Did JS get new perks?

I know this subject has been beat to death, but has anyone sailed in a JS and actually received new perks and do you still receive special boarding line? I have been told that JS does and does not receive new perks. Which is it? Does anyone really know?

Thanks

I know this subject has been beat to death, but has anyone sailed in a JS and actually received new perks and do you still receive special boarding line? I have been told that JS does and does not receive new perks. Which is it? Does anyone really know?

Thanks

We were on the AOS JS #9618 3-25-07. San Juan does have a special line for JS. Once we entered the terminal, they pointed us in the direction of Suites Line. Other than that no perks for JS

I got suite check-in and priority boarding on Monarch of the Seas. But that was the only perk...other than the bathroom amenities. But I don't consider those a perk. I don't use them anyway.

What about all the other stuff that everyone talks about? I know it is not concierge which really doesnt seem worth it to me anyway, as I still had to have 2 rooms regardless of weather or not I reserved GS, JS or balconies, ,it just worked out cheaper and better with a JS and connecting balcony. But the real ? is everyone keeps saying we get this with the new perks and now we dont??????????????????/ Which is it has anyone stayed in a JS and found out for sure?

What about all the other stuff that everyone talks about? I know it is not concierge which really doesnt seem worth it to me anyway, as I still had to have 2 rooms regardless of weather or not I reserved GS, JS or balconies, ,it just worked out cheaper and better with a JS and connecting balcony. But the real ? is everyone keeps saying we get this with the new perks and now we dont??????????????????/ Which is it has anyone stayed in a JS and found out for sure?

Although someone somewhere had posted the "press release" (I think it was) that said it JS was included in these upgrades, (I remember Merion Mom caught that) it appears that this may yet have been another "misprint." As far as asking which is it, it still seems to vary from ship to ship from what I've been reading.

I'd like to hear more reports as well.

Although someone somewhere had posted the "press release" (I think it was) that said it JS was included in these upgrades, (I remember Merion Mom caught that) it appears that this may yet have been another "misprint." As far as asking which is it, it still seems to vary from ship to ship from what I've been reading.

I'd like to hear more reports as well.

Oh Lord! Here we go again! LOL!:D Don't worry I'm not fighting this battle, still on the OTHER issue! LOL!:D

JS does get priority boarding on the Explorer in Bayonne, it does have all kinds of things in the bathroom, you can ask for whatever kind of pillow you want, you do get 2 cruise credits, if you really need the robes just ask for them and you'll get them, its a really nice spacious cabin on the Explorer/voyager class ships and I love the JS, I think I've covered everything for NOW! LOL! ;)

Carry on! :D

• Samsung Plasma TV's
  • Clocks
  • Binoculars
  • Pillow Menus*(Already in effect)
  • Complimentary Internet
  • Fruit Basket Upon Arrival
  • Evion Water Upon Arrival
  • A bottle of Wine Upon Arrival
  • Enhanced Bathroom Amenities
  • Additional and different amenities in terms of the length of the cruise.

These new benefits apply to Grand Suites, Owners Suites, Royal Family Suites, and Royal Suites.

Junior Suites are what she quoted to be "Enhanced and elegant Balcony Staterooms" - therefore my understand is JS is NOT included.

You do still get to check in the Suite line and you do get 2 cruise credits for the JS.

• Samsung Plasma TV's
  • Clocks
  • Binoculars
  • Pillow Menus*(Already in effect)
  • Complimentary Internet
  • Fruit Basket Upon Arrival
  • Evion Water Upon Arrival
  • A bottle of Wine Upon Arrival
  • Enhanced Bathroom Amenities
  • Additional and different amenities in terms of the length of the cruise.

These new benefits apply to Grand Suites, Owners Suites, Royal Family Suites, and Royal Suites.

Junior Suites are what she quoted to be "Enhanced and elegant Balcony Staterooms" - therefore my understand is JS is NOT included.

You do still get to check in the Suite line and you do get 2 cruise credits for the JS.

