Misty Fijords NON float plane

BLONDIE35

anyone done a boat tour of misty fijords?? I don't want to pay $250-$300 to fly over so we have decided to take a boat tour. Anyone done this before? we are going through NCL for this excursion and will be there May 7. Thanks!!!:D :D :D

Yes!! We took the excursion through NCL and thoroughly loved it. We went at the end of September and were warned that we might not see much wildlife, but this wasn't the case. We saw a lot of eagles, sea lions, whales and even two bears. The bears were in a clearing, and we didn't pull in close to them, but the boat has binoculars you can use (at least, the boat from Allen Marine did, if that's who NCL is still using). The captain did take the boat up against a waterfall when we were in one of the coves -- you could feel the spray on your face!

Misty Fjords is lovely -- we had nice weather the day we were there, but we still had the mist which is so pretty. Highly recommend this trip!

It wasn't on the trip we took. It was a large boat -- easily could handle over 100 passengers I would think and we had plenty of room to move around. I don't know if this would be their only boat, however.

anyone done a boat tour of misty fijords?? I don't want to pay $250-$300 to fly over so we have decided to take a boat tour. Anyone done this before? we are going through NCL for this excursion and will be there May 7. Thanks!!!:D :D :D

While flights aren't cheap, the independent vendors don't charge as much as you think. We booked with Island Wings @ $209/pp: http://www.islandwings.com/sfs.html

Southeast Aviation has an early booking rate @ $189/pp: http://www.southeastaviation.com/flight.html

I just checked Princess's Misty Fjords excursions to see what is offered. Our ship is in port from 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., so the boat to Misty Fjords isn't offered. Their 4-hour boat/plane combo is $319.

Goldbelt Tours charges $130 for their 6.5-hour boat trip to Misty Fjords: http://www.goldbelttours.com/travel/cruises/misty_fjord.html

Goldbelt Tours charges $130 for their 6.5-hour boat trip to Misty Fjords: http://www.goldbelttours.com/travel/cruises/misty_fjord.html

We took this last year with Goldbelt. I have to admit it wasn't all that great (we had done a floatplane the year before, so maybe my expectations were too high). Only wildlife we saw were eagles up in the trees and a few seals.

It was a long, rainy day. Some of the folks on board were supposed to get off at the turnaround point to take floatplanes back, but because of weather the floatplanes were cancelled. On the return trip the captain just drove straight back since we would only be seeing the same things we saw on the way out. Some folks even took a nap.

We took this last year with Goldbelt. I have to admit it wasn't all that great (we had done a floatplane the year before, so maybe my expectations were too high). Only wildlife we saw were eagles up in the trees and a few seals.

I wasn't overly impressed with my combo tour either. I think I paid $279 for it 2 years ago. We did see a bear from a distance in the boat.

Our weather was rainy and foggy and after we left the scenic part in the boat - it wasn't that special. The plane ride just didn't do anything for me. I couldn't wait to get off of it.

Archived