End of cruise in Seward (the long ride home)

susanema

How depressing to be thinking about the end of the cruise before it begins, but better to be prepared!

We purchased our air tickets with the cruise. We will be leaving the Summit on 6/1 in Seward. I am told that a bus will take us to Anchorage where our flight for Cincinatti is due to leave around 8:30 p.m. We then have an approximately 4 hour layover before the final leg (a little Amazing Race jargon there) of our journey takes us home to Dulles (VA).

I would appreciate some input from anyone else who has traveled this route. About what time does Celebrity usually get you to Anchorage? Are there things to do there while you wait? Is there a place to store luggage? How about the four hours in Ohio?

Thanks so much for your help.

You probabaly will be bused out of Seward in the early morning, direct toward Anchorage airport. It's a 3 hour bus ride and they may offer tour options, which would be beneficial to take up time, since your flight is later. Most cruiselines contract with Egan Center, which is downtown Anchorage, for baggage storage and shuttle pick up/ drop off point.

In Ohio, this is a long connection, nothing you can do about it. Bring a good book.

I am not looking forward to that long ride home either (a fellow east coaster!)... I figure we will be so tired and grumpy that it will be miserable... we did book a 1am flight out of anchorage so we have the day in Seward and then the 6pm train ride to Anchorage... I am hoping we find ourselves sleeping most of the way back to VA---

Archived