What is your favorite dish....

Garlic soup in DR

Crab Cake at Chops

appetizer at Portofino that I can't remember the name of -it was paper thin slices of beef tenderloin with pine nuts and olive oil and something. Its been so long I don't exactly remember:eek:

I used to love the green peppercorn sauce that was on the beef tenderloin--alas, the last time we had it, it wasn't up to par. Too bad--I was so looking forward to it!

The french toast in the dining room is excellent!

On Brilliance, the Seaview Cafe has some awesome pizza! (It's nothing like the stuff they serve elsewhere on the ship--this is the real thing!)

Asian Tofu! Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!!:D

Isn't it the best!?!?! I was pleasantly surprised with this dish on the Serenade. I'm used to places usually botching their attempts at preparing a good tofu dish but this was soooo yummy and the sauce & veggies were awesome. There's a restaurant near me that does something very similar but it's still not as good as RCI.

I heart the onion tart too.

Laura

I'm used to places usually botching their attempts at preparing a good tofu dish but this was soooo yummy and the sauce & veggies were awesome.

Yes! You nailed it. It's the sauce. Something about that sauce just makes the Asian Tofu so mouth-watering!

at the speciality restaurants?

in the main dining room?

I loved the tiger shrimp and scallop risotto. I also loved the waffles in Windjammer.

Haven't tried the specialty restaurants yet (although we will next time), but I loved the duck in the dining room....and yes the waffles in the WJ. One of the chefs in the WJ also made a noodle dish from the Philippines which I'd jokingly asked for......next day there it was.

Fran in Toronto

Oh, you guys are making me so hungry! :p The onion tart doesn't sound like something I would normally order, but I guess I'm going to have to give it a try!

I love the cookies in the promenade -- especially the coconut ones. (I hope they still have those!)

Dining room: Vadalia Onion Tart

Chops: creamed spinach

WJ: Anything! The lovely view, and nice people working there. When I think about the WJ, I get warm fuzzies because that's the first place we go when we board the ship. It's just a buffet, but it's the WJ! :D

The onion tart and Moroccan lamb or lamb t-bones in the dining room. The mascarpone mushroom pasta in Portofino. I would eat that pasta every night if I could.

Some day, I am going to be so thin (dreamer) that I can eat my way back up to happiness by having that pasta every night for a week. To me, it's that good.

Katie

Anything I don't have to cook or clean up after:p

I've never had the onion tart:eek: ...don't even recall seeing it.:eek: :eek:

Sounds like I'm missing out big time!

I'm with you on having other people cook. That said, I've found on past cruises that the food was good, but not great. On our last cruise, the quality was up quite a few notches. The preparation and presentation were updated so they were more in line with high end restaurants on land. And yes, the vidalia onion tart was amazing. So was something I had with mushrooms - I can't remember what it was called, but it was rich and delicious.

Viv

Archived