Cruise Documents email or postal?

rileyj

Hey everyone I am new to CC and cruising in general. I so far have been able to search the forums and find answers to all of my questions except one. Looking at the online reservation for my upcoming cruise I have the option of having my docs emailed or sent in the mail. Is there any reason to do one option over the other?

Hey everyone I am new to CC and cruising in general. I so far have been able to search the forums and find answers to all of my questions except one. Looking at the online reservation for my upcoming cruise I have the option of having my docs emailed or sent in the mail. Is there any reason to do one option over the other?

When you go to the mail box and get that package with docs, it is exciting seeing them, feeling them, sniffing them, hugging them and dancing with them. :D I've also had them emailed to me and the frenzy just isn't the same. I did not have a problem at all with emailed docs and it took less than a minute to have the porter write our room number on blank luggage tags and attach them. I just prefer the snail mailed docs.

It really doesn't matter--you don't need the docs to board the ship! Some like to have "hard copies" in their hands. (Me too!) But, you don't really NEED them! The exact same info that's in the docs is in your cruise planner brochure. Luggage tags can be gotten when you get to the pier. All you really need is plenty of $$$$$. ID, and your setsail pass!

You get your Set Sail pass at the port don't you??:confused: I had my docs e-mailed to me. There wasn't any Set Sail pass in them. Printed out the luggage tags.

The Set Sail pass is what you print when you fill in your information online. This is strongly suggested (it may even be required) as a post-9/11 security measure, b/c the ship has to file its list of passengers with the authorities 72 hours before sailing.

This isn't the same as your Sea Pass, which is your room key, charge card, and boarding and exiting pass.

on the website, go to "Before You Board" and then "Online Check-in". It'll ask for information such as your emergency contact and immigration documentation (passport number, or birth certificate, etc). Do this for each member in your party, and when it says that everyone is complete, it'll tell you to print the Set Sail pass.

Archived