QM2 Grills Dress Code

zackdog

Does anyone know what the daytime dress code is in the Queens Grill restaurant especially breakfast and lunch.

Would shorts and t shirt be acceptable?

No. (That was all I wanted to say, but "Submit Reply" insists on at least four characters.)

Does anyone know what the daytime dress code is in the Queens Grill restaurant especially breakfast and lunch.

Certainly not!

Matthew

PS I have to say, and I mean no offence by it, that if you are asking this question seriously I do wonder if Cunard is the right line for you.

I can't vouch for the Mary, but on Queen Elizabeth one almost never sees anyone without jacket and tie on a casual night. Not that there are many, but most of those who frequent it (and, it must be said, the other restaurants, although I don't know those in the same way) just wouldn't even consider going to dinner without a tie - even if the dress code condones it.

Matthew, I am not arguing, but bear in mind he asked about DAYTIME

Breakfast and lunch specidifcally.

I assume very few would wear shorts even to breakfast, but then I don't know. I've never been a grill passenger.

Karie,

I know he did.

I read that part. I went on to explain how Grill passengers on QE2 exceed the requirements of the dress code - which I think is relevant to the ethos of the Grills.

But what do I know? I've only had nine trips in the Queens' Grill.

Matthew

I know he did.

I read that part. I went on to explain how Grill passengers on QE2 exceed the requirements of the dress code - which I think is relevant to the ethos of the Grills.

But what do I know? I've only had nine trips in the Queens' Grill.

Matthew

good point! Probably getting stale on you, Needs new blood! :eek: :rolleyes:

WITHIN REASON DURING THE DAY ANYTHING IS O K !!!!!!!!! EVENING IS BY THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WITHIN REASON DURING THE DAY ANYTHING IS O K !!!!!!!!! EVENING IS BY THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But shorts and T shirt is not reasonable.

At least not in my book. Or are you lot telling me that it would be acceptable on the QM2?

Matthew

But shorts and T shirt is not reasonable.

At least not in my book. Or are you lot telling me that it would be acceptable on the QM2?

Matthew

not so !!!!!!!! during the day anything is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the eve follow the dress code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QE-2 OR QM-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEAR KINDLY CHAP!!!!!! SOMETIMES I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE YOU ARE SO KINDLY!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST REGARDS JIM!!!!!!!!!!!

DEAR KINDLY CHAP!!!!!! SOMETIMES I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE YOU ARE SO KINDLY!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST REGARDS JIM!!!!!!!!!!!

"In the ships' main restaurants attire for breakfast and lunch is casual wear (excluding shorts)"

Page 179 of the UK August 2007-December 2008 brochure.

You can't get much clearer than that. Shorts are NOT permitted.

Matthew

Moose,

You seem to be having a problem with your keyboard--your 1/! key seems to be stuck something horrible. Do you have an animal who likes sitting on your keyboard? Maybe an unsavoury sort like Sir Martin?

"In the ships' main restaurants attire for breakfast and lunch is casual wear (excluding shorts)"

Matthew

Well, yeah of course! In the British version!

Everyone knows most British men have ugly legs!

and they wear those silly garters with the black socks and all when they wear shorts

You see, Matthew dear.

Those rules were specific to Brits!

American men have fabulous sexy handsome manly legs!

<LOL>

IN fact, I believe on page 117 of the AMERICAN version, they encourage men to wear speedos to breakfast!

:eek: :o :D :cool:

and they wear those silly garters with the black socks and all when they wear shorts

You see, Matthew dear.

<LOL>

IN fact, I believe on page 117 of the AMERICAN version, they encourage men to wear speedos to breakfast!

CUTE BEHINDS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew

I have never seen any one denied access to the grills during the day in shorts or bathing attire with proper cover ups.

plenty of bermuda shorts and kilts as well.

myself i always wear a sports jacket or blazer for breakfast and lunch.

best regards jim

CUTE BEHINDS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must have a different edition of the US brochure:( All I see on page 117 are some FAQs and a picture of a happy, smiling, man and woman (he is wearing a jacket in the daytime though!)

On our Caribbean cruise last year on the QM2 and I expect next year also shorts are acceptable for breakfast or lunch particularly on port days were passengers have shore excursion on tropical islands. We were grill passengers and there was never a problem with day time dress in the grills. No bathing suites any time in restaurants and yes tie and jackets even on casual nights are the norm.

steve

I have been reading all the above with great interest. Can a Queen's Grill passenger eat in the King's Court at breakfast and lunchtimes if they wish a more informal lunch (i.e. to be able to wear shorts) - after all we will be in the Caribbean!

Of course you can.

You see, Matthew dear.

<LOL>

Can we put things straight please. You are obviously picturing Matthew who is English - it is the English who wear those silly garters with black socks. Do not include British men who are Scottish, who everyone knows have gorgeous legs, no shorts or anythingelse - and if you're lucky you even see a "cute bum" under the kilt!;)

Archived