question about quest

Does anyoen know if they enforce "only adults"? I know they recommend it for adults, but I wasnt sure if they allow others in there. Thanks.

There will be written instructions about age and "adults only" in the Compass. The CD will make several announcements that it is for ADULTS ONLY before the Quest begins. Other passengers will stare at parents who are not removing their underage children from the room. The CD will warn parents who are not removing their underage children from the room.

But I have never seen them "enforce a ban". Perhaps they should.

(btw, other CC'ers have reported the ban being enforced; I just haven't seen it)

I finally just experienced Quest this past week on Enchantment. After the bits and pieces I had read on this board, I was really looking forward to it. Before they started, he did say a couple of times that this was for adults only. Since it was right after Kareoke (sp?), a fair number of people left, but it was hard to tell ages from where we were sitting. We were in the front on the side. Overall, I did not notice any young kids in there.

Just want to mention for anyone that has not been to it, Quest was worth going to. Some people may think it is a little "risque", but we thought it was really fun. Of course it can turn out different depending on who runs it. We are a group of 5 married women who went on a girls only getaway and we had a great time. Lots of laughing.

On the Explorer and it was held in Studio B and they were turning away those underage. One mother was bringing in an early teen around 13 years old. She argued with security guard and he wouldn't budge. Another case where people don't think the rules apply to them. I am keeping my fingers crossed they are as strict this week on the Brilliance with the adult only areas!!!

(btw, other CC'ers have reported the ban being enforced; I just haven't seen it)

I've actually seen them tell parents (but they were nearly at the front of the room) that this isn't appropriate for their small child, and perhaps they should take that child out of the room. But it wasn't done on the microphone, the cruise staff discretely went to the parents and whispered to them, but spoke loudly enough that people like me, sitting closely, could still hear :)

I agree that kids under 18 shouldn't be in the room for it. Ok, maybe 16, but definitely not 9-ish, like this kid was.

But now I can see a debate on CC about how to properly parent a child and that the cruise director staff shouldn't tell you to remove your child from an event :rolleyes:

I don't know about topless dances, but my uncle was pants-less in his tighty-whities during the quest on their cruise and, after seeing their pictures, I'm not sure I can ever get that image out of my mind.

Wow, thanks for all of the answers. I am going back on the Vision for the second time this year and I wanted to go the first time, but I wasnt feeling too good, so I didnt even try (just to let everyone know, im 17 and close to 18). This cruise is to celebrate my high school graduation. Thanks!

Quest is some of the best fun there could possibly be on a ship if you get a lively group together.

I won't tell you a lot, but DH and I experienced THE QUEST with two new female friends we met on a CC thread, our 2 table mates and a couple of guys the girls had met on the ship. They had done it before, we had not. We are going with the same girls on a cruise next year and have already started our Quest Planning. My usually shy reserved DH was not so shy and reserved during the Quest....he cracked all of us up and we bought the DVD from the cruise because we were on it!! Oh and by the way he was completely sober, we all were!

It is definitely not for minors who may be stunned at the behaviour of their parents:eek: It is just a lot of really good adult fun and people participate simply to win the coveted prize.

Just enjoy!!!

Dee

i have never sailed on rccl but i will be sailing on the explorer in a week. i don't know what quest is, can someone explain to me what it is:confused:
I went to the quest on the Monarch and I thought it was to over the top for me. Some people love it some don't. One poster said
"Some people may think it is a little "risque", but we thought it was really fun."
Thats the great thing about a cruise, If you don't like something just leave, I have read people posting about the quest that thought it was really bad, but they stayed till the end. When I found out that the quest was not my style I just got up and left the room. Its kind of like TV. if you don't like something don't watch.

Go make up your own mind and have a great cruise.

On the Mariner in November, I saw a pre-teen boy enjoying the show, and a few other older "kids". Frankly I was shocked the parents didn't have a better handle on this. It was very inappropriate for them.

I agree, but its also inconsiderate towards the other adults who might feel more inhibited around younger people.

LOL, I have NEVER seen a topless lap dance on a cruise ship, even on the topless deck on CCL ships. Although I'm sure my DH would love to know where one can be found .... :rolleyes:

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, did it make a sound? For those of us in the morality police, if a topless lap dance happens and we aren't there to witness, did the travesty really happen? The things we do for our moral society!:D

I loved Quest both times I sailed on Navigator and I'm looking forward to it on Explorer in 2 weeks. I never saw anything really risque -- although yeah, some of the older passengers in their undies is a tough visual to get out of my head.

I didn't see the thread about the lap dance though...can someone provide a link? :p

Quest is some of the best fun there could possibly be on a ship if you get a lively group together.

I won't tell you a lot, but DH and I experienced THE QUEST with two new female friends we met on a CC thread, our 2 table mates and a couple of guys the girls had met on the ship. They had done it before, we had not. We are going with the same girls on a cruise next year and have already started our Quest Planning.

Dee

NO, NO, NO, NO! NO planning!

Archived