HAL CruiseTour in Aug

MSEm

I will be doing a HAL CruiseTour (#3) in August. The cruise is 3 days from Vancouver with a 9 day interior tour. Am I limited to 1 suitcase? What should I plan on wearing to dinner at night during the land tour? I would also like any suggestions on what to pack. Thanks for the help.

As most meals aren't included on the cruisetour, you would dress according to where you wanted to eat. If you see an upscale restaurant, you aren't going to want to wear jeans. On the other hand if you are grabbing a burger at a local fast food place, comfort would be the way to go.

I'm going in August also, but cruisetour #1. I'm taking mostly sweatsuits for me, jeans and shorts for my hubby. I get a lot colder than he does. We will have the one outfit for formal night on the ship, but don't plan on wearing it any other time.

Have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...

We will skip the dining room on the Formal night. We may go to the Lido or order dinner to be delieved to our cabin.

We do not want to take up the space for clothes that will be worn only 1 time on the cruisetour.

You have answered my question. I thought it would be very casual dress. I will probably take 1 pair of nicer pants to were in Vancouver, Fairbanks, Anchorage if we go to a dressier eating place.

Overall, there isn't much formality on the land portion, most places are perfectly appropriate in jeans and tshirts. :)

And jeans and sports shirt are acceptabe anywhere in Alaska.

Archived