as mine..but i dont have the atleast 3-4 hours it takes to make them on a regular basis.

They have awesome sweet tea as well. I seriously drink atleast 3 or 4 glasses when I am there because up here in Cincy its one of the only places that serve sweet tea...

I may try that drink the next time though, if I can tear myself away from that big jar of sweet tea :p

There isn't a Texas Roadhouse near me in LI. :( I have to go to Lancaster, PA to get my fix. I have a great drink if you like the Cowgirl....its basically a melonball (vodka, pineapple juice and midori) with a splash of blue curaco. It turns an electric green color. When ever I order it in Vegas, the cocktail waitress goes crazy and everyone around wants to know what it is. Boy do they go down like fruit punch!!!!! :D :D :D

That sounds delicious. I have 2 out of the three ingredients down in the bar. We ran out of vodka and haven't gone out to buy any. I will look it up.

Went to a TR in Fl a few years ago , loved it !

They recently opened one up here in CT and its just as good

Steaks were excellent and the ribs are just as the above posters described. falling off the bone and soooooooooo Good.

Never tried any of the fancy drinks there though . To me that kind of food just naturally goes with a couple (or more :)) Ice cold Buds

That sounds delicious. I have 2 out of the three ingredients down in the bar. We ran out of vodka and haven't gone out to buy any. I will look it up.

2 of 3 ingredients?? There are four!! Don't forget the blue curaco! You won't be dissapointed:p

Archived