Magic Powder-'delicate' question

missyal

I bought some today and will try it tonight. I did a small test on my leg but only left it on for 5 minutes. Didn't leave my skin very smooth, so I'll leave it on longer for the "real" trial.
Let us know how it goes. I am gonna try mine either Thursday night or Friday morning. :p

I had heard about this on another message board also and after reading these posts thought i might do some research. I havent seen or heard about it here in australia so thought i would try good old ebay.

the only items that came up were Enid blyton books!!!!

Does anyone know of an online site that ships overseas.

I'm using my fiance as a guinea pig, of sorts. I'm going to use it on his beard when I get off here and see how well it works! :D

Well...it worked for him for the most part. I did it for him so I could get the lay of the land. The hardest part was mixing the water and powder to the right consistency. The jar says 2 tbsp. each of powder and water. Nope...too runny.... I dribbled on his chest and he lost a few hairs! :eek: Not many though. He's such a good sport! There's nothing like a man who will be a willing guinea pig for his woman plus let her "shave" his face with a pink tool! He does hold my pink purse for me too! :D

He has really stubborn hair so at 5 minutes I checked it (with my Carefree bladeless razor) and it wasn't budging. Left it on for 7 and it worked like a charm. He did have a few spots of stubborn hair left that we'll redo in 3 days.

That stuff doesn't smell too spiffy though. It was a lot more potent smelling than my Carefree stuff, that's for sure!

Now I know how exactly to go about using it for the bikini area on me. I'll try it when I have a little more hair growth.

I had heard about this on another message board also and after reading these posts thought i might do some research. I havent seen or heard about it here in australia so thought i would try good old ebay.

the only items that came up were Enid blyton books!!!!

Does anyone know of an online site that ships overseas.

I found it on eBay! Not for auction, but in some eBay stores. Here's a link to the search I used.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=magic+powder+shave+&category0=

thanks for that. One shop doesnt sell to australia and the other it is $15usd for postage, may need to look elsewhere, but that was niceof you to check.

thanks

Let me keep looking....we'll get you some Magic Powder somehow!! I checked drugstore.com and they do ship internationally. However, it's about the same price as eBay shipping. Argh!!! I also found it on amazon.com (non UK), but the shipping is still almost $12 USD.

Ok, I tried it! And it worked great! I agree the smell was a little bit heavy at first but you get used to it. I have a little irritation (just some red spots that i am sure will disappear in an hour) but otherwise it is really really smooth! And I didn't have that much growth at all to begin with. It even got off really short hairs. I only used it for 5-6 minutes. It didn't really burn and as suggested, I used a plastic spoon as a spatula. Since it worked well "down there", I then used it on my knees as I always have problems shaving them. Thanks for the tips ladies! ;)

Ok, I tried it! And it worked great! I agree the smell was a little bit heavy at first but you get used to it. I have a little irritation (just some red spots that i am sure will disappear in an hour) but otherwise it is really really smooth! And I didn't have that much growth at all to begin with. It even got off really short hairs. I only used it for 5-6 minutes. It didn't really burn and as suggested, I used a plastic spoon as a spatula. Since it worked well "down there", I then used it on my knees as I always have problems shaving them. Thanks for the tips ladies! ;)

My fiance got some red spots (OK, a lot) too. Almost 24 hours later and they're almost gone. At least they look better than they did yesterday. We didn't do the "allergy test" though. Probably should have.

Just out of curiosity, I just reached over and felt my fiance's face. His is stubbly already. I had planned on hitting the few spots that didn't get 100% hair-free in the 3 days, but the whole area that was baby-butt-soft last night feels like sandpaper now. How disappointing. Oh well...at least it was only a few bucks.

Maybe I'll try my Carefree Hair Remover on his face! :D Used it on my legs and now am at day 5 with very minimal stubble. I can sort of feel it but it's not visible.

Amber, oh my goodness! I was looking at your signature picture and it took me a good 2-3 minutes to figure out your "disclaimer" statement! :D I guess I really DON'T pay attention to what people wear!

Let us know how it goes. I am gonna try mine either Thursday night or Friday morning. :p

Update

I did my legs and bikini area this morning. I was really hoping it would turn out awful because this stuff is a pain in the butt. My bathroom is a mess!:eek: Anyway, I've never had skin this smooth!!! The real test for me will be the re-growth (it had better last a week). I mixed it up thicker so it wouldn't run everywhere, left it on for 7 minutes and used a credit card to scrape. My skin was really red but more from the scraping. It's been about 4 hours and NO red, NO bumps and super smooth.:cool:

Update

I did my legs and bikini area this morning. I was really hoping it would turn out awful because this stuff is a pain in the butt. My bathroom is a mess!:eek: Anyway, I've never had skin this smooth!!! The real test for me will be the re-growth (it had better last a week). I mixed it up thicker so it wouldn't run everywhere, left it on for 7 minutes and used a credit card to scrape. My skin was really red but more from the scraping. It's been about 4 hours and NO red, NO bumps and super smooth.:cool:

Awesome! Same here! And I am so happy with my knees....sounds so silly but they are the smoothest I think they have ever been as I never shave them well enough and miss hairs all the time. I think tonight I might just try the rest of my legs. Why not, right? ;)

I got a Brazillian last year, and YES it was amazing results.. but if this stuff can do a good job, I will consider replacing my choice of hair removal. The wax was pretty embarassing. Especially the "get on all fours" part.

Update

I was hoping the regrowth would be less than 24 hours for my fiance's beard too, considering how inconvenient and messy the powder was. I'm still going to try it on my 'delicate' area and see if maybe the less than impressive regrowth rate was just because my fiance is a hairy guy! :D

Amber, I am cruising the very next week. When you are leaving, I will be getting on!

Missed this earlier...

I will try and keep it clean for you! I will be all sad and depressed at the peak of your excitement! Last year, one of the saddest moments for us was going into our cabin one last time to see it all set up for the next person! Life Jackets on the bed and all. haha

Archived