LAX to Pier in San Pedro

ivielane2

My husband and I will be flying into LAX rather than Long Beach because we can fly nonstop on Southwest. We're staying at the Crowne Plaza near LAX overnight. Can we take the shuttle from the hotel to the port on the morning of the cruise, or must we take a taxi?

Which shuttle? Supershuttle and other airport shuttle companies will take you from your hotel or home anywhere in the greater LA area to the port. Most airport hotels will NOT shuttle you to the port. You can pay for cruise line shuttles (most of which leave from major airport area hotels) if that is offered by your cruise line (but that would be my last choice).

Which shuttle? Supershuttle and other airport shuttle companies will take you from your hotel or home anywhere in the greater LA area to the port. Most airport hotels will NOT shuttle you to the port. You can pay for cruise line shuttles (most of which leave from major airport area hotels) if that is offered by your cruise line (but that would be my last choice).

It must be, you listed it last.

Also, you forgot the space shuttle. Not the most convenient shuttle around, and a little bit pricey, but it does offer full meal service and I understand the beds are so comfortable that it feels like you are floating. :)

Does anyone know if at the princess dock in San Pedro if taxi's are plentiful after returning from a cruise???

Thanks

Yes, they are going to be there. You are most likely going to be a prime fare for them. Not only are you most likely to ask to be taken to an airport, but airports are very popular places for the taxis to get their next fare. Thus they are basically being paid to go to where another fare will be waiting.

Yes, they are thick as fleas on a dog. You have to be careful not to get run down by one when crossing to the parking lot.

What kind of dog do you have? Our dog does not have any fleas.

Well, the first two and the last two were taken with a Nikon web cam and the middle one was taken with a Canon web cam. Unfortunately both are currently sitting in my computer room at home right now, so I can't turn them on. :) Sorry, but you made that one too easy.

Actually the two overhead shots were taken on a Friday morning while flying to Texas out of LAX. The bottom two were taken last Saturday, May 5 from ground level. The middle one was taken from a ship that was also docked in San Pedro.

I also have overhead shots of Long Beach ...

LongBeachportarea.jpg

Long Beach Airport to the Long Beach pier ...

LBairport.jpg

And both docks in one photo ...

LB-SP.jpg

great pictures. I was wonder where LAX is in refrence to the pier and longbeach airport.

great pictures. I was wonder where LAX is in refrence to the pier and longbeach airport.

More or less in the top left corner of the bottom photo (this side of the mountains).

I just booked our February flights from LI to LAX (fares were good and didn't want to take a chance waiting for Jet Blue - plus, they're more expensive to Long Beach). We're sailing President's week, so I jumped on a good fare on Delta. We will be renting a car at LAX and staying in the Huntington Beach area for a few days before cruising from Carnival's terminal in Long Beach.

Do you think there's an option to return a rental car near the cruise terminal (other than Long Beach airport)? Secondly, which shuttle company would you recommend from Long Beach terminal back to LAX? Shouldn't be a traffic problem returning, since it will be a Sunday morning.

And lastly, if I have to return the car to Long Beach airport, would a cab then be the best bet to get back to the cruise terminal? Figured I could drop everyone else and the luggage off and then return the car . . .

Appreciate any advice/input. Thanks! :)

Does anyone know what the cost would be for a taxi to LAX from San Pedro pier??? There are going to be 4 of us. Do they charge per person or for just a set fee to get to the airport?? I am not sure if a cab will be big enough for 4 of us plus our luggage.

Thanks

Dan

Does anyone know what the cost would be for a taxi to LAX from San Pedro pier??? There are going to be 4 of us. Do they charge per person or for just a set fee to get to the airport?? I am not sure if a cab will be big enough for 4 of us plus our luggage.

Thanks

Dan

The taxi will charge per vehicle. For four people plus luggage I would suggest that you use a mini van taxi. There is a sign on the dock with the cost for a taxi to the airport, but I forgot to look at it the last time I was there. Sorry :o Since I drive my own car I don't know what the taxi costs. I would assume something around $50 - $60 plus tip. This is based on it costing me about $44 from the Long Beach Airport to the parking lot at LAX where my car was in August 2004.

Archived