Amadagio/Amalegro have irons

wineasmusic

Is there a laundry area on the ship where you can iron some clothes. Can't find it on the deck plan. Never done a river cruise before but all our other cruises had a place you could iron out some travel wrinkles.

D2

Have not been on Amadeus boats, but I doubt that you could use an iron in your room. On Avalon, you were limited to using a hair dryer, and if I remember correctly, not in the bathroom but in a plug in the bedroom. Irons draw a lot of current, and it's doubtful a river boat's electical system could handle them.

You can always try hanging your clothes in the shower, turning on the hot water for a few minutes and letting the clothes hang overnight. Also the dress code on these river cruises is casual which we have interpreted to include a few wrinkles !!!

Have fun. :)

VAGUY,

I don´t think an iron is drawing that much of wattage. But irons are considered as a fire hazard.

The Delta Queen, Mississippi Queen and American Queen do provide irons and iron boards in the staterooms.

steamboats

Have not been on Amadeus boats, but I doubt that you could use an iron in your room. On Avalon, you were limited to using a hair dryer, and if I remember correctly, not in the bathroom but in a plug in the bedroom. Irons draw a lot of current, and it's doubtful a river boat's electical system could handle them.

You can always try hanging your clothes in the shower, turning on the hot water for a few minutes and letting the clothes hang overnight. Also the dress code on these river cruises is casual which we have interpreted to include a few wrinkles !!!

Have fun. :)

I can say from personal experience that the Amadagio has excellent shower ventillation. The laundry was always dry later that day.

WIT

We just left this boat 4/29. They do NOT have irons in the cabins, nor are they available from the staff. They supposedly have laundry service. We did not use that so I'm not familiar with details. You will be sent information on the ships amenities and restrictions with your information packet prior to the cruise.

It was so hot in the Netherlands and Belgium while we were there between April 20 and 29th, up to 90 degrees some days, that all I wore during the day was a pair of capris with some stretch and T shirts. I rinsed the T shirts out in the sink and hung them up. They dried in a couple days. But prepare for hot, sticky weather and I suggest you pack stuff that can be rolled up in your luggage and does not require ironing.

We just left this boat 4/29. They do NOT have irons in the cabins, nor are they available from the staff. They supposedly have laundry service. We did not use that so I'm not familiar with details. You will be sent information on the ships amenities and restrictions with your information packet prior to the cruise.

It was so hot in the Netherlands and Belgium while we were there between April 20 and 29th, up to 90 degrees some days, that all I wore during the day was a pair of capris with some stretch and T shirts. I rinsed the T shirts out in the sink and hung them up. They dried in a couple days. But prepare for hot, sticky weather and I suggest you pack stuff that can be rolled up in your luggage and does not require ironing.

Are longer shorts OK for touring? How expensive is the laundry service? Did they serve beer with dinner, or just wine? Did you enjoy the tours? What type of entertainment did they have?

Shorts,worn above the knee are not worn by women in Europe.The only women I have ever seen wearing shorts were very young,American women. If they are below the knee it would be fine.Is that what you meant?

AliceS,

Shorts are not very common in Europe unless it´s a really hot day or you´re doing any kind of sports (like a bike tour). Capris are o.k..

According to a press release for the christening of the Amalegro Amadeus has increased the number of bikes on each ship and:

"Other recent luxury perks include complimentary bottled water in every stateroom; wine, beer and soda at every dinner; and complimentary cappuccino and espresso at every meal."

steamboats

You will not get an iron to be used in your cabin on any European cruise ship. Not because they like you see runing around wrinkled but because it is considered a fire hazard and European safty regulations prohibit their use - hence no irons !

Archived