Guarantee-when do you find out?

music lady

when we booked guarantees we usually found out about a week before--the cabin number showed up on the online immigration form.

I have read here that some people haven't found out until they get to the pier.

have a great cruise!

Normally, guarantee assignments are made at the 1-2 weeks before sailing mark. Sometimes it's a bit sooner, and other times it's a bit closer.

My first guarantee was made at the 9-days before sailing point; the second was about 2 weeks before. I don't remember on the third. I have heard reports that sometimes you don't know until check-in! :eek:

Keep checking the HAL website Immigration page. When your assignment is made it will be reflected there.

And have a nice cruise! :)

We booked a VH guarantee for the Noordam 5/20 to Alaska and got a cabin number posted on the online form last Friday (upgraded to a VB!). I think the time varies tremendously. Just keep checking your online immigration form.

Zane

About three weeks prior to trip, go on line to H.A. and check preboarding site

daily. We found our cabin number.

Another site is shore trip site. you cabin number will be listed in the same time frame.

Music Lady;

We had gotten a SZ guarantee for May 12th sailing on the Oosterdam. We received our cabin assignment last Thursday the April 19th. We ended up with a SS on the Navigation deck. There are some others on the same ship as ours that got their assignment on April 5th. I just kept checking online several times a day to see if that "GUAR" had changed to a numer - and finally it did! I can relax now and just enjoy getting ready for our upcoming cruise.

Finally!

We booked G outisde guarantee and got E outside, both on the Main Deck on Maasdam. E is behind the G section, so I guess it isn't much of an upgrade. It does seem to be a little bigger though.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Mary D

We're sailing on the Amsterdam on May 25. We had a B guarantee and got cabin assignments yesterday - April 30. We're now in a mid-ship A cabin. We're happy with how the guarantee turned out. Of course if they want to bump us up to a full suite we'd be happy too!

Finally!

We booked G outisde guarantee and got E outside, both on the Main Deck on Maasdam. E is behind the G section, so I guess it isn't much of an upgrade. It does seem to be a little bigger though.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Mary D

The biggest difference is that you go from having on a porthole or two to having a nice big window.

Archived