Liberty Of The Seas Is Awesome!!!

I just got off the LIBERTY OF THE SEAS on Sunday and I have to say...she is absolutely beautiful!!! The decor seems a bit more low key than the FREEDOM...but that is a good thing...THE LIBERTY OF THE SEAS is really elegant. Was it my imagination...or are the elevators bigger on the LIBERTY??? It seemed like the evevators could hold more people...maybe it was just me??? Everything was open and all was working well. The crew seemed to have all the bases covered. The bar service and restaurant service were outstanding. The crew was very friendly and greeted us constantly. The ship has a very nice ambiance...I can tell that it is going to be a winner. Some ships feel disjointed and unconnected...THE LIBERTY OF THE SEAS...gave me a very warm feeling...very comfortable. I really enjoyed walking this ship...the Promenade under the life boats is truly amazing...it goes on forever.

THE NEGATIVES:

Why can't anyone make a good pizza??? I have eaten pizza off of every ship there is and I have yet to find a great pizza??? It would seem to me that Sorrento's Pizza could easily make a good pie. The dough is lack luster...the sauce is bland and the cheese is loaded on but tasteless. I do believe that MSC takes the laurels for the best Pizza. RCI needs to improve their pizza on all their ships. The one thing I would love is a good slice of pizza. Pizza is the perfect antidote for all the rich food you eat on a cruise. I just wish they would do it right. Pizza is the one thing I want to be done right...it is so easy to grab a slice instead of eating a big meal. Why is it so bad on all the major lines???...Princess, RCI, Celebrity, Carnival etc. I just do not understand it.

BEAUTIFUL BAYONNE NEW JERSEY:

The port facilities at Bayonne have to be some of the worst I have ever seen...talk about leaving from the pits!!! I know they have great plans to improve the port...but I think that it would take a nuclear strike to clear out this place. Processing passengers in sheds that were left over from WW II is not my idea of a nice send-off. When I heard that the state of NJ wanted to charge cruise passengers $50 per person for the privilege of departing from beautiful Bayonne, I lauged myself onto the floor!!! NJ should pay the passengers to come there. There are no large signs to even indicate the path to follow in order to get there...what a joke. It will take some major construction to improve these facilities. Let's hope it is done quickly.

I don't really care what the port looks like. I've been there twice, never had a problem with sitting in the building, actually only had to sit for about 10 minutes before we got on the shuttle to the ship. Also, found signs very easily to get there. The best part is that it's only a 20 minute ride there and back!!

I don't really care what the port looks like. I've been there twice, never had a problem with sitting in the building, actually only had to sit for about 10 minutes before we got on the shuttle to the ship. Also, found signs very easily to get there. The best part is that it's only a 20 minute ride there and back!!

I agree! I have only been to the port in Galveston, and when you pull up and can actually SEE the ship behind the building, I could be walking through a condemned building with no roof and all I am thinking about is getting to that SHIP!!:D

I just got off the LIBERTY OF THE SEAS on Sunday and I have to say...she is absolutely beautiful!!! The decor seems a bit more low key than the FREEDOM...but that is a good thing...THE LIBERTY OF THE SEAS is really elegant. Was it my imagination...or are the elevators bigger on the LIBERTY??? It seemed like the evevators could hold more people...maybe it was just me??? Everything was open and all was working well. The crew seemed to have all the bases covered. The bar service and restaurant service were outstanding. The crew was very friendly and greeted us constantly. The ship has a very nice ambiance...I can tell that it is going to be a winner. Some ships feel disjointed and unconnected...THE LIBERTY OF THE SEAS...gave me a very warm feeling...very comfortable. I really enjoyed walking this ship...the Promenade under the life boats is truly amazing...it goes on forever.

