C 752 Grand Princess

karen sharpe

Hey! We have this cabin for an upcoming cruise! Thanks for posting the pics! I am so psyched!

Can anyone answer this? I was watching cruising Do's and don'ts on the Travel channel (I think). They said don't book an aft cabin!:eek: They said that it is too noisy! Anyone ever stay in these rooms? Any opinions?

Thanks in advance!

Starboard or port Caribe deck balconies are sized approx. 9 ft x 9 ft and have ceiling overhang over the first 5 ft. (from 5 ft. deep balcony above on Baja deck).

Aft facing Caribe deck cabins (of which only two, C 752 and C 753 are regular balcony cabins and not full suites), have balconies which are slightly deeper and slightly wider than the side facing balconies. The balcony is sized about 9.5 ft deep x 10.5 ft wide. The balcony has a small glass panel which wraps partly around the side of the back of the ship.

These aft facing balconies have full ceiling cover and you cannot see (or be seen) from those on balconies above or below you. If you stand at the balcony rail where it divides to the suite next door and crank your head to the side, you can see a small portion of the suite balcony.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Just got off the Grand Princess (3/17-3/24) and were in this cabin, and it was great. We even splurged and had an Ultimate Balcony Dinner. The only downside to this cabin is that being at the very back of the ship, there is a little more motion and some noise from the props. My wife, who is very prone to motion sickness, used a patch (actually half a patch) throughout the trip and had no problems. If it was available I would definitiely book it again.

Jack

Hi

Just in case someone out there has some info on C734 I'd love to hear it. We're first timers and really don't know what to expect! :rolleyes:

Also, I would love to hear any ideas about booking excursions on board. We leave on April 7th so we're probably too late for booking online. Any ideads for Cozumel?

Thanks!

in addition, are there any pics out there of a standard midships cabin on Caribe deck? You know, a BA or whatnot with the large balcony? Having trouble with it....

This might give you a bit of an idea on what to expect. This is a BB side cabin in the back, however midship BA cabins are identical in size inside and balcony.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1459609967014163621FCqGoQ

Roe2ship - do you happen to have any pics of the inside? Would LOVE to see them if you do and if it's not too much trouble!

TIA!:D

These are pictures on the Grand BB (one deck below) cabin size and balcony are the same. All the standard balcony cabins are the same size inside.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1220529317035446774OWiCzn

The aft cabins may have a bit of motion (very slightly) when docking in and out of port, but nothing to make you feel sick.

The view back there (one word) BREATHTAKING!! We won't cruise any other way!:)

Can anyone answer this? I was watching cruising Do's and don'ts on the Travel channel (I think). They said don't book an aft cabin!:eek: They said that it is too noisy! Anyone ever stay in these rooms? Any opinions?

Yes, don't book the aft cabins. Means there's a better chance I can get one :). You can certainly hear the wake on the balcony, but with the door closed it's not really noticeable. If anything I find it helps make it less noticeable that neighbors are on their balcony. I've only had aft cabins on the two cruises I've done, so I can't really compare vibration levels, but it certainly didn't seem bad to me.

Had this cabin last year and just loved it. It was like walking down the corridor to your own private apartment -- no doors slamming around you, only one suite next to you -- just lovely. And the deck was huge -- we had a lounger from the pool area, large table and two chairs (where we ate breakfast every morning), two other highback lounge chairs and a small table for essentials (drinks!). We are so spoiled now that we have booked C753 on the Golden for next year -- same cabin, just different side of ship.

Didn't notice any more particular motion here than in the dining rooms and most nights we left our door open and fell asleep listening to the sound of the wake. We are spoiled now and probably wouldn't cruise without one of these cabins again. We always used to go midship on Caribe (at higher price) where there is less motion but not enough to outweigh paying the difference for a smaller balcony and your peace and quiet.

If you have any more questions, just let me know.

JoAnne and Carl

Somebody must have just cancelled....lucked out on this one!

Had our first aft balcony last week on NCL Pride of America....I think we're hooked on them now! Also was lucky enough to get one on RCCL Explorer OTS for our october Bermuda cruise. YIPPEE!

Question.....are there loungers on the balcony already, or do we need to ask the room steward for them?

Sorry to pull this out of the depths but as we get closer to our sailing date more questions are coming to mind..

Is there a bath tub or just a stand up shower in C752 cabin?

Capnjack or anyone else re the private balcony dinner..a Princess rep told me today I could pay to pre-reserve it online and then inform my steward which night when we board..I find nothing on line in regards to this and I recall some other posters saying you need to wait until you board to arrange it. What is the REAL story??

Friends have the suite beside us so we thought their balcony could accommodate 8 for dinner.:o Thanks!

Aft cabins are the best for several reasons, close to Horizon court, close to back pool, quiet (not as many people running by your room at all hours), get lots of exercise, great for full sunset view and quick run for more overall view of sunsets, close to bars. We have always preferred these aft cabins or at least closest to last cabins on either side. People talk about motion, but we have never noticed it at all unless the ship was in a tropical depression or storm of any kind and then it kind of rocked you to sleep. Love the back cabins...can you tell?

Archived