Balcony guarantee cabin # assigned

I booked Explorer of the Seas for 5/11/07. Booked the balcony guarantee and they upgraded us to D3 but waaay forward. I called to see if they had anything more midship and they did, so I was changed. be sure and check when you finally get your cabin assignment and don't care for the location, you can call RCCL and change it so long as you stay in the same category they had assigned you, and there are more desireable cabins you can change to.

Did you have to pay for the change at all? I am on June 8th sailing and have already recieved my cabin assignment, which is all the way in the back. I really don't care, b/c it was 300 dollars cheaper to book to guarantee, but I was under the impression that if you don't like your room and you change it, you pay the difference? Am I wrong?

No, no additional charge. Once they assign you a category and cabin number, you can change within that category only, and there must still be cabins in that category that you can change to. Had I booked the D3 last week that cabin would have been 480.00 [per couple] more than booking the balcony guarantee so I'm happy. The fact that you originally booked a guarantee is erased from the reservation, once they have assigned the cabin. This is now the 5th cruise that I have changed in this way. It has only been with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, maybe other cruiselines handle them differently.

I forgot to mention that once final payment is made, I check every day as though I am doing the online embarkation form, once I see the cabin assigned I immediately call RCCL to change. [assuming I am not happy with what they gave me that is.]

When did you get your cabin assignment? We just booked a guarantee and I'm curious to know where we'll end up. Did you get your cabin # when you got your docs or did it show up in your online profile? We have always selected a cabin, this was just way too good of a deal to pass on! I'd appreciate any info you could share.

When did you get your cabin assignment? We just booked a guarantee and I'm curious to know where we'll end up. Did you get your cabin # when you got your docs or did it show up in your online profile? We have always selected a cabin, this was just way too good of a deal to pass on! I'd appreciate any info you could share.

I found out my cabin # by completing my online profile.

Michelle

We did 3 cruises last year on the Mariner. Each one was a guarantee. It stayed that way saying D3 etc guarantee until the time that final payment was made. Once that happened, a cabin assignment was made, and that number was on my invoice.

Please be aware that while they CAN agree to move you around after a 'guarantee cabin' assignment has been made, they do not HAVE TO. They have the right to say, "no, you got a guarantee category cabin, and that is the cabin we gave you and that is the cabin you will have."

Consider it a bonus if you still get to "pick" your cabin, and don't complain if they won't let you.

:)

I'm sorry Merion_Mom I totally disagree with your statement, that is simply not true. Both Celebrity and Royal caribbean have absolutely no problem with changing cabin locations IF they are available. I suspect a lot of travel agents wouldn't want to open up this can of worms as it would make more work for them, but that's just my opinion.

melsedt, did you book directly or through a travel agent. I go to travelocity or expedia to see what cabins in the category that I have booked is available and then I call the cruiseline. Once you have cabin assignment the guarantee info is erased on your reservation and they have no idea you originally booked a guarantee cabin. Are there other cabins in the category they gave you that you like better available on your cruise? If so call them and have them change you to better location.

I'm sorry Merion_Mom I totally disagree with your statement, that is simply not true. Both Celebrity and Royal caribbean have absolutely no problem with changing cabin locations IF they are available. I suspect a lot of travel agents wouldn't want to open up this can of worms as it would make more work for them, but that's just my opinion.

Why do you say Merion Mom's statement is not true??? They do NOT have to change your cabin. They probably will, but they don't HAVE to.

I have spoken with people who asked to have an assigned cabin changed, and were told "no". It does happen. I am glad that it has never happened to you, that Royal Caribbean and Celebrity have ALWAYS accommodated your requests.

But it CAN happen and it HAS. They have the right to do so.

I booked through a TA. I will check it out. She is usually very accomodating. As I said, it's not really a big deal, but it is certainly more convienent to be in the middle of the ship. I'm glad I know this information now!!

I booked through a TA. I will check it out. She is usually very accomodating. As I said, it's not really a big deal, but it is certainly more convienent to be in the middle of the ship. I'm glad I know this information now!!

Does she have any Guarantee's left? Is she holding some at that price you booked at?

maybe I can help a bit here since I've just experienced the "no" then called back and got a "yes". We booked a oceanview guaranteed cabin, then saw our assignment online. It was one of those right up front with 2 port holes. So I read on here that you can just call and ask them to change it. So we did that. The first call, the man told us no and that our cabin was guaranteed and automatically picked by the computer, we can't change it once the computer picks it. We hung up with him. Not 5 minutes later called and got a woman this time who when I asked said sure no problem, did you have a cabin in mind and I can check? I went online to see about open cabins, asked for one that's closer to the middle and she said yes, no problem and did it for us. 5 minutes later I saw the cabin change online.

So yes they can say no, but just call back, you will get someone who will say yes.

As I said before, once the computer has picked your cabin, the fact that you originally had a guarantee cabin disappears off your reservation. They won't know you had originally booked a guarantee cabin unless you tell them.

As I said before, once the computer has picked your cabin, the fact that you originally had a guarantee cabin disappears off your reservation. They won't know you had originally booked a guarantee cabin unless you tell them.

They can pretty much tell though because of the rate you are paying and when you booked, they aren't that stupid. The price in most cases will be alot lower then the current price for a like Category Cabin.

Give them some credit.

Jimbo:)

Simply not true. Each category has a letter. A guarantee category is a different letter from a chosen-cabin category. That category remains on your reservation forever. It doesn't change.

we also got a guarantee on EOS for 5/20/07 and we were assigned a D1! it's kind of forward, but right next to the front elevators, which is very nice. We were very happy, i thought with a guarantee you do not know your cabin # until you board the ship. Our rep actually gave us about 5 cabins to choose from, all on different decks and in different locations.

Please forgive me, I am a stupid, lying, person, who doesn't know anything, I bow to you Merion Mom, you win, you happy now??

HHHMMMMMM, I *could* have typed such a message to you, but I didn't. Could we lay off the rude posts, please?

This board is for sharing information, particularly in direct answer to a posted question. That's what I was doing: giving information to people who want to know about cabin assignments when you book a guarantee category.

Sorry that you are so defensive.

Archived