Everglades Airboat Ride

mattR

Have any of you taken the Everglades Airboat Ride tour that is offered post cruise in FLL? How long is the bus ride there? What time do you get back to the airport? We have a 4pm departure so not sure if it would be good to do this through the ship or do something else for the day?

I took one out off of Alligator Alley that is a little further from the port than other airboat rides. You see more natural swamp and alligators the further west you go.

I dont know which airboat you will be on. That being said, I loved it. It is so much fun to fly through the swamp, even if its really noisy. They give you ear plugs and stop and look at alligators and all during the ride.

An airboat ride is short, but sooooooooooooo much fun.

Have any of you taken the Everglades Airboat Ride tour that is offered post cruise in FLL? How long is the bus ride there? What time do you get back to the airport? We have a 4pm departure so not sure if it would be good to do this through the ship or do something else for the day?

We took this tour in February - it's about a 20-30 minute ride from the ship to the park. After the tour, we arrived at the airport around 12:30. Our flight wasn't until 5:45, but the airport was a madhouse - it took us more than an hour to check our bags, more time to get something to eat (pre-packaged - we ate sitting on the floor in the terminal because there were no seats anywhere), and still more time to go through security. The tour itself was fun. The airboats are fun to ride (although a bit uncomfortable with aluminum seats) and we saw some of the wildlife. Just one crocodile, though. In all, I thought it was a good way to spend some time before our flight without worrying about what to do with our luggage. I've posted a couple of pictures:

569849908_Evergladescrocodile4.jpg.84b7268bc45a4154788fa036c7c3c49b.jpg

627224120_AirboatinEverglades.jpg.b98239e704e4333feb3ee873fcb28ec5.jpg

Archived