another laundry question

Geenie

I will be on the Nordam 4/11 and have an SA suite. This includes free laundry service. I am allergic to laundry soaps with perfumes and dyes, and am trying to decide how much to pack. Does anyone know if you have an option of perfume free dye free laundry soap?

Anything that you send out to the laundry to be washed is done by whatever detergent they use and always in hot water. I have never smelled any perfume in any od DH's shirts that he gets back from the laundry. But I do know that some of the ships use a detergent that has bleach in it - that I was able to smell.

• 2 weeks later...
The laundry facility on each floor is self-service, right? Does it pay to bring your own laundry soap? Any tips on the laundry? RCL and NCL would launder your clothes for you, but for $$$.

Mark

The Vista ships, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Noordam do not have self service laundries. The others do. Soap is provided, do not bring your own. They are not on each deck, but if you check the deck plans you will find which decks they are on.

All ships have a laundry package for x amount of $ per bag. I am not sure of the cost but I am sure someone has recent information on the cost.

I called Ship Services and the most recent information that they had was $12.00per bag and $24.00per bag on the Noordam. I said that did not make any sense plus they actually said Per Person. So maybe the $24.00 was for two persons in a cabin. Information was not clear at all.

I will be on the Nordam 4/11 and have an SA suite. This includes free laundry service. I am allergic to laundry soaps with perfumes and dyes, and am trying to decide how much to pack. Does anyone know if you have an option of perfume free dye free laundry soap?

We bought the unlimited laundry package on the Noordam and used it every day. The detergent they used did not have a strong smell, if any smell. We use a perfume and dye free detergent (All Free and Clear) at home, so I think I would notice any strong smells. Still, you may want to contact HAL's customer service via their web site to make sure.

By the way, the laundry service is great. They press everything, so shirts and pants are much crisper than they when I take care of them myself.

Is it a pay service on Statendam?

Statendam does have self-service laundries as well as the package services.

If you choose to do your own laundry use the soap provided as it is environmentally friendly; bring your own dryer sheets.

Archived