? about kids in their own room

SHELLKOV

Carnival will not allow you to book teenagers in a room alone. One person in the cabin has to be over 25 years old. We have always had to put one adult and one teen in each cabin. Then when you get on board you have to go to the purser and starighten out the key issue. It is not a problem.

I don't think she was asking about the booking requirements, sounds like they are already booked. I don't know what arrangments you can make for an extra key. You may just have to ask your sons to give you one of theirs and they have to share the other. Ask when you get your S&S card if you can have an extra key.

Thanks everyone. Actually, we haven't booked yet, but we do have a couple of rooms on a courtesy hold. We were told that as long as they were right across from us, it will be booked with them in that cabin, and us in ours. No need to do all the switching once we are on board. Maybe it has to do with their ages? The oldest will be 18 and the youngest will be 15. I just didn't think to ask about the key thing while we were on the phone taking care of everything. Thanks again!

Just to let you know. They also allowed me to book my kids across the hall (17 and 20) but when it came to final payment I had to switch them around as they would not allow anyone in a cabin without an adult over the age of 25. I don't know if they are cracking down on this or not because I was able to do it before but not this time. Now I will have to go to the purser and have it fixed.

You should be able to get an extra card as a room key from the Purser's desk. As long as the cabin's directly across the hall, you should be able to book your sons in one and the two of you in the other. It does have to be "directly" across the hall; when we sailed Liberty last month, the inside cabin was one door down from the balcony we booked, and we had to book an adult in each cabin. On our upcoming Victory and Valor cruises, the cabins are directly across and we could book boys in one, us in the other.

We are more than likely going to put our teenage sons in a room of their own across the hall from ours. Will Carnival let us have an extra key that us parents can use for their room?

Yes.

Carnival will not allow you to book teenagers in a room alone. One person in the cabin has to be over 25 years old. We have always had to put one adult and one teen in each cabin. Then when you get on board you have to go to the purser and starighten out the key issue. It is not a problem.

Wrong.

Book it however you need to, and then just play musical rooms. Yes, the purser's desk will make you an extra card for their room.

There is no need to play musical rooms.

We are sailing on the Valor 4/15 and they would not allow it.

You are talking to the wrong they.

From the ticket contract please not the part in bold:

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

I have never had any issue getting my kids booked across the hall. It is done all the time, no room switching required.

We've booked our kids in a cabin across from ours. When we got on board, we went to the desk and asked for another key for that cabin -- it just allowed entry to their cabin; no charging capability. No problem whatsoever.

(you can't book it as a guarantee because then you wouldn't sure that they'd be next to you or across the hall)

We've booked our kids in a cabin across from ours. When we got on board, we went to the desk and asked for another key for that cabin -- it just allowed entry to their cabin; no charging capability. No problem whatsoever.

(you can't book it as a guarantee because then you wouldn't sure that they'd be next to you or across the hall)

On the Glory my dh and I booked an 8A and the kids were booked in GTD. They were placed across the hall from us.

The only time we had to play cabin switch was when I booked with an on-line agency.

I never bother getting a key for my kid's cabin. I just called them or knocked on the door.

We'll be on the Ecstacy in August with our 17-year-old and a friend of his. When we started the booking process, they put both boys in the inside cabin (directly across from our ov). Once they realized that the kids are not both ours, we had to book on adult in each cabin. They said that we'd be able to swap once we were onboard. Anyone have experience with a situation similar to this?

Thanks!

:) I think it all depends on who books you we've gone thru the same thing since 98' they are now 19 and 17 sometimes they allow just the kids in the room next time they want adult 25 in it. but I will tell you make friends with their room steward sometimes they can be different. we usually found a phone call or knock worked the best.Karon:)

We'll be on the Ecstacy in August with our 17-year-old and a friend of his. When we started the booking process, they put both boys in the inside cabin (directly across from our ov). Once they realized that the kids are not both ours, we had to book on adult in each cabin. They said that we'd be able to swap once we were onboard. Anyone have experience with a situation similar to this?

Thanks!

Yes my daughter always brings a friend and we are never allowed to book even next door or across because they are both not my children. But the switching is always available just a bit of a nuisance.

Yes my daughter always brings a friend and we are never allowed to book even next door or across because they are both not my children. But the switching is always available just a bit of a nuisance.

Question...how do they know one of them is not yours?

My DD's have different last names and no where on their Pass Port does it say that i am their Mother.

Just curious.

My kids will be 19 and 16 on our upcoming Freedom cruise in Dec. , which we booked way back in October. We splurged on 2 adjoining balcony rooms, and our PVP said we still had to book my husband with one daughter , and myself with the other. Will switch on board:o

We booked adjoining balcony cabins on the Legend for this summer. We were allowed to put our 2 daughters, 18 & 14, in their own cabin. We even did it 2 years ago on the Glory. I think it just depends on your TA. Some aren't aware of Carnival's rules.

This is one rule I wish Carnival would either enforce it or leave it go.

Why are some people allowed to book kids into seperate cabins and others need an adult in the cabin-- then playing musical rooms once onboard seems to be a pure hassle.

I couldnt even get my 18 month old grand baby booked into a cabin with her parents since one is 20 and the other is only 22.. TO have a person in the cabin that is under 21 someone in the cabin needs to be 25.

This is a whole family-- and cant cruise together.

The last four carnival cruises we have always booked the kids in a seperate cabin, never been an issue. The cabin has to be extremely close though. Some of you guys are talking to the wrong people. My kids are 13 and 14 but have done it the last couple of years. We also had to do a switcheroo on our last cruise to maximize senior and military discount. We ended up really screwing around with the cabins and needed 4 room keys again no problem. Maybe the purser thought my husband was cute. Holland america did make us do 1 adult/1child and huffed about an additional room key.

well I think the different answers may be because some people are talking about their own children and some are talking about other children traveling along with them. That's certainly good to know because we were thinking of adding a 17 and 20 yr old to our group and that means they would not be able to have their own cabin (from what I have read here) because they are not my children and are not over 25. (if I'm reading this all correctly)

This is one rule I wish Carnival would either enforce it or leave it go.

Why are some people allowed to book kids into seperate cabins and others need an adult in the cabin-- then playing musical rooms once onboard seems to be a pure hassle.

I couldnt even get my 18 month old grand baby booked into a cabin with her parents since one is 20 and the other is only 22.. TO have a person in the cabin that is under 21 someone in the cabin needs to be 25.

This is a whole family-- and cant cruise together.

It's not a problem if they are married and it is thier child. Is that what your saying?

Archived