Magic Powder-'delicate' question

missyal

I bought MP and tried it, but it never made it to my skin. I couldn't get the powder to mix in with the water. I stirred, stirred, and stirred some more to no avail. I threw it away. I might try to find the cream. Waxing is out for me as I'm on Accutane and there is NO waxing while on it. My eyebrows sure have suffered. :(

I bought MP and tried it, but it never made it to my skin. I couldn't get the powder to mix in with the water. I stirred, stirred, and stirred some more to no avail. I threw it away. I might try to find the cream. Waxing is out for me as I'm on Accutane and there is NO waxing while on it. My eyebrows sure have suffered. :(

I had the same problem. I found out that it doesn't take as much water as the can says it does. I had to add more powder to my liquid mess.

I'm not too impressed with MP. I did my bikini line and had stubble a day later. My fiance's beard, the same thing. :( I used Carefree on my legs a week ago and have no visible stubble. I can barely feel it. I think I'll stick with that instead.

I Love This Board.... I Love Majic Powder... I Found Out About This And Love It... Just To Let You Know I Could Not Figure Out The Right Consitency Of The Powder So I Bought The Tube... Works Well In All Areas... Even Underarms....lol... So Now I Am Hair Free... ...lol.

Steph

I wrote a post on this a while back lamenting that it was not sold here in australia. I did check ebay, none listed except for a couple of USA sites with high shipping, Well now there is a listing from an amercian seller for $24 .wonder if they read CC posts?

yippee i just checked my email not two minutes after posting the last post and there was a reply from another site that sells it for $3 USD, plus reasonable postage.

So I will soon be trying out this product, hope it works as well for me as it seems to for you ladies!!

I've been using MP for about 10 years now... it's like 2nd nature, LOL. The cream doesn't work nearly as well as the powder. The key is using it often... the longer I used it, the better my hair "grew in" when it did... I have a "system"... I mix it up (add the powder first, about 1/2 can) then add water while stirring, a little at a time, until it is a paste consistency.... it has to "stay on" and not drip, so oatmeal-like :p I lay a towel on the floor, sit down, and then just slather it on... ALL OVER. I sit there spread eagle for 8 minutes :p Then I jump in the shower and use my loofah to remove everything (yes, I have used expired credit cards, popsicle sticks, spatulas, butter knife, you name it... the bath loofah works best for me) I then put a moisturizer on, followed by cotton panties... by the next morning my girl feels like she has been to the spa :D

Note, pay no attention to the can that boasts "fragrant"... it's not :p They all stink... but it is SO much better than shaving or waxing!!!!

I've been using MP for about 10 years now... it's like 2nd nature, LOL. The cream doesn't work nearly as well as the powder. The key is using it often... the longer I used it, the better my hair "grew in" when it did... I have a "system"... I mix it up (add the powder first, about 1/2 can) then add water while stirring, a little at a time, until it is a paste consistency.... it has to "stay on" and not drip, so oatmeal-like :p I lay a towel on the floor, sit down, and then just slather it on... ALL OVER. I sit there spread eagle for 8 minutes :p Then I jump in the shower and use my loofah to remove everything (yes, I have used expired credit cards, popsicle sticks, spatulas, butter knife, you name it... the bath loofah works best for me) I then put a moisturizer on, followed by cotton panties... by the next morning my girl feels like she has been to the spa :D

Note, pay no attention to the can that boasts "fragrant"... it's not :p They all stink... but it is SO much better than shaving or waxing!!!!

Thanks for the play by play how-to!! :) I was trying to invision how to do this without being covered head to toe in the stuff. Now I just need to find a good time for 10 minutes of privacy.

About how much of the can do you use for a total private hair removal?

How much for your legs?

I'm wondering if you can do all 3 areas at the same time.

Thanks!

Thanks for the play by play how-to!! :) I was trying to invision how to do this without being covered head to toe in the stuff. Now I just need to find a good time for 10 minutes of privacy.

About how much of the can do you use for a total private hair removal?

How much for your legs?

I'm wondering if you can do all 3 areas at the same time.

Thanks!

If I am doing everything from the waist down it usually takes me a whole can. It is great for legs, especially around the ankles, shin bones and knees, where I usually butcher myself with a razor.

