Balcony guarantee cabin # assigned

I was merely trying to help other cruisers. It's worked for me every time, but I had said I have only done this with Celebrity and RCI, . Do yourselves a favor and do it yourself, and see what happens. Head's up though, travel agents don't want to be bothered doing this, they will tell you it can't be done. By the way my original reservation said X-gty, when they assigned cabin it said D3,cabin****, when I changed to better location, it said D3, Cabin**** The reservation agent never said that's a gurantee cabin. I asked if there was a better location for the D3 and she said yes, and gave me different cabins to choose from.

I was merely trying to help other cruisers. It's worked for me every time, but I had said I have only done this with Celebrity and RCI, . Do yourselves a favor and do it yourself, and see what happens. Head's up though, travel agents don't want to be bothered doing this, they will tell you it can't be done. By the way my original reservation said X-gty, when they assigned cabin it said D3,cabin****, when I changed to better location, it said D3, Cabin**** The reservation agent never said that's a gurantee cabin. I asked if there was a better location for the D3 and she said yes, and gave me different cabins to choose from.

I have to offer support to Jeano because we also paid for a guarantee for our upcoming cruise with our TA, but my online reservation clearly says D1 (I can offer a screen shot as proof). the X-qty may be the case if you buy directly from RCI - i don't know. As i said previously in this thread, our TA offered us a choice of 5 D1 cabins to pick from - all at the guarantee price.

Has anyone received their guaranteed cabin assignment before final payment?Just did a guarantee outside for a Sept. cruise.Anyone ever get upgraded from a guarantee outside to a balcony?I guess I can wish.

Booked guarantee outside yesterday and already got assigned a cabin.Our friends are right next door,so I am quite pleased.The location is pretty good also.Has anyone ever had RCCL change their cabin after it is assigned?I guess they can if they want.Our cruise is not till Sept.Surprised they assigned us already.I thought we would have to wait it out.

This is an interesting thread. We've never booked a gtee. cabin but our son and DIL just booked a Balcony Gtee. a couple days ago. We'll see them tomorrow and I'll see what cabin they've been assigned and if it's not in a desirable location we'll have them call to see if it can be changed.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread!!

I booked Explorer of the Seas for 5/11/07. Booked the balcony guarantee and they upgraded us to D3 but waaay forward. I called to see if they had anything more midship and they did, so I was changed. be sure and check when you finally get your cabin assignment and don't care for the location, you can call RCCL and change it so long as you stay in the same category they had assigned you, and there are more desireable cabins you can change to.

I booked for a cruise this Sunday. I had booked a guarantee with VTG. Since I did not book directly with RCI, can I still call them and they would have changed my cabin? Im WAY aft, 3 from the back. Pretty bad location, but who knows.

I'm always thinking if I complained and got it changed, I might wind up next to noisy neighbors and would have been happier with the first location, so I just kept it.

I booked for a cruise this Sunday. I had booked a guarantee with VTG. Since I did not book directly with RCI, can I still call them and they would have changed my cabin? Im WAY aft, 3 from the back. Pretty bad location, but who knows.

I'm always thinking if I complained and got it changed, I might wind up next to noisy neighbors and would have been happier with the first location, so I just kept it.

I would call VTG and ask if they would mind calling RC and changing the location of your cabin. I would look on some web sites to see what might be available in that category. If you are 2 passengers try putting 3 in the number of passengers and you will get different cabins to pick from. Good luck!:D

I'm sorry Merion_Mom I totally disagree with your statement, that is simply not true. Both Celebrity and Royal caribbean have absolutely no problem with changing cabin locations IF they are available. I suspect a lot of travel agents wouldn't want to open up this can of worms as it would make more work for them, but that's just my opinion.

Merion Mom is correct!!! We booked a guarantee for a JS last November. We were given a cabin close to the front and there were others available in far better locations. I called and was told that you take what you get in a guarantee. I don't know how/why you were able to change and I am happy for you that you were able to change, but it doesn't happen ALL the time.

Katie

As I said before, once the computer has picked your cabin, the fact that you originally had a guarantee cabin disappears off your reservation. They won't know you had originally booked a guarantee cabin unless you tell them.

Just wondering: Where did you get the information that this data "disappears off your reservation"?

• 1 year later...

First of all,sorry to pull up such an old thread,but this is one of the "newer ones" that came up with a search:rolleyes:

Anyway,I booked a guarantee today and within an hour,I got my cabin............not exactly one I would had picked,but hey,I didn't pay the going rate for it........

I did call to see if I could move to another cabin.........same category,same deck.........was told NO......if they tried, the computer would just bump it back to my original assignment.......

Just wondering if anyone in the past year(since the last post on here) has tried to change their cabin with or without any luck??

First of all,sorry to pull up such an old thread,but this is one of the "newer ones" that came up with a search:rolleyes:

Anyway,I booked a guarantee today and within an hour,I got my cabin............not exactly one I would had picked,but hey,I didn't pay the going rate for it........

I did call to see if I could move to another cabin.........same category,same deck.........was told NO......if they tried, the computer would just bump it back to my original assignment.......

Just wondering if anyone in the past year(since the last post on here) has tried to change their cabin with or without any luck??

WOW..........that sure goes against what some posters said about changing cabins. Sounds like Carols knowledge came into play for you today. Is the ship full???

Rick

WOW..........that sure goes against what some posters said about changing cabins. Sounds like Carols knowledge came into play for you today. Is the ship full???

Rick

No, actually 7 cabins show for the category they assigned me.......(inside cat K),plus the other categories are still showing.........

Rick

Called today and got someone else who gladly changed our cabin...............luck of the draw,I suppose..:)

Archived