2008 Princess Alaska cruisetours

NapTown Jim

Hi, I'm a newbie doing my first cruise to the E. Med this summer, but am anticipating booking an Alaska cruise for 2008. Princess has so many ships going to Alaska, it's hard to decide. I'm planning to do the land tour first, then do the 7 day run from Whittier to Vancouver. I was most attracted to Diamond or Sapphire Princess, but (at least on 07) Coral, Golden and Island Princess do this itinerary as well.

Any favorites?

Thanks in advance.

Where is the Sapphire going to be next summer?

The Princess website has a coastal repositioning cruise from LA to Vancouver available to be booked in May 2008, so I assume it will be back in Alaska next summer.

The Princess website has a coastal repositioning cruise from LA to Vancouver available to be booked in May 2008, so I assume it will be back in Alaska next summer.

Thanks - that is what I thought but a few posts above mine didn't list it and I couldn't remember where it ended up.

My TA tells me that the Holland America 2008 Alaskan iteneraries will be out in June. If Princess won't release theirs until august or september, well....as they say if you snooze, you lose. We don't want to wait that long to book.

I talked with a representative from HAL about two weeks ago and he told me it would be as late as Auguest. Last year we booked our Princess cruise in May. I told HAL representative that if Princess released before HAL, I will probably book with Princess. In our case we can't wait forever as we use air miles and hotel points for our travel. Have to lock them in early to ensure we get what we want.

With all the confusion amongst cruise line personnel, I think our best bet is to keep checking ourselves.

The 2007 cruise schedule for Princess came out in August 2006. That was when I booked a group for this year.

Princess began booking Alaska 2007 cruises May 6, 2006. We booked our June 2007 Princess Alaska cruise on May 19th. HAL's schedule kept appearing and disappearing online around mid-May.

Archived