Miami Port Questions

We have stayed several times at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It is just across the street from Bayside Marketplace. Very convenient location. Rooms are okay, and around $100. for the night. The hotels close to the port do not offer shuttles to the port in Miami. Some of the hotels around the airport will offer a shuttle to the Miami port, but not sure which ones.

We stayed at the Hyatt Miami--5 minute ride to the port by cab. The Bayside Marketplace is a place with shopping, dining and they have Island Queen cruises going around Star Island. We had a lot of fun doing the tourist thing before going on our cruise. We got Hyatt on Priceline for a bid of $98.00 Have a great time:)

Another vote for the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We had a suite that overlooked the the port. It was so neat to be able to watch the ships from our room. The rate was reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. It was clean and comfortable, nothing fancy. Right across the street is abundance of shopping and restaurants. Beware of the McDonald's behind the hotel though. There are lots of people who will ask you for money. The toilets in that McDonald's are also pay toilets. That is the one and only time so far in my life that I have seen pay toilets in a McDonald's.

Does anyone have some recommendations for hotels in Miami? Was wondering which ones are close to the port & any that have shuttle service to the port.

Back in '86 I took a cruise on Carnival's Festivale with 3 other single guys in our late 20's and early 30's. The 3 other guys were flying in from Chicago. I flew in from Pittsburgh. I left Pittsburgh in the middle of Saturday afternoon for a flight to Miami via Kennedy. I had a pretty long layover in NY but it was finally, time to board. Alas, we ended up sitting on the tarmac for another hour or so and got into Miami really late. This was no problem as the cruise didn't leave until Sunday at 4. I had made no plans as to where I would spend the night. I stowed part of my luggage in a locker (pre 9/11, you know) and grabbed a cab. I asked the driver to take me to a nearby motel and he took me to a place called the Runway Inn. We had gotten all the way to the motel when I realized that I'd left some of my luggage on the curb at the airport. The cabbie took me back and it was still there. The Runway Inn was kind of a dump and I checked in, locked the door and went to bed. The place smelled like Pine-Sol (kind of reminded me of seedy bars and strip joints but that's another story.) There was a lot of noise outside my room and I envisioned prostitution and drug deals going on. I went to sleep and by morning the place looked better. I grabbed a cab and went to the airport to meet my friends and retrieve my luggage from the locker. I'd never do it this way again but it was quite an adventure. The cruise was my first and I'll never forget it!

John in OH

I like the Intercontinental Hotel ...

DCP_0042.jpg

About three blocks behind the above photo is the Bayside Marketplace. To the right is the free Metromover ...

DCP_0045.jpg

Here is the hotel's pool ...

DCP_0049.jpg

This is what I saw when I woke up and looked out my window ...

DCP_0057.jpg

And here is my favorite view, from the deck of the cruise ship ...

DCP_0096.jpg

Wonderful picture cuizer2. Does anyone have picture of the ships from the Holiday Inn, Bayside? I will be staying there in June prior to our Freedom cruise.

There's a great thread on the East Coast departures board that has quite a few pictures of the HI bayside in it.

I like the Intercontinental Hotel ...

DCP_0042.jpg

About three blocks behind the above photo is the Bayside Marketplace. To the right is the free Metromover ...

DCP_0045.jpg

Here is the hotel's pool ...

DCP_0049.jpg

This is what I saw when I woke up and looked out my window ...

DCP_0057.jpg

And here is my favorite view, from the deck of the cruise ship ...

DCP_0096.jpg

These are great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Archived