It is official - Tahitian Princess spending summer in Alaska!

Coral

Thanks! I'm hoping my husband will really love Alaska, in spite of his appearance of not being very interested. Now the question is - can I wait until our June 4th cruise to book this cruise for next year?

Nancy - if you book it earlier than your trip, go ahead and visit the Future Cruise Consultant and ask if she can apply it to a cruise booked 2 weeks earlier. If she doesn't - get an open booking. Most agents are able to apply an open booking to an existing booked cruise. IT won't help you with your deposit but you will get the shipboard credit. You have nothing to lose as the Future Cruise deposit is fully refundable.

Nancy - if you book it earlier than your trip, go ahead and visit the Future Cruise Consultant and ask if she can apply it to a cruise booked 2 weeks earlier. If she doesn't - get an open booking. Most agents are able to apply an open booking to an existing booked cruise. IT won't help you with your deposit but you will get the shipboard credit. You have nothing to lose as the Future Cruise deposit is fully refundable.

Let me see if I understand this. If I book the Tahitian Princess cruise with my usual online TA in May (before my June Princess cruise), I should ask the FCC if she can apply the onboard credit to that cruise? And if she says no - then I pay another (reduced) deposit on an open booking and hope my current TA can apply the onboard credit to my already booked cruise? If the answer is yes, then what happens to the additional (reduced) deposit - is that applied to the amount due? How much OBC does one usually get for an inside cabin on a 14-day cruise?

Let me see if I understand this. If I book the Tahitian Princess cruise with my usual online TA in May (before my June Princess cruise), I should ask the FCC if she can apply the onboard credit to that cruise? And if she says no - then I pay another (reduced) deposit on an open booking and hope my current TA can apply the onboard credit to my already booked cruise? If the answer is yes, then what happens to the additional (reduced) deposit - is that applied to the amount due? How much OBC does one usually get for an inside cabin on a 14-day cruise?

You get $75 pp for inside and $100 for an outside.

I have a regular TA (not online) but she has always been able to apply FCC to existing bookings but you do lose the $100 cheap deposit (you pay the regular deposit plus an extra $100 so you over pay the deposit). Not sure how an online agent would handle this...

My guess is that you are safe booking 2 weeks after the booking opens for an inside. I want an aft balcony so I am going to try to book right away.

I thought you could not cancel a cruise to rebook it and use a FCC?

We have just applied the FCC to an existing booking that has a deposit. We have been able to do that in the past and I know several others who have also done that.

We did not cancel the booking.

You get $75 pp for inside and $100 for an outside.

I have a regular TA (not online) but she has always been able to apply FCC to existing bookings but you do lose the $100 cheap deposit (you pay the regular deposit plus an extra $100 so you over pay the deposit). Not sure how an online agent would handle this...

My guess is that you are safe booking 2 weeks after the booking opens for an inside. I want an aft balcony so I am going to try to book right away.

Thanks, again. :) It seems like it would be a lot less hassle to just wait until we're on the ship to book it, then transfer it to a TA. However, there are 3 weeks between May 14 and our cruise on June 4, and it might take my husband the whole week to decide he loves Alaska cruises! I'm more concerned about prices going up than inside cabins selling out in those 3-4 weeks.

Is May 14 a "solid" date for booking the new cruise itinerary to Alaska? Will all cruise pricing open up then as well? Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't know. That is the date on the Press Release. I personally would expect it to open on the 12th.

As far as all pricing open - Alaska one way and this RT out of Vancouver will open. I don't think Princess has announced their Seattle and San Francisco sailings yet so I don't think those will open at the same time. At least one year in the past, they opened those seperately.

Other cruise regions haven't fully been released yet, so they will probably ope at a different time.

Yes I have - quite a few times. There is a flash right now for Pacific Princess 10 day Hawaii to Vancouver - a balcony for $1099 for May 27th.

A lot of the email specials I get from Princess involve the smaller ships also. I got one March 6th for 22 days on the Pacific Princess for $2499 for outside cabin (Sydney to Tahiti) for April 24th.

Darn, I don't seem to get the flash specials emailed to me from Princess and I am signed up for them. $1099 for a 10 day Hawaii to Vancouver is a perfect itinerary for me. What a great price on a small ship and a balcony at that! I would love to book that except I will be in San Diego for a conference.

Darn, I don't seem to get the flash specials emailed to me from Princess and I am signed up for them. $1099 for a 10 day Hawaii to Vancouver is a perfect itinerary for me. What a great price on a small ship and a balcony at that! I would love to book that except I will be in San Diego for a conference.

Find yourself a good TA and let them know that you are interested in Flash specials on the small ships or in a specific area and they will then contact you when there are specials.

Some TA's now have the rates posted for this cruise.

Prices starting at (depending on sailing):

• Inside: $2299
  • Outside: $2799
  • Balcony: $3499
  • Mini-Suite: $3999

Rates listed are for the May 29 sailing and go UP from there...

ps - Port charges are included. Government taxes are not included.

Some TA's now have the rates posted for this cruise.

Prices starting at (depending on sailing):

• Inside: $2299
  • Outside: $2799
  • Balcony: $3499
  • Mini-Suite: $3999

Rates listed are for the May 29 sailing and go UP from there...

ps - Port charges are included. Government taxes are not included.

Thanks for the information :) It's actually a hair less than I thought it would be. I was thinking a mini would be about the same as one on the Regal to Hawaii as it's sort of exclusive too though larger.

Archived