THE NEGATIVES:

Why can't anyone make a good pizza??? I have eaten pizza off of every ship there is and I have yet to find a great pizza??? It would seem to me that Sorrento's Pizza could easily make a good pie. The dough is lack luster...the sauce is bland and the cheese is loaded on but tasteless. I do believe that MSC takes the laurels for the best Pizza. RCI needs to improve their pizza on all their ships. The one thing I would love is a good slice of pizza. Pizza is the perfect antidote for all the rich food you eat on a cruise. I just wish they would do it right. Pizza is the one thing I want to be done right...it is so easy to grab a slice instead of eating a big meal. Why is it so bad on all the major lines???...Princess, RCI, Celebrity, Carnival etc. I just do not understand it.

BEAUTIFUL BAYONNE NEW JERSEY:

The port facilities at Bayonne have to be some of the worst I have ever seen...talk about leaving from the pits!!! I know they have great plans to improve the port...but I think that it would take a nuclear strike to clear out this place. Processing passengers in sheds that were left over from WW II is not my idea of a nice send-off. When I heard that the state of NJ wanted to charge cruise passengers $50 per person for the privilege of departing from beautiful Bayonne, I lauged myself onto the floor!!! NJ should pay the passengers to come there. There are no large signs to even indicate the path to follow in order to get there...what a joke. It will take some major construction to improve these facilities. Let's hope it is done quickly.

Thanks for your review. There are large signs which begin immediately off the NJ turnpike and continue until you pull into the lot. IMO, you could get there without directions as a result of the good signage. If you don't like leaving from NJ, you don't have to. Isn't there a port in Boston? As a resident of NJ, I will not be paying people to come here as you have suggested, I'm happy to have the port all to myself! LOL :D

Someone asked me about the Terminal and Docks at Southampton when I returned from the UK Pre-Inaugural of Liberty...I was like ...what dock/terminal..???..all I was looking at was the ship :D

Got to agree she is a lovely ship and there is definetly a warm fuzzy feeling about her...funny thing...I prefered her over the Freedom...why.??..I dont know...:o :D ....now I cant wait to get on the Independence next year :D

Thanks for your review. There are large signs which begin immediately off the NJ turnpike and continue until you pull into the lot. IMO, you could get there without directions as a result of the good signage. If you don't like leaving from NJ, you don't have to. Isn't there a port in Boston? As a resident of NJ, I will not be paying people to come here as you have suggested, I'm happy to have the port all to myself! LOL :D

I BEG TO DIFFER...We found the signs to be innocuous and without specifics. I stand by my critique...Bayonne needs a lot of work.

Got to agree she is a lovely ship and there is definetly a warm fuzzy feeling about her...funny thing...I prefered her over the Freedom...why.??..I dont know...:o :D ....now I cant wait to get on the Independence next year :D

HI ELIZINESSIE!!!

Isn't it funny how the LIBERTY just gives you that cozy feeling...for such a big ship. I am usually full of specifics but I found it too overwhelming this time. It was like the decor just blended nicely from one part of the ship to the next...testimony to a job well done by RCI and the Finnish ship builders.

Cheer up...I hear that Southampton will finally have a new terminal to replace the beloved Ocean Terminal that so many of us crossed thru on the way to the Boat Train...many years ago. I was so sad when they tore down the Ocean Terminal...that was a classic from the 1930's I believe.

ROSS

I just got off the LIBERTY OF THE SEAS on Sunday and I have to say...THE LIBERTY OF THE SEAS is really elegant. Was it my imagination...or are the elevators bigger on the LIBERTY??? It seemed like the evevators could hold more people...maybe it was just me???

I think the problem is that this was just a short pre-inaugural cruise, had it been a full 7 day cruise, then all the passengers would have been bigger and the elevators would have seemed the same size as Freedom:D :D

Cant wait we go on the FREEDOM on 1st March 08 and then from Southhampton with our DD 6yrs, in July 08 on the INDEPENDENCE!!

Cant wait we go on the FREEDOM on 1st March 08 and then from Southhampton with our DD 6yrs, in July 08 on the INDEPENDENCE!!

Oh lindy-loo,dont get me wrong I liked the Freedom...I just liked the Liberty more ..which sounds kinda daft, maybe it was the excitement of being on a Pre-Inaugural or seeing many crew members I knew already...I just felt ...I had come home.:o :D

I love the big ships :D

Archived