Will I like Royal Caribbean???

Hi everybody...I am thinking about taking the Serenade of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean in December. I have always gone with Princess and I like the line but I was wondering would I like RC? Are there alot of kids onboard during the week before christmas? I am going with my wife, son (20) daughter (27) her BF (27) and my sister!

Thanks

-Joe :)

Serenade is a beauty. Lots of glass. Well laid out. I was on her the week after Thanksgiving. There were some kids, couple hundred at most, but we hardly ever saw them. I would think there would be a lot more Christmas week, than the week before. Less expensive to cruise then too! The southern itinerary is great. I've sailed Princess before. I enjoyed it, but I think you'll find a RCI a little more active.

RCI does have the adults only Solarium, so if you're looking to get away from kids, that's the place to be.

Great ship. You'll love it.

I can't tell you about the kids on board though. The only time I cruised at that time was on Carnival on a 5 night cruise - got home Christmas Eve - and I didn't notice any kids. There must have been some but they didn't stand out or cause a disruption.

Don't worry about kids too much--except around the main pool, you will hardly notice them! We generally sail in the spring (when multiple schools are on break) so kids are a certainty! We've never been bothered or inconvenienced at all! There are sooooo many places that the kids like to be (where adults don't go) that they are in a world unto themselves!

Hi everybody...I am thinking about taking the Serenade of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean in December. I have always gone with Princess and I like the line but I was wondering would I like RC? Are there alot of kids onboard during the week before christmas? I am going with my wife, son (20) daughter (27) her BF (27) and my sister!

Thanks

-Joe :)

I've cruised many times with both RC and Princess. Princess has more to do overall than RC, but I think that RC production shows are better. No comment on food; too subjective

Pia

I've cruised many times with both RC and Princess. Princess has more to do overall than RC, but I think that RC production shows are better. No comment on food; too subjective

Pia

I don't think I have ever read a post in the past that said Princess had more to do on board than RCI. That is a very interesting opinion. Could you elaborate?

Archived