Promenade VS Inside Cabins

Had to add my 2 cents-

having always sailed with inside cabins (which I like just fine), we splurged on our Mariner cruise in November-balcony for the adults, promenade for the kids-LOVED the promenade room better than my balcony! just enjoyed people watching from the window-(and you get that extra little window seat).

another factor, for me anyway, is I just don't seem to use my balcony all that much on a Caribbean itinerary (Alaska would be another story)...but in the Caribbean, on a Voyager class ship, from now on I will choose Promenade. ;-P

One of the main reasons we chose a promenade cabin was that since we were in the Caribbean in August, I knew that we wouldn't use the balcony much since it would be so hot. Plus the cabin stays hotter when the sun is beating on the drawn curtains. With the Promenade Cabin, the temperature was great and there was always something going on in the Promenade to keep you entertained.

Interestingly, the promenade cabin we got for Liberty of the Seas in June was actually $100 less than an inside cabin. It's on Deck 6, so maybe Deck 6 is a hard sell? We're over the barber.

• 2 weeks later...
The Promenade cabins make for a great cruise experience. There is always something to watch. Lots of entertainment going on. The picture that Lisichka had at the first of this thread is from my review on my website www.thepreismans.com . There are lots of other Freedom and promenade pics to help you get ready for your cruise.

Mike, Thanks for the pix and review.

Although we have not cruised w RCI yet, we are considering Explorer of the Seas 2008. We have had Balcony, OV, and Inside cabins before but the Promenade cabin really sounds great. We don't mind an inside to save money but the PR cabin may be a better alternative. Can't beat the people watching!

DaisyL,

It is a unique experience that you can only have on a Royal Caribbean Voyager and Freedom Class ship. You should definitely try it once. I love a balcony, but if I am cruising in the heat of the summer, I think the Promenade is a great way to go.

• 4 years later...
The Promenade cabins make for a great cruise experience. There is always something to watch. Lots of entertainment going on. The picture that Lisichka had at the first of this thread is from my review on my website www.thepreismans.com . There are lots of other Freedom and promenade pics to help you get ready for your cruise.

I love your website! I added it to my Favorites and sent it to my daughter. We will be cruising on FOTS in May 2012.

Yours is the best vacation website I have ever seen!

Many, many thanks!

LOVE the promenade cabins and that is what we always book. Be careful what is below you. If there are bars/pubs the music can be loud and go late. We always book deck 6 overlooking the Cafe Promenade.........LOVE IT!!!! And "YES" you can watch the parade in your PJ's BUT I would suggest doing so with the lights turned off in your room. People can see in and they WILL look.

I love your website! I added it to my Favorites and sent it to my daughter. We will be cruising on FOTS in May 2012.

Yours is the best vacation website I have ever seen!

Many, many thanks!

Iuki,

Thank you so much. I am glad you have enjoyed it. Have a great time on the FOTS.

We are looking to book a Promenade room on the Adventure of the Seas. What deck is best? Deck 6, 7, or 8? Is it better to be higher or lower?

3 years ago we had a PR on deck 7 mid-ship LOVE IT!!!!! and would book it again if had the option over an inside or ocean view

Unfortunately not alot of ships offer this so take it when you can, the rooms are generally a little larger then both the inside or ocean view and I prefer the lay out better too. the only thing that was hard to remember was to close the curtain but hey I am sure I am not the first and won't be the last to forget from time to time....;)

When booking I had the option for either floor and was told straight off the view from desk 7 was better then 6 or 8 so that's why we went for it....

232323232%7Ffp43454%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3B9%3E%3B6%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34974274%3C3324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp432%3C%3A%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3B9%3E%3B6%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3497427966324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp432%3C4%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3B9%3E%3B6%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D34974274%3C2324nu0mrj

These are the only pics I have of our cabins we had 7291 and 7293. The kid sat in the window to people watch and Dh and I enjoyed a few drinks while watching the shows that took place outside. We enjoyed this cabin selection almost as much as our balconys that we have had previously.

We had 6327 on the Freedom as an inside guarantee and liked it so much that we are rebooked in 6325 for our next cruise...6327 was already taken. Over Guest Services, steps away from the aft staircase, a 30-second walk to the promenade (AND a non-connecting stateroom!). This PR stateroom was our first non-oceanview, and it's hooked us on the promenade! :)

Archived