Dillards....Another great gown!!! At an even better price

Mom is sending me some money to go shopping for my B-day, but last night I found a bargin that I couldn't pass up.

I bought this gown at Dillards last night. Mine is chocolate brown with gold beading.... the best part of the dress you can't see in this picture, but the bead work on the front goes around the back and all the way down the back of the dress!!! Very pretty, I have to hem it a bit, but because it is jersey knit, it will be easy!!!

http://www.julie-ann.com/store/p/750-Morgan-Co-Prom-Dress.html

(Only picture I could find on the web.)

The best part was that it was 75% off then "Take an additional 30% off" so I paid something like $24.33 for this dress!!!!

I posted on another thread, that I bought some footless hose at Victoria Secrets to wear with it, but I'm not totally happy because they have a front seam that if you look really close you can see. I found some capri length seamless shapers but they are too long, so if I go with those I will have to cut them so they hit just below the knee and not mid calf and w make the slit in the back not go up so high. I tried some of the thigh length ones, but even the "Invisible" ones still showed through the jersey fabric above the knee. Cruise is in only 6 weeks so I'll be sure to post a few pics in the new dress.

I like this dress because it stretches!!!!

what a pretty dress! you sure do well with your formal dresses ie you manage to get them on sale;) wish we had Dillards up here in Canada!

have fun on your cruise! have done Alaska cruise 3 times now, so any questions that you might have, I'll try to assist.

Very classy and a great buy! I have never found formal dresses at Dillards but always check them out since I see such good buys posted on here. That is, if I make it out of their shoe department which is the best of any in my area.:)

Beautiful dress! I have a white Morgan & Co. prom dress that I wore for a cruise when I renewed my vows. They make beautiful dresses for a great price. Of course when I found my dress, I knew it was the "one" and it wasn't on sale. Bought it anyways!!

Super dress! And I love that you got it in brown.

I saw the most beautiful D'Orsay style brown patent leather 3" heel pumps at Lord & Tayloe the other day........... <g>

Enjoy your dress!

Jane

I like dresses that come with a buit in bra, but unforutnately this one did not and had a scoop back, so even my backless bra showed... so that means the old "cut up and old bra, and sew the cups in trick". It works pretty well for shape, but not enough for uplift.

I am really thrilled with this dress. The chocolate color is "the new black" or atleast is was two years ago. And the ladies at the store thought that with my blonde hair and fair coloring, it was a great color for me.

I think I am just going to wear the thigh length shaper with the dress and just take small steps so that the edge doesn't show. I tried on the dress and walked around the house with different shaper solutions today and decided the thigh length was the best, though none perfect.

I'll post some pics when we get back and hopefully I wont' have to use photo shop on my tummy.

Beautiful dress !!! And you got it for a great price!!! Don't you just love it. We definitely want to see pictures.

We don't have Dillards in Southern California...what is a store that is like Dillards. Sounds like a great store to shop for deals.

Enjoy!!!

Amy

Beautiful dress !!! And you got it for a great price!!! Don't you just love it. We definitely want to see pictures.

We don't have Dillards in Southern California...what is a store that is like Dillards. Sounds like a great store to shop for deals.

Enjoy!!!

Amy

Dillard's is prob. on a scale somewhere between a Macy's and Neiman Marcus. Others agree?

There's never been a time I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for at Dillard's. Their choices run the gamut from women's REALLY casual to high-end formals and cocktail dresses.

They have a great on-line store, too, Amy. Check it out!

Dillards is a big traditional department store. They have a nice selection of formals even in a small town like Sierra Vista, though the one in Tucson have more selection. (They may have good selection of formals in Sierra Vista because it is a Military town and they have lots of formal events on post.)

I used to shop them all the time when I was in Dallas, and last year I got my turqoise formal there at the store in Dallas.

I would say they have moderate prices... they don't carry much on the lower end of the price scale to start with, but often items are 50% off retail, then they mark those down to 75%, and the final clearance is where you can find the best bargains. (did found a blouse on a sale rack that was marked down to 75% off and it was still $56:eek:) But there formals start out at about $100-200 and then go down to $50-100 and so on.

They carry the nice designer brands as well as a few less expensive brands and have both trendy and traditional, and clothes for your daughter and your grand mother too.

Super dress! And I love that you got it in brown.

I saw the most beautiful D'Orsay style brown patent leather 3" heel pumps at Lord & Tayloe the other day........... <g>

Enjoy your dress!

Jane

OMG I love L&T shoe department.. especially when they have a sale! They closed the stores here and I miss them. Their sales blew Dillards sales away... but I do like Dillards too. They are just in odd locations by my house so been a long time since I went to one. Now I usually go to Macy's.

Enjoy!!!

Amy

There is one there, I lived there for a time. It is out in El Centro so not something you know about unless you are looking for one. It is in Imperial Valley Mall.

I agree it is sorta along the lines of Macys. I think they carry about the same brands for the most part. Ralph Lauren, Jones NY etc...

I saw your post and I am cruising in less than a week so I decided to check out Dillard's additional 30% off clearance sale. I did not find this dress at the store closest to me but I did find it at another store. So today I am frantically trying to find a bra, shapers and shoes for this dress! Thanks for the post. I've also purchased many of my formal dresses from Dillards in the past. They have excellent clearance sales.

Cayce

Cayce, so glad you found the dress!!!

Walmart and Dillards have a whole section of "Bra" solutions, and your can always just by an inexpensive bra there and cut out the cups and sew them in like I did. I just tacked them in in a couple of spots, and did my sewing in the same spots where the beading is so that the thread didn't show. I am also thinking of getting two sided tape to make sure the dress doesn't slip.

Have a great cruise and be sure to post pictures!!!!

What a beautiful dress . How lucky you are to have a Dillards . I have been to Dillards in Lubbock Texas several times and i love the store . Always need a 2nd suitcase going home. Too bad we do not have a Dillards here. I would even be happy if they would ship to canada but they do not . I need to make another trip to texas just to shop.

Too bad we do not have a Dillards here. I would even be happy if they would ship to canada but they do not . I need to make another trip to texas just to shop.

When you do, Frannie... go to Dallas! There's a Dillard's OUTLET there. It was an addition for me when I lived in Dallas.

I think I am just going to wear the thigh length shaper with the dress and just take small steps so that the edge doesn't show. I tried on the dress and walked around the house with different shaper solutions today and decided the thigh length was the best, though none perfect.

Not sure where your figure concerns lie, but I wear a lot of jersey and it clings. I hate panty lines and am bulge obsessed.

I have a capri length pair of Nancy Ganz shapers and they are the most comfortable ever. I wear them all the time under clingy fabrics, not a lot of control, just a smoother line. Here is a link and mine are the 7303s:

http://www.barenecessities.com/Shapewear-Nancy-Ganz_catalog_nxs,33,vendor,790.htm

OK I need some suggestionsfor costume jewelry to go with this dress.

I am thinking that because of the bead work I could just do some chandelier earrings and skip a necklace.

I was thinking because the dress is brown with gold trim, maybe a pair of gold chandeliers with brown gemstones?

Too much? Not enought?

Archived