Any Update about Captain's Circle Internet Package Which Changed 4\1\07

Sandytoes

Wondering being the new Captain's Circle Loyalty Rewards changed April 1st,

Like to hear from this past week's passengers in the Platinum & Elite members.

Did you notice a big difference?

Number of people using the Internet Cafe?

Were pax's complaining?

Just back today from a 15 day cruise and heard only 1 complaint. There were times the I-Cafe was full and sometimes I was the only one in it. I bought 250 mins for $100 and $100 was credited to my account the next evening. They lasted me the entire trip.

Wondering being the new Captain's Circle Loyalty Rewards changed April 1st,

Like to hear from this past week's passengers in the Platinum & Elite members.

Did you notice a big difference?

Number of people using the Internet Cafe?

Were pax's complaining?

Just got off the CB last week....I heard that they changed internet access vendors. Assuming this is the case, they should get rid of them. The service was slower than dial up. I never experienced intenet service so slow on all past cruises. Every time I went in the internet cafe, it was 80% full, so the new policy did not slow down usage. I paid $75 for the 2 hour package, which was credited to my account for being platinum. It was not unusual to spend up to 10-15 minutes of your time logging on and off....and that time DOES count toward you usage time. Very frustrating! It will certainly discourage Live From threads....I started one, but gave up posting to it due to the speed.

Just got off the CB last week....I heard that they changed internet access vendors. Assuming this is the case, they should get rid of them. The service was slower than dial up. I never experienced intenet service so slow on all past cruises. Every time I went in the internet cafe, it was 80% full, so the new policy did not slow down usage. I paid $75 for the 2 hour package, which was credited to my account for being platinum. It was not unusual to spend up to 10-15 minutes of your time logging on and off....and that time DOES count toward you usage time. Very frustrating! It will certainly discourage Live From threads....I started one, but gave up posting to it due to the speed.

Although it may have seemed it, the service although under new management will still be going through the same sat onboard so the slowness if there was any from normal was probably caused by something else, like location, weather technical difficulties etc.

Let me get this right -

You have to buy a package, depending on what you want.

Then they will credit you on what level member you are.

FredS - bought 250 mins for $100 and $100 was credited

CRLess - paid $75 for the 2 hour package, which was credited

Why different packages?

Let me get this right -

Why different packages?

"Each Platinum Member will receive a credit towards the purchase of a package in our Internet Cafés.

$75 for voyages of 7 days or less (equivalent to 150 minutes)

$100 for voyages of 8-20 days (equivalent to 250 minutes)

$200 for voyages of 21 or more days (equivalent to 500 minutes)

You can use your credit towards a larger package if necessary, or enjoy all those minutes - compliments of the Princess Captain's Circle!

(Does not include wireless internet access; effective on voyages beginning on or after April 1, 2007) "

Not going to Help alot on the 102 Day World Cruise (4.9 Min per Day:eek: :mad: ) Unless Suites still get Free Internet? Which I believe they do?:confused:

Jot:)

Let me get this right -

Why different packages?

The per minute rate was different with each level of package. I forget the scale, put seem to remember it went from $.75/min at the lowest priced package to $.40/min at the highest priced package

Can anyone tell me, do you have to pay an intital $3.95 (total BS!) "setup" per person/acct charge?? It was that way on both Carnival in January and Norweigen in March. Hoping that is not the direction Princess is going. It was a rip off!

Casey

Is a 7-day cruiser allowed to buy $100 package and get a credit of $75? /Sultan

"You can use your credit towards a larger package if necessary, or enjoy all those minutes - compliments of the Princess Captain's Circle!"

"

...Unless Suites still get Free Internet? Which I believe they do?:confused:

This was true (suites still get unlimited access, I was in the Vista Suite E732) on the Star last week....I wouldn't have used the Internet otherwise...the performance was horrible.

Ii'm not sure why those who sailed prior to 4/1 purchased packages as the interenet was still unlimited for Platinum and above.

We sailed on the 3/31/07 Crown sailing and as it was prior to the 4/1 change, we had unlimited access. Spending more than $75 was very easy now that it's $.75 per minute. It was never crowded and computers always seemed to be available.

This was true (suites still get unlimited access, I was in the Vista Suite E732) on the Star last week....I wouldn't have used the Internet otherwise...the performance was horrible.

Thanks for the Comfirm on this,:) I believed it was so, but everyone was saying No, although it wasn't in writing. I've got Suites coming up on my next 3 Cruises, & my needs on the Computer are many, especially on longer cruises over 20 days.;) The $200 credit just does not cut it on the 102 Day World Cruise!(less than 5 mins per day):eek:

Thanks again, I feel better now!:D

My Best!

Jot Bill:)

Having cancelled our World Cruise booking for several reasons one of which was the internet nonsense. As Elite Princess members i shall be totally furious if Suites still get totally unlimited Internet Access when Princess insisted to me the restrictions applied across the board

Having cancelled our World Cruise booking for several reasons one of which was the internet nonsense. As Elite Princess members i shall be totally furious if Suites still get totally unlimited Internet Access when Princess insisted to me the restrictions applied across the board

Hi again Phillip,:)

We did pay an extra $20,000+:eek: , it should go for something besides Flowers & a little more space & it is still stated as a benefit of Full Suites.;) Remember, it was the Captain's Circle Benefits that changed on 4/1/07, not the Full Suite's (which they still have trouble filling on many cruises) benefits. Did you have a Suite?:confused:

("Across the board", probably meant, Plat. & Elite, not Full Suites, IMHO)

My Best!

Bill:)

No did not book a suite but could have done

Will sure be looking at the situation in future

If I cancel for any reason,(I hope not:eek: ) I'll be sure and let you know 1st, OK?;)

The World Cruise has been sold out except for some (less than 12) outside cabins.

Bill:)

Can anyone tell me, do you have to pay an intital $3.95 (total BS!) "setup" per person/acct charge?? It was that way on both Carnival in January and Norweigen in March. Hoping that is not the direction Princess is going. It was a rip off!

Casey

Yes, you still have to pay that Bs $3.95. entire carnival fleet and NCL have signed a contract with the same internet service provider. plans/packages will be same/similar on all of the ships, which is unfortunate

So the 2 hour plan (120 minutes) is $75.00 but the 250 minute plan (130 minutes more than the 2 hour plan) is only $100?

So $25 extra buys MORE than double the time in the 2 hour plan....that's not a bad little upgrade.

The company that runs the internet is called MTN Maritime Telecommunications Network http://www.mtnsat.com I used to work for them a few years ago. If the numbers are the same the packages should go like this:

250 minutes $100 (per minute equivalent $0.40 per minute)

100 minutes $55 (per minute equivalent $0.5 per minute)

or $0.75 cents per minute

With a $3.95 activation fee first time you use it.

Archived