Bermuda shorts

pickleo

Do any of you ladies wear bermuda shorts to dinner with a nice top and a pair of sandals or heels? There is a topic on the RCCL board where a man says his mum was turned away from the dining room because she was wearing shorts. I have 2 nice bermuda shorts planned for dinner, and now I'm worried.

Do any of you ladies wear bermuda shorts to dinner with a nice top and a pair of sandals or heels? There is a topic on the RCCL board where a man says his mum was turned away from the dining room because she was wearing shorts. I have 2 nice bermuda shorts planned for dinner, and now I'm worried.

Yes, I would. I do wear them out to nice restaurants with heels and a very dressy blouse. I wear them as an alternative to skirts.

No sandals or knit shirts.

Like this:

NMT120F_mp.jpg

Yes, I would. I do wear them out to nice restaurants with heels and a very dressy blouse. I wear them as an alternative to skirts.

No sandals or knit shirts.

Like this:

NMT120F_mp.jpg

EXACTLY!!! That is exactly how I would wear them (the shorts and shoes). I would wear a big necklace and dress it up a bit!!

Any style of shorts that would look good on me (the style BlueHerons posted do NOT look good on me) would be inappropriate for the dining room at dinner on a cruise. I don't like to wear shorts much anyway--Im all about the skirts;)

Or this:

V254393_CROP2.jpg

I think Bermuda shorts can be dressed up more than some skirts out there.

If I could wear Bermudas...I would, but God did not bless me with long legs and wearing long shorts makes my legs even shorter!:rolleyes:

I have this suit and it is very cute. I even wear it to a traditional office. I wouldnt wear that first picture with the girl in the tight brown tanktop. I think if you are going to go for the shorts in the dining room to try it with a short sleeve or cap sleeve top minimum. You want to look a bit more covered on top to get away with the shorts, and her brown top and her jean shorts were TOO tight. IMO.

I think something like this would look great on casual night in the dining room:

V253171.jpg

Or this:

V254393_CROP2.jpg

I think Bermuda shorts can be dressed up more than some skirts out there.

If I could wear Bermudas...I would, but God did not bless me with long legs and wearing long shorts makes my legs even shorter!:rolleyes:

I love those outfits and I too agree that they are perfect for a casual dinner. These shorts are often longer than some of the skirts in the dining room!

I think they are cute and would get them to wear into port, but not to the dining room either. Im all about skirts too. I am taking capris and one pair of bermuda shorts for port wear, but dinner, every night is skirts/dresses, except one formal night I have some great pants that look like a skirt from the back, but pants from the front, wear them with a sequin top and bolero tux length jacket. I have some black sequin pumps to go with them too.

Bermuda shorts are only considered dressy in Bermuda, and they wear them EVERYWHERE.

If it's above the knee just slighty: pedal pushers

More above the knee: Bermuda, then you get into plain ole shorts.

Below the knee: capris, floods.

I don't consider anything I've metioned above as really appropriate for a nice 5-course dining restaurant.

People tend to confuse the casual, resort atmosphere of the daytime on a cruise ship as being OK in the evening, and it is, but not in the nicer eating areas.

JMO

Archived