BIG Announcement from Celebrity

TWELVEOHONE

Richard, I can not say what it is because we were advised not to. I can only tell you what it's not going to be. Common sense says, if you are making a big announcement then you will make it during the week and not on the weekend. Also, I can tell you that it is not about Capt Club.

Hi Pam.. Good one.:) .. What people are failing to realize is the fact that although Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruise lines and Pullmantur are under the same Corp umbrella. The brands are really split from each other. It is Celebrity that is making the announcement tomorrow.

I am going to sound like a wet blanket and will probably

get flamed for it:rolleyes: but why would you come on here, tell

us a "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" is coming and then say you

are not supposed to tell us:eek:

Sorry, guess I just don't get it. And since you are

Undercover, nobody will know you told us anyway.

Wouldn't it be from the decks of the Journey, as it starts it's very first voyage as a Celebrity ship on Saturday? Maybe just clarifying how the Journey and Quest will be different from other ships in the fleet?

The BIG event Saturday is the Journey!:rolleyes: :)

Enjoy!

Kel

Highly unlikely that they're buying another company; a transaction like that would have to be disclosed almost immediately to avoid the wrath of the SEC. Carolyn has already said that tomorrow (Friday) is the media/travel agent introduction to Quest, so there's a reasonable chance this has something to do with Quest and Journey. Remotely possible that they are creating more "distance" between these ships and the rest of X. IMO, however, if RCCL wanted to create a totally separate brand for the R-class, they would have done so immediately rather than started them out under a variant of the Celebrity brand.

Alternatively, it is about time for X to start releasing details and itineraries for Solstice. Their conference call slides from earlier this week still lists her debut in fall 2008, so it's about time for them to start accepting reservations.

A very slim chance that they could be acquiring assets (ships) from someone else (or perhaps selling them:eek:?). Or perhaps splitting some older ships off into a new RCCL brand. That type of transaction would not (necessarily) need to be immediately reported to the SEC. Seems very much a long shot, though.

No you didn't, but from your comments you know what

the annoucement will be.

And as I said, since you are Undercover I was assuming you

could post it....well you know what they say about assuming.

The Journey is involved.

Celebrity made a deal with the Gov of California to use all unsold staterooms to house criminals, thereby alleviating prison over-crowding. While the prisoners are onboard, they are going to repaint all of the ships black, and paint big white "X"s on them.

I got it, right? Just admit it!

Archived