Port of Miami Question

We're sailing on Freedom 7/29/07 and I am trying to get my flights figured out this weekend. I remember last year when we sailed on Navigator, American Airlines had a check-in desk at the Port of Miami. It was great for us, we just dropped our luggage off at the right outside of the baggage claim and headed to the airport with our boarding passes.

However, I am trying to stick with Delta for this trip so that we can use up some of our Skymiles. Does Miami have anything like this that you can use with Delta or is it just American? I'm not going to risk making an 11:10 flight unless they have something like what American has at the Port of Miami.

Thanks.

We did that with Delta this year. We filled out the paperwork providing our flight info and they delivered our boarding passes & luggage tags to our cabin. The cost was $10.00 pp and worth every cent!

They did that on the ship? :confused:

You should be able to make an 11:10 flight with time to spare! We were at the airport well before 9am!

We had an 11:00 AM flight out of Miami on the Navigator last year and made it with plenty of time to spare, but the lines were out the doors for check in at American Airlines when we got to the airport, maybe it was just that day.

They will do the $10 charge thing and deliver your bags straight to the airline, however, flight had to be after 1:00 p.m. That was on the Explorer a few weeks ago.

We were able to get off both the Freedom (last November) and Explorer and be at the airport by 9:00 without any difficulty.

We sailed Freedom this past December and just got off Majesty on Friday. Both times we were able to keep our luggage on the last night and walk off the ship with them and walk right down to a taxi. This week we were at the Airport by 9:00 AM this way even with a traffic accident. Even if you did your luggage out the door you should be able to get to the airport in time for a 11:00 AM flight.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of different factors and that each person is different and what we have been able to do may not be possible. I will say that we will not try to do that when we travel with our kids. Not possible to round up two little kids and get going that quickly anywhere in a timely fashion.....

Archived