They changed my room with one week to go!

We are on next Sunday's Mariner cruise and went to register online for our year long planned hump cabin 9312 and now we are in 1294. RCCL's resolution department says that most people do not mind getting upgraded to a Jr suite (without being asked) and I said #@ and give me room 9312 back.

I would love the upgrade... and your new JS is not a connecting cabin like the original...and in a nice location...you'll get 2 cruise credits...:D

I have heard of this happening... was told to put a "do not change" on reservation... so they won't

We are on next Sunday's Mariner cruise and went to register online for our year long planned hump cabin 9312 and now we are in 1294. RCCL's resolution department says that most people do not mind getting upgraded to a Jr suite (without being asked) and I said #@ and give me room 9312 back.
I am sorry if you are not happy; this is a REALLY nice zap from the upgrade fairy. (you are gaining 50% more cabin space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: A bathtub!!!!!!)

Good luck getting your original cabin back. :rolleyes:

Why do you want the original room back? Are there friends or family nearby? Curious why you don't want the upgraded room? You get a great room, double cruise points and it doesn't cost you a dime!!

Last time on the Mariner we had a 10th deck aft cabin and it was fantastic. No adjoinging doors, more space, and a bathtub are nice but this time we decided to go back on the Mariner again to get the hump experience.

They will call us back tomorrow

Last time on the Mariner we had a 10th deck aft cabin and it was fantastic. No adjoinging doors, more space, and a bathtub are nice but this time we decided to go back on the Mariner again to get the hump experience.

They will call us back tomorrow

IMO, a D1 hump is only "better" than a D1 on the side, NOT a JS! (and even that is debatable)

Take the upgrade JS and be happy with the extra cruise credit:p ...We had a hump our first Mariner cruise and although it was lovely, the JS is so much bigger and more enjoyable...The balcony is lovely too... If you say no you may not ever get another visit from the upgrade fairy:eek: ...Later, Jill:cool:

image.php?u=25407&type=sigpic&dateline=1176215136

Being in a hump cabin is nice. You get a somewhat bigger balcony and a wider view either forward or aft (unless you are at center hump, in which case you see a bit more in both directions). But it's not that different of a view. I think the whole hump cabin thing has gotten a bit over-hyped on CC. The best part about a hump cabin to me is its mid-ship location.

I'd take anupgrade to the junior suite every time, unless it's located all the way forward.

Happy cruising,

Susan

OMG.....I would jump on that JS so fast!!! The hump is not all that it is cracked up to be. No different than a regular balcony cabin.

Plus that JS is in a better location if you ask me.....(on your hump you are in the front, no way to look aft. On the JR suite you can look both ways).

Make them give you your room back. The JS they have moved you to is under the pool deck. It will be noisy from the early morning with chairs being moved around. You paid for a room, make them provide what you paid for.

IMHO, that is a downgrade.

I'd take an upgrade to the junior suite every time, unless it's located all the way forward.

Happy cruising,

Susan

Agreeing with Susan again. :D This JS is just a few cabins forward of booked cabin, one deck up. Still an excellent midship location.

If for no other reason, take those two cruise credits and RUN!

Make them give you your room back. The JS they have moved you to is under the pool deck. It will be noisy from the early morning with chairs being moved around. You paid for a room, make them provide what you paid for.

I strongly disagree. :eek:

Being in a hump cabin is nice. You get a somewhat bigger balcony and a wider view either forward or aft (unless you are at center hump, in which case you see a bit more in both directions). But it's not that different of a view. I think the whole hump cabin thing has gotten a bit over-hyped on CC. The best part about a hump cabin to me is its mid-ship location.

I'd take anupgrade to the junior suite every time, unless it's located all the way forward.

Happy cruising,

Susan

Some hump cabins on Radiance class ships have larger balconies. Not so much on Voyager class. Pretty much exactly the same size.

Do not take the JS...:eek:

Unless you want to become spoiled and addicted to suites. Plus two cruise credits.

I am sure, you will have a fabulous cruise either way!

BILL

JS occupants do not have access to the CL unless they are Diamond members. Strongly disagree with the poster who said that because that JS is under the pool deck it will be noisy; we occupied that JS and heard no noise unless we were out on the balcony.:) :)

I would love the upgrade... and your new JS is not a connecting cabin like the original...and in a nice location...you'll get 2 cruise credits...:D

I have heard of this happening... was told to put a "do not change" on reservation... so they won't

I would take the suite just to get the extra cruise credit. Sorry about your hump cabin, someone else got "upgraded" I saw earlier and not at all happy with their upgrade either.

Good idea putting "do not upgrade" on the cabin if you dont want to be changed.

We ALWAYS book on deck 10--NEVER have we had a noise problem!!!! The ceiling of deck 10 cabins is NOT the floor of the pool deck!!!!! This is a great upgrade! Take it and don't look back! JS's are the only way to cruise!

If you gave up the JS cabin, you definately made a mistake. The hump cabin you have is not really any better than any other cabin on the side of the ship in that category. Only the outer cabins on the hump are worth the effort to get them. The JS cabin you were given was midship and wouldn't have blinked if I were given such a generous upgrade.

Archived