When do prices drop

We have friends interested in going on FOS with us, but the price is more than they want to spend. When do prices start to drop before the cruise. I know there are still empty rooms. Right now they are thinking of going to Myrtle Beach, but the cruise would be much more fun!

It really depends on the cruise date. If it is during the summer, chances are the rates won't drop. Busiest and highest priced time of year to travel. The ships are going out at capacity. If you are travelling in the fall, you may start to see some price drops soon..

It really depends on the cruise date. If it is during the summer, chances are the rates won't drop. Busiest and highest priced time of year to travel. The ships are going out at capacity. If you are travelling in the fall, you may start to see some price drops soon..

Actually, my fall cruise has gone up about $500 for all of us. Booked it just in time.

We have friends interested in going on FOS with us, but the price is more than they want to spend. When do prices start to drop before the cruise. I know there are still empty rooms. Right now they are thinking of going to Myrtle Beach, but the cruise would be much more fun!

Coming from SC, Myrtle Beach is nothing compared to a cruise. When do you leave for your cruise? If they plan on going to Myrtle Beach from April until October, they are going to a hefty penny. I would not bank on a price drop. I would book now and wait to see if the prices drop later. Plus Myrtle Beach has brown water, not beautiful blue water. ;) Enjoy your cruise.

You might want to keep an eye daily on the RCI web page & check each Thurs. for the following Tuesday's Happy Hour specials, but you are traveling starting Memorial Day weekend which is when prices start skyrocketing. We had our choice of the 5/19 Liberty OTS or the cruise you are booked on. Thankfully, my DS HS graduation date is 5/16 so we were able to take the cheaper cruise (about $1,000.00 cheaper total for the 4 of us in an E-1 for 1 week earlier).

Gregg

Liberty -the early cruises STILL have cabins available - why aren't those prices dropping?

actually they have....when I booked 1st of the year, we pd a little over $1,000 pp for Promenade room. now we are @ $859 pp. I check everyday!

We booked Mariner in Aug. 5th for GS and it drop and I called my TA and got the deduction. Now it has gone up $500 for the cabin. I am so glad I called when they had the price reduction. I check RCI almost everyday to see the prices. You never know, on our cruise they still have a lot of room available, but I am not sure if that makes any difference.

My DW always checks after we book a cruise, and we have always saved money. Generally we book a year in advance, so there is time for the prices to change. Last year we saved over $800 on our balconey room from what we first booked it for, and by the time of the cruise the saving was greater because the final price was even higher than what we had first booked.

We have the AOS booked for next March and last night my DW checked and it went down $1,250 per room! We have 2 JS's for that cruise. All she did was can the TA and within an hour we had a lower rate.

We found that the beginning of the month seems to be when prices drop, but that's only an assumption, I would check once a week, even after the final payment. It pays to check!

I booked the AOS for next April about 2 months ago.. I admit I have become addicted also:p I check the prices daily and OMG the price for the balcony cabins dropped by 200pp plus they had a coupon for 125.00 off, Now that's my idea of a deal :D

Archived