They changed my room with one week to go!

Oh my take the JS it is an upgrade.We were upgraded last week from a JS to a GS.Yes we loved it and there is a Upgrade fairy............Ruth

I'm hoping for a GS to OS upgrade. Maybe I ought to keep buying lotto!

I'd take the JS over the D1 on the edge of the hump without blinking. I'm on a quest to hit Diamond Status! Trying to convince DW that I should take DD on a cruise the week of 5/27 since she's going to be out of school without any daycare lined up. She's not having any of that though :p

Some hump cabins on Radiance class ships have larger balconies. Not so much on Voyager class. Pretty much exactly the same size.

Sorry have to disagree, some hump cabins on Radiance may have larger balconies, but the ones in the middle of the hump are the same size as all other balconies.

Sorry have to disagree, some hump cabins on Radiance may have larger balconies, but the ones in the middle of the hump are the same size as all other balconies.

That would be why I said "SOME". Not all.

We had a JS and ask then got access, they didn't seem bat an eye.

JS don't get access. If you are a diamond member, you would have access no matter what kind of room you were in.

We had a JS and ask then got access, they didn't seem bat an eye.

There have been recent reports of people getting access, that are not GS suite guest or up, or the Diamond member, and I was just wondering how you either got it or heard about the possibility of getting it?

So was there a key in your room or did you inquire about one? Thanks for your reply. :)

There have been recent reports of people getting access, that are not GS suite guest or up, or the Diamond member, and I was just wondering how you either got it or heard about the possibility of getting it?

So was there a key in your room or did you inquire about one? Thanks for your reply. :)

I just asked and I wasn't a diamond either, I think I read on the boards to ask. Now I do tip my cabin attendant a $20 on the first day also.

I just asked and I wasn't a diamond either, I think I read on the boards to ask. Now I do tip my cabin attendant a $20 on the first day also.

Thanks. That was my question? I wondered if you learned it here or if you had learned it from the brochures? Thanks for telling us as you didn't have to of course.

Were they good about offering it to you, or were they reluctant?

I asked on the first day and then on the third day after getting back from shore my cabin guy stopped me and gave me the key. We went a couple times, I didn't want to push my luck.................

Thanks for your reply! I'm glad they took care of you. With all of your cruises now, will you qualify for Diamond soon? Then you don't have to worry when/if they correct this situation. Although since it's been going on for so long who knows what will happen in the future? :eek:

I asked on the first day and then on the third day after getting back from shore my cabin guy stopped me and gave me the key. We went a couple times, I didn't want to push my luck.................

Well here's a reason why the CL is so crowded at times.

Was thinking the same thing since he is the second poster to admit they were allowed in the lounge when they didn't meet the requirements this week. Sheesh!!

###

He is awfully close though. And what is one more person in that lounge?

He is awfully close though. And what is one more person in that lounge?

Yes, he is close and so am I :D The benefit is provided for those that actually meet the qualifications. As we know if/when benefits are abused they just might go away and I don't want to see that happen. And, was it really just one person, do we honestly know how many people were in the cabin?

RCI continues to surprise me when they post rules and policies yet they themselves continue to ignore them. The inconsistency is very frustrating. And, we actually only hear one side of the story and who know what we can believe on the internet :eek: ;)

###

Yes, he is close and so am I :D The benefit is provided for those that actually meet the qualifications. As we know if/when benefits are abused they just might go away and I don't want to see that happen. And, was it really just one person, do we honestly know how many people were in the cabin?

RCI continues to surprise me when they post rules and policies yet they themselves continue to ignore them. The inconsistency is very frustrating. And, we actually only hear one side of the story and who know what we can believe on the internet :eek: ;)

###

Well, and I suppose there is a lot of truth to that. However, to criticize a person for taking advantage of a rule that is not enforced does little to correct the situation. Personally I have been incredibly impressed with RCI's customer service. It is what made me want to switch from other cruise lines back to RCI. If that excellent customer service means some people get away with a lack of enforcement of rules, I personally would gladly pay that price. You call CCL and you get a disinterested CSR. You call RCCL and you get someone who will go out of their way to make you happy.

And THAT is what makes me happy. Victory.gif

Well, and I suppose there is a lot of truth to that. However, to criticize a person for taking advantage of a rule that is not enforced does little to correct the situation. Personally I have been incredibly impressed with RCI's customer service. It is what made me want to switch from other cruise lines back to RCI. If that excellent customer service means some people get away with a lack of enforcement of rules, I personally would gladly pay that price. You call CCL and you get a disinterested CSR. You call RCCL and you get someone who will go out of their way to make you happy.

And THAT is what makes me happy. Victory.gif

Wait, when did I criticize the poster? My disappointment was with RCI, thought I made that clear :) We too are very impressed with their customer service and that is why we continue to cruise with them.

###

Getting back to the OP's upgrade.............maybe RCL should ask before they hand out upgrades IF someone has a sought after cabin like a center hump or a corner aft since they know these rooms are popular. A cabin that has been reserved for a long time would be an indicator to RCL that a person sought out a specific cabin.

OMG.....I would jump on that JS so fast!!! The hump is not all that it is cracked up to be. No different than a regular balcony cabin.

Plus that JS is in a better location if you ask me.....(on your hump you are in the front, no way to look aft. On the JR suite you can look both ways).

I agree jump that JS Humping is good and all but a JS is bigger better and at 2 cruise credits just a better overall deal and you say they upgraded you to it free of charge. LOL if you don't want the cabin I'll donate it to Lisichka immediately. Now if I could only go with her ;)

It might have something to do with the misprint in last years brochures where as it said the JS got access. They are not suppose to, but until those brochures go away, maybe they are just letting JS guests in.

We are on next Sunday's Mariner cruise and went to register online for our year long planned hump cabin 9312 and now we are in 1294. RCCL's resolution department says that most people do not mind getting upgraded to a Jr suite (without being asked) and I said #@ and give me room 9312 back.

I usually don't jump in on these type of threads, but to get mad over getting upgraded to an JS is crazy. I just got off Serenade of the Seas in a JS and my aunt and uncle did not have a JS and I would take the JS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over a standard cabin.

I have been on the hump of Adventure, ocean view cabins, deck 2 - deck 10 and the JS is MUCH MUCH better then a regular cabin. You have got to be crazy not to take the upgrade just because you want to have the "hump experience." Take the UPGRADE

Archived