They changed my room with one week to go!

Honestly, I believe RCCL employees are confused about the requirements for CL access.

When I booked a JS on the Enchantment directly through RCCL, their employee mentioned I would have access to the CL. I told him I did not think I qualified for that perk. He was supposed to double check on it and let me know....he did not call back. :rolleyes:

Hmmm. Maybe I will have to ask my room attendant about it just due to curiosity. Honestly, since I do not drink alcohol I do not know why I would use the CL anyway.

We had 1298 (GS) on the Mariner last October. Great room: great location (close to stairs, elevators, windjammer, pools etc) and honestly didn't hear any noise from the deck upstairs.

1294 is right next door and would be a great JS - think it would be a GREAT cabin (more suites on that floor, so less foot traffic going past too). The OP would be mad to pass up the upgrade... but the world is made up of all sorts... ;)

Boo

The original poster was in a cabin with interleading door so I am assuming RCCL needed that cabin as a interleading one and therefore upgraded the poster. Why he would be so upset with the upgrade fairy (since that is almost extinct over at RCCL) is beyond me..

We have a hump cabin booked for December, but if I logged on, and saw that the Upgrade Fairy had visited and upgraded to a JS...I would be thrilled!! Just for the bathtub alone:) Have a great cruise, no matter what you decide!!

Actually the current brochures indicate that JS get access to the Concierge Lounge.

If RCCL is going to insist on this change, I would insist on OBC of some sort and maybe CL access if it is not included. Tell them how unpleased you are with what you consider to be a downgrade and get them to sweeten the pot.

As I said before, we didn't care about having extra space or a bathtub (nor the credits). We could have paid for that in the first place. People book a certain cabin for numerous reasons and I guess we are crazy because it is only a D1 at the forward end of the hump.

Thanks for all your comments and now we know how big of a deal getting upgraded is. Sorry to let everyone down by not taking it. They called back today and said that we had 9312 back without explanation. We are happy again :-)

We don't understand the policy of not contacting their customers first when they have home phone, cell phone, and email? :-)

I would have also been mad had I not been contacted, however I'd much rather have the JS and why we always book one.;) IMO, the only hump worth having is the JS smack in the middle of the hump. That is the only hump experience! You get to see both ends of the ship without any obstructions, and you get the larger stateroom to boot. :D The only special D1 is on the corner aft and we have had that stateroom as well. Same size as the JS, larger balcony, but no bath. We preferred the true JS over that stateroom.

I respect your wishes and hope you have a wonderful cruise.

BTW - I know that those passengers originally booked in your D1 are doing the "happy dance" right now, after receiving the unexpected upgrade to a JS.:D

I pick cabins for specific reasons and lately they are D1's Deck 10 aft corner's. Last two cruises were on vovager class cabins 1388 and 1688 and there is no JS I would want compared to them.I haven't cruised yet on the Freedom class but I have three cruises booked on that class of ship and two of them are D1's deck 10 aft corners Cabin 1400 the other is also back there but cabin 1404. Isn't it a good thing everyone has there own favorites and we all don't want the same cabins. Makes it better for everyone and yes I have advised I do not want upgrades unless contacted first.

I have seen several threads about the hump cabin. I am not sure what a hump cabin is, someone please let me know

When you look at a picture of a cruise ship, often there is a part in the middle of the ship on the outside that juts out in a half circle shape. Some people really like these balconies that jut out from the ship. Some of the balconies are larger because of this and the viewing from the balcony is different than the regular balconies.

I still will take the JS if no one else wants it!

am glad the op got the cabin back that they originally booked- now another lucky person get the j.s.! if we ever get upgraded to a suite...................you will hear me for miles screaming how awesome it is!!!!

have a great cruise- the hump is great too-

As I said before, we didn't care about having extra space or a bathtub (nor the credits). We could have paid for that in the first place. People book a certain cabin for numerous reasons and I guess we are crazy because it is only a D1 at the forward end of the hump.

Thanks for all your comments and now we know how big of a deal getting upgraded is. Sorry to let everyone down by not taking it. They called back today and said that we had 9312 back without explanation. We are happy again :-)

We don't understand the policy of not contacting their customers first when they have home phone, cell phone, and email? :-)

Congrats for getting your cabin back and not being forced to take what was a downgraded cabin.

Archived