Such a tough life...FOS or AOS?

This is so silly I know, but would you chose Freedom of the Seas W. Caribbean for April '08 stopping in Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman & Cozumel or Adventure out of San Juan stopping in Aruba, Curacao, St. Martin and St. Thomas?

The total cost (fight included) is less than $100 difference so I can't use that. I'd rather try something new, but DH loves the Western itin. and the Freedom. Miami is easier to get to of course since we'd fly out of Philly.

Any input?

THANKS!

This is so silly I know, but would you chose Freedom of the Seas W. Caribbean for April '08 stopping in Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman & Cozumel or Adventure out of San Juan stopping in Aruba, Curacao, St. Martin and St. Thomas?

The total cost (fight included) is less than $100 difference so I can't use that. I'd rather try something new, but DH loves the Western itin. and the Freedom. Miami is easier to get to of course since we'd fly out of Philly.

Any input?

THANKS!

We have done the Adventure (Barbados itenerary) and two cruises on the Western itenerary that Freedom is sailing, but we did them on Navigator and Voyager. Itenerary wise, Adventure was our favorite trip. You can't beat the Southern Caribbean, but you are looking at a 7 year old ship compared to a recently launched ship.

For me, I would do Adventure because it goes to St. Thomas and St. Maarten, but I guess it really comes down to whether you are more interested in the ship or the ports of call. If you care more about the ship, I would do Freedom without a doubt.

Any input?

THANKS!

Having sailed both FoS (12/06) And AoS (10/02), I have to say that AoS is an awsome cruise and one that I would do again. I also enjoyed our FoS sailing, but the islands are much more romantic on the southern itinerary. :)

Having sailed on both the Freedom and the Adventure, I would choose AOS everytime. While the Freedom ship was beautiful...Adventure was just as beautiful and the size difference was negligible. The only difference being the Flowrider and the H20 zone. I did not like Freedoms ports after going to the beautiful southern Caribbean islands, and we were quite dissappointed with the beaches (We are beach people). The western islands just do not compare. My vote is AOS every time!

I would go with the western itinerary.....we were on AOS 3/4 to 3/11 and were not impressed with Aruba or Curacao, plus the two "at sea" days before and after those islands were rocky. Maybe we just chose the wrong excursions, or got unlucky with our cab drivers. Whatever the reason for our disappointment with those islands, we will not go back.

Agree that AOS routes are more interesting,but as far as the SHIPS go,FOS blows the AOS away..been on both,FOS much newer,MUCH better pool areas,adult Solarium(those canti-levered hot tubs the best!),extra alternative restaurant ,CHOPS,is wonderful,Royal Promenade bigger,nicer,Flowrider is awesome..had a great time on AOS,but FOS was awesome..why not go Eastern on FOS starting in May '08-great itinerary.....

Big Al

I LOVE the Adventure route. It is defenately my favorite route, but I agree with some of the above posters, the Freedom Blows the adventure out of the water! ;)

You have to decide do you want to go for the ship, or for the route. Don't get me wrong, the Western caribbean has great ports as well, just like the southern one better.

Archived