Queen Mary 2 - My Review

Jeanne S

For June 19th (a crossing?), I think you will have an entirely different demographic mix. Almost half the passengers should be Brits (not to imply anything derogatory about Americans). On crossing on Cunard I have found the passengers to be most civilized.

I really do think what we experienced was in part due to the this being a 3 day cruise to nowhere and that you will not see anything of this kind. We are sailing again to Canada in Sept and Caribbean in November on this ship and are optimistic things will improve.

As far as early seating goes. If I remember correctly on QM2 it is at 6:30pm. You will have passed underneath the VN Bridge by then (one of the highlights is being up on top deck hatching the ship go under the bridge). If dinner is at 6:30, they will take orders until at least 6:45 pm (maybe even 7pm). On the Carnival Triumph, we had seating at 5:45 and last order was 6:15. I think it will work out ok.

Have a great crossing!!!

Jeanne

Hi Jeannie! Welcome back!

Reading this made me feel like I was with you
on the ship. I can't wait til my turn!

But I have to put in my 2 cents on the topic of those boors you encountered in the restaurant. It's a shame that people like that
actually exist, and then bully other pax in order that they get thier way.

I agree with Russ ... I would have pulled up a chair, or stood there until they caved. Those savages should be put in there place, whether on land or at sea.

I can only hope that those idiots are members of this board, and that they have been reading
this thread. That way, they can see what a bunch of lowlifes they really are.

Here's hoping that they don't set foot on that ship again.

16 - HAL
10 - Cunard
4 - Home Lines
2 - NCL
2 - Royal Viking Line

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

Thanks Vic:

Did you get my email about the Radisson cruise Lorraine and I went on just recentely to Bermuda out of NYC? For this cruise at one point single supplements were only $100 and were were in Bermuda three days (Hamilton and St Georges). Not to mention the excellent poolside burgers that you are fond of! I really do think you will love this ship. Aside from afternoon tea (Cunard does this best and we really did not care for afternoon tea on Radisson Navigator, there is nothing not to like about this ship and the service of which everything is included.

The ship is full at 490 passengers. It held approx 440 as there was a nice contingent of singles that I understand Radisson made every effort to cater to and have activities for.

Jeanne

Vic:

When are you sailing on QM2? A crossing? I am definately sailing on Nov 6th 10 day Caribbean, but just had to cancel the Sept Canada trip as I have a conflict with work which is a shame as Terry and Lorretta from our Sept 2002 Bermuda QE2 sailing will be on this sruise (which was why I booked it, wanted to sail with them again).

Lorraine and I will most likely be booking Radisson Navigator to Bermuda next year (especially now that Cunard does not seem to sail there anymore).

Jeanne

Jeanne

• 2 weeks later...
"For June 19th (a crossing?), I think you will have an entirely different demographic mix."

Sorry, Jeannie, but don't bet on it. Just got off from QM2 this morning and am 'fraid to say, like Sportin' Life, "it ain't necessarily so. It ain't necessariy so. The things that you're liable to read in the bible, [or Cruise Critics], just ain't necessarily so." [With apologies to Ira Gershwin and Dubois Hayword]

Thanks Milton:

I like them both - that's a hard call. How about you, have you sailed on QM2 yet?

L Knick:

Oh no! On a crossing? There goes civilation as we know it. Did you have ceremonial sword at hand? any interesting stories. Were you in P or Q Grill?

How was it otherwise, what was your impresssion of the ship.

Jeanne

JeanneS--I took the time to post my observations under "One down, None to Go" heading....and few read it. Too obtuse for this crowd.

Guess I should have entitled it "My horrible 6/25 QM2 crossing, with bad food and Jane Seymour."

I believe his name is James Keach, younger brother of Stacy. They met when he was director of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

I hope my niece's two towheads are as well behaved on our next family cruise (will be on NCL Dawn - my niece does not care for Cunard).

Jeanne

Archived