I have been using this stuff for over a year and I do the full brazillian. I have never had a problem with burning. I did use Nair once, and that left me with chemical burns on my whoo ha. :eek: (explain that to your SO!!) I leave it on for about 8 or 9 minutes - never a problem. I usually use a credit card followed by a light scrubbing with a loofa to remove the stubborn hair. On a 7 day cruise I might have to touch up on the last day or two with a razor. I mix it to the consistency of pudding, that seems to work best for me. I plop myself on the edge of the tub and start smearing. A mirror helps with the hard to see places.

Yes, it does stink, but the smell does not stay on your body, just in your house! LOL! But I have found that burning a Yankee candle during the process does wonders.

Isn't it amazing the information you can find on a cruise website??? :D

I did use Nair once, and that left me with chemical burns on my whoo ha. :eek: (explain that to your SO!!)

We've heard that it does but we never got to hear the explanation. :D

spatulas, butter knife

You're not using these in the kitchen afterwards are ya?

My question though is about the explanation. After all...If I were used to the "Sherwood Forest" and all of a sudden it was a Nectarine farm I'd be a little shocked.:D

We've heard that it does but we never got to hear the explanation. :D

You're not using these in the kitchen afterwards are ya?

My question though is about the explanation. After all...If I were used to the "Sherwood Forest" and all of a sudden it was a Nectarine farm I'd be a little shocked.:D

Caught ya on the fashion boards again!! Mmmm, nectarines.

Caught ya on the fashion boards again!! Mmmm, nectarines.

Of course. This is important stuff - all part of being a well rounded cruiser LOL.

I had the same problem. I found out that it doesn't take as much water as the can says it does. I had to add more powder to my liquid mess.

I'm not too impressed with MP. I did my bikini line and had stubble a day later. My fiance's beard, the same thing. :( I used Carefree on my legs a week ago and have no visible stubble. I can barely feel it. I think I'll stick with that instead.

What is the Carefree product that you use?

The times I have used the creme products to remove hair in the bikini area, I would put on some old underwear that I could throw away afterward. This helps to keep it from spreading to where you shouldn't be using it anyway. There is no way I'd use it to do a Brazilian as you could be doing yourself a great disservice "down there."

Is there a reason you need to throw your undies away? Can you not just wash them?

What is the Carefree product that you use?

It's called "Carefree Hair Remover". It's made by the same company that makes Carefree pantyliners. It comes in a tube with a sponge-top applicator that is about the size of a stick of deodorant. It is 115% easier and less messy to apply than MP. Here's a link to what the kit looks like. I bought mine at Wal Mart and found it near the home waxing kits and facial cleansers.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp162670_333181_sespider/carefree/totally_smooth_leg_creme_with_blade_free_razor.htm

It's called "Carefree Hair Remover". It's made by the same company that makes Carefree pantyliners. It comes in a tube with a sponge-top applicator that is about the size of a stick of deodorant. It is 115% easier and less messy to apply than MP. Here's a link to what the kit looks like. I bought mine at Wal Mart and found it near the home waxing kits and facial cleansers.

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp162670_333181_sespider/carefree/totally_smooth_leg_creme_with_blade_free_razor.htm

Thanks. I was thinking of trying the Carefree on my legs and the Magic on the bikini area. What do you pros think of doing that?

Thanks. I was thinking of trying the Carefree on my legs and the Magic on the bikini area. What do you pros think of doing that?

I have found nothing that works on my legs... a) my hair is very fine on my legs and b) I would never be able to let it grow long enough!!!!! LOL!!! I prefer shaving my legs and MP down below... you really have to let your hair grow out to use these products, at least slightly beyond stubble, and I just can't do that on my legs :o

I did the MP on my bikini area and wasn't too impressed. It's really messy and I had stubble within a day. I'm going to try it ONE more time when I get some more regrowth and see what happens. Maybe I didn't do it right, or mix the powder 100% right? Might as well use the stuff up! :)

Lucy is right about the regrowth. I have to wear pants in the lab 5 days a week so it doesn't bother me to let a little stubble grow back before using the Carefree. Anyhow, on my legs I've found that the Carefree (and other depilatories I've used) works on very minimal stubble. I call it "slightly visible and definitely touchable". HTH :)

Archived