Passengers Overboard on Princess (merged)

Grand Princess had two people fall overboard last night. 22 yr old male and 20 year old female. Both recovered alive in the Gulf of Mexico. They are both OK. They are being treated onboard the ship for their injuries.

I think you have to be really stupid to fall overboard on a boat. I just do not get it. I can't see it being just a accident. I truly believe you have to be a moron to have this happen.

I just disembarked from the Grand yesterday, and received an email from a friend who works on board. He said that the woman was drunk and dancing on the tables in the bar. She then carried on in her cabin and on the balcony where she went overboard at 1:20 AM. Her partner then apparently jumped in after her. He said they searched for them for 5 hours, along with 5 tankers, 2 cruise liners, 4 small boats, 4 ship's boats, and a Coast Guard helicopter. He hasn't heard anything else other than their being alive and well, but he thinks the captain will have them removed when they arrive in Cozumel.

I've often wondered, what would I do if my spouse or child accidently fell overboard.

Put yourself there, and think about it. :confused:

Hopefully, none of us ever will ever have to act upon it.

And BTW, the guy may have just been naked shedding clothes to make it easier to tread water. Lots of speculation going on about this one too.

Not to mention if one was only in their night clothes,or boxer shorts or the like,they would probably be pulled right off on impact...(ouch)

Or even worse, he was into wearing her clothes, and he needed to ditch them during the rescue. :eek:

Well, Princess is owned by Carnival, so it runs in the family :p

And who owns the ship where the woman was passed out drunk in the passageway while her husband was going overboard and hit the lifeboat before going in the water?

It can happen on any line. Put yourself or your family/friends in these peoples place. Even cheerleaders have class. Where is yours?

Also I wouldnt take as the gospel some gossip I got from an email either. Rumors are rampant on a ship among passengers and crew when something happens.

What's the deal????? Are these people already THAT drunk that they fall off the ship only 150 miles out of Galveston...2 PEOPLE TOGETHER TOO??? Sorry...I've been on 15 cruises and have never even had a "close call". How do people just fall off a ship???? I'm confused!

People don't just "FALL" overboard. That is impossible. Alcohol was most likely involved....he was naked...(that doesn't leave much to the imagination) who knows what the pair was doing or thinking. :eek:

If they (and all others from the past) were trying to end it all, I wish they would do that with out involving thousands of others who are innocent bystanders. :eek:

The pair is darn lucky that their other 2 friends who had gone in off the balcony before they fell, jumped etc... heard their yelling as they went into the drink.

According to news the other two alerted the crew ASAP which is likely th eonly reason they were saved. The two probably saw the ship the entire time they waited to be saved...in which case why the heck not swim back on over to the ship!!!

Our cruise has a tight time line, so anyone falling off will find teh wrath of the other cruisers firmly upon them as it will cost port time.

The Gulf can in stormy weather be a nearly impossible place to find small objects like people who go over. I've been out in a hurricane and if anyone had fallen off and we did not get them within 30 seconds, I doubt we would have found them before it was too late. 15-20' choppy seas and you could be 5-10' off the side of the ship/boat and not at all visible to anyone on the boat, and that was with orange life jackets with lots of reflective tape on them and several people on the boat watching the back deck ops...and yes the two of us on the back deck got wet, washed around the back deck, thankfully just never over the side.

Happy cruising!!! Remember stay on the ship it is far more fun than 4-5 hours of water tredding.

They should levy heavy fines on people that just "fall off the ship". That might slow down the rapant stupidness going on on these cruises. I have friends that like to do a little partying on their vacations put they DON'T do it on the ship's railing! MERCY!!!!!!

one part idiot + 2 parts liquor = freefall! Never even came close to going overboard. Now I wonder if people are doing it for their 15 min of fame?

Very good, love it. I also can find no way you can fall off a ship. You have to try to, in order to do it.:confused:

Archived