"Balcony snobs??"

Michele...

I see your next cruise is in a grand Suite!:eek: You better make a new logo for a Concierge Club Snob. :)

Enjoy the free drinks!

BILL

HAHAHAHAHA yes but this was originally for the Carnival Board and there is no Concierge Club. ;) But I WAS joking with them that my children were going to be wearing t-shirts that said "We are Penthouse Suite Snobs and We should be in School" :p

My RCCL cruise is before my Carnvial cruise though. So I better get those concierge shirts ready. :D

Well, count me as a balcony snob, but my kids have become suite snobs!

I treated all of us to a Grand Suite on the Enchantment when she sailed out of Philadelphia. I just rolled all the airfare and hotel money into the cruise fares, and it was still a savings!

When I told them that our second Enchantment cruise this past December was in a JS, they were dismayed. We had a great cruise, of course, but they seem to feel entitled to Grand Suites from now on!

I have created monsters - they can't believe that I *only* booked a D1 for the Explorer in August! And it's the infamous 1688, which is basically the size of a JS.

We started out in DB, now known as E category, but their sense of entitlement has grown along with their cruise histories.

When I travel with my (full-sized, almost adult) children, we NEED that "second room" - the balcony.

;) :)

For our first cruise, DW and I had a D2 on AOS and Loved it! We also did a D1 Pre-Hump on FOS this past December and thought that was even better than AOS.

For our trip in 4 weeks; Ack! I'm not packed and the house is a mess!, we are going to try an F1. I am going to miss the door but we couldn't beat the price for the quick getaway and we figured, we probably wouldn't be in the room that much anyways so couldn't justify the JS. I will let everyone know what I think when we get back. ;)

For our Sept cruise we are going to be inside as well in PR's. Those should be fun for DD and DS as well as us being able to watch the parades and stuff from above.

I guess I am somewhat of a 'Balcony Snob'. I really like being able to open up the door and go out and watch the ocean go by or watch the moon and other ships in the distance before turning in for the night.

To borrow a phrase, it is an experience that 'once you have, you won't go back.'

First cruise we had a D1 hump 9076 on Brilliance so not only had a balcony but one that was a little bigger!

2nd cruise was with a different line...balcony again but hardly used it.

3rd cruise we are in a GS because we were offered such a fantastic deal.

4th & 5th we have booked D1 hump (and managed to get the two other humps for 2 other couples coming with us).

I'm worried that after the GS we might be spoiled but hey, I'd be lying if I said we could afford GS all the time. This is a treat to savour.

DH is probably the worst Balcony snob - he just cant imagine not having his balcony to sit on in the morning with his tea! He loves it so much. If I ever suggest an inside because I've seen a bargain he'll say "it just wont be the same"..

...you do get hooked:o

But I'd sleep in a hammock if it got me onboard;)

JodyNDavid,

We also went from an inside room to a balcony to a Grand Suite. We won't go on the Adventure with the Grand Suite until May 27th. How much nicer is the Grand Suite from the balcony room? Can't wait.

Well the BEST part is the perks. :D

Priority boarding...snacks in your room...robes...BIGGER bathroom...concierge lounge which means FREE drinks...don't have to worry about getting ice skating tickets (concierge will get them for ya). There are NEW perks too but I can't remember them all and I don't know which ships they are implemented on...like free Wi Fi internet

I cannot wait!

Funny...

I used to think that I was Queen of Cruises when I did my first cruises in an inside cabin. I loved it!

Did a balcony sometime thereafter and now there is no going back!!

Snobby...no way. I just love the balcony. It's part of the whole cruising experience for us!

Last two cruises were Junior Suites...loved it. I AM SPOILED!!!

Honestly, after a balcony, I don't know if I could ever do less.

Archived