Wonder why RCCL does not call them " Enhanced and elegant balcony rooms " in all the brochures and on the website instead of selling them as Junior suites??! Call RCCL and ask for a " enhanced and elegant balcony room " and you'll get yourself a nice D1. :D

We stayed in (3) JS in 2006. They have more square footage, shower/tub in bath and double cruise credits.

I don't think everyone is saying anything new about JS. I read this forum faithfully and I haven't seen everyone giving inaccurate information about "perks". Read the posts above. That is what you get. Nothing more. Nothing less.

LL

Wonder why RCCL does not call them " Enhanced and elegant balcony rooms " in all the brochures and on the website instead of selling them as Junior suites??! Call RCCL and ask for a " enhanced and elegant balcony room " and you'll get yourself a nice D1. :D
Ha Ha - then they would have to call them EEBSR1's and that is more of a mouthful than just sticking to JS!!!! Hope you are well and send my love to Explorer and Bermuda when you are onboard!!

We stayed in (3) JS in 2006. They have more square footage, shower/tub in bath and double cruise credits.

I don't think everyone is saying anything new about JS. I read this forum faithfully and I haven't seen everyone giving inaccurate information about "perks". Read the posts above. That is what you get. Nothing more. Nothing less.

LL

Indeed - I have never seen anyone claimining to have any knowledge of the JS getting the perks (only a few people with ignorance or over-optimism).

JS is not a suite and wont get the new perks.

Boo

Ha Ha - then they would have to call them EEBSR1's and that is more of a mouthful than just sticking to JS!!!! Hope you are well and send my love to Explorer and Bermuda when you are onboard!!

Hey Little Brit! LOL! :D That would be a mouthful! :p Good to see you on the boards! All is well and looking forward to Bermuda again! I visit Seacruise and MotherHen over on the 12/14/07 quite a bit! Stop over there as I know they'll be happy to hear from you!

Indeed - I have never seen anyone claimining to have any knowledge of the JS getting the perks (only a few people with ignorance or over-optimism).

JS is not a suite and wont get the new perks.

Boo

Wow Boo, I don't think suggesting that some people are ignorant is called for on this topic. It is a fact that the JS already does receive a few things on the " New Perk " list and it did long before the new list was announced. No need to get huffy over it! :) I sail in a JS and I know what my cabin has on the Explorer which I named already. :) I have no idea what catagory you sail in or on what ships but I know what is in my JS.

Wow Boo, I don't think suggesting that some people are ignorant is called for on this topic.

Sorry, just "blissfully optimistic" then (no matter how many people tell them to the contrary...).

It is a fact that the JS already does receive a few things on the " New Perk " list and it did long before the new list was announced. No need to get huffy over it! :)

Like what?

Yes, sorry, I just read the same question over and over and over again (and, in this thread, the same question from the OP several times, despite it being answered).

I sail in a JS and I know what my cabin has on the Explorer which I named already. :) I have no idea what catagory you sail in or on what ships but I know what is in my JS.

What did you name it?

Boo

Sorry, just "blissfully optimistic" then (no matter how many people tell them to the contrary...).

Ok, that works!:D

Like what? Bedside clock, Choice of pillows, I always pick down and lots of them, All the bathroom stuff that seems so important to other people, shampoo, conditioner, soap, cotton balls, scrubby thing, etc. So there's 3 things on the new perk list that's not new at all to the JS or any other suite. :) The bottles of water in fridge for 1.25 and the free wine from TA I give away doesn't count I guess;) But they are there! LOL!

Yes, sorry, I just read the same question over and over and over again (and, in this thread, the same question from the OP several times, despite it being answered).

I know but people ask the same things all the time on the boards and if they didn't ask questions, where would CC be? ;)

What did you name it? Excellent question! I never thought about it before! I'll just stay with the Junior Suite name for now but you are right it should have a more personal name! :D

Boo

I think I answered them all! Boo, just trying to keep this thread lighthearted as for some reason the JS threads can turn nasty sometimes.

Archived