Magic Powder-'delicate' question

missyal

I keep hearing wonderful things about Magic Powder for the bikini area. My question is-has anyone used it for a full "brazilian"? Is it safe to use in ALL areas? Ladies you know where I mean.:eek: Sorry, I wasn't sure how to pose the question, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever wondered about this.:D

Thanks for any advice.

Missyal

HI there,

It's the same hair-removal ingredient that's in Nair! Have you ever tried Nair or Neet? Some people are really sensitive and it burns the skin a little. For others it's no problem.

I used to use both, but not recently since it's so time consuming :)

hope this helps...

Melissa :)

Okay - after all the great reviews of the Magic Powder, I went to Walgreens today to buy some. But, what I ended up getting was a Magic Creme Shave made by the same company. Basically, it is just like the powder but pre-mixed. Sounded a lot easier and less messy to me. ;)

Anyway, I smeared the cream on, waited 7 minutes and rinsed off in the shower. Worked very well, with no irritation at all. Since this was my first time in the "lower regions" there was a lot to remove, and I need to do a second application tomorrow. I'm expecting it to be 'smooth sailing' after the second app. :cool:

My dh will be very SURPRISED!!

Well, I decided to go for it--gave it a try. Worked beautifully and NO irritation. I used the powder in the blue can. It definately had an odor, but I think the smell of Nair is worse(JMHO). I think the gold can has "fragrance" to it. The mixing was easy and I followed the directions to the letter. Missed a few spots, but I will fix that. For anyone who was interested, I used a plastic spoon to mix and as the spatula they recommend. I used a disposable plastic bowl. Perfect!:D

Missyal

Missyal, Benolathe,

Thanks for the product report.

How long do you have to keep it on before showering it off?

I may give it a try now.

Jane

With the pre-mixed creme, the instructions state to leave it on 6 to 9 minutes. I rinsed after 7 min and there is just a little bit of hair in places. Instructions state to wait at least 24 hours between applications - so I'll do a second app tomorrow, and am expecting all the rest of the hair to be removed.

If you use the powder, the recommended times may be different. Just read the container for the proper range. Then you will have to determine if you want to rinse at the least amount of time, or wait a little longer.

Where do you buy it? I have used nair before but I hate the smell. Is this stuff like Nair? I was thinking of getting a wax before the cruise, but I might be pregnant by then and I have heard it hurts even worse when pregnant.

Where do you buy it? I have used nair before but I hate the smell. Is this stuff like Nair? I was thinking of getting a wax before the cruise, but I might be pregnant by then and I have heard it hurts even worse when pregnant.

Emily chemicals are absorbed through the skin and may affect the baby especially in the first trimester( 1st 3 months). Might be a good idea to stay away from these products.:o

Jane110--The instructions for the powder formula say to scrape it off with a spatula and NOT to wash off with soap. I used a plastic spoon and it worked quite nicely. I left the mix on for 7 minutes. After the "scraping" I did a thorough rinse in the shower before I used soap. No irritation at all.

EmilyAnn86--I like the power of your positive thinking;) . Good luck. I bought the Magic Powder at CVS but I know alot of pharmacies carry it.

Missyal

I had a bikini wax while pregnant and it didn't seem any worse than any of the other waxes I've had. The only thing is that you can't take iburprofen, which some people like to do before waxing. I definitely wouldn't use Nair while pregnant.

I buy Magic Powder at Walmart. It's marketed as a facial depilitory for African American men, so you'll find it with the other shaving products. NOT (at my Walmart at least) with the neet & Nair & waxing products for women.

It's cheap, mostly effective, but I prefer waxing. Working on laser but I have to find a new place to go--last place I went (which I liked) is just too far away....

I've used the Magic creme for a couple of years now in the bikini area. Last week I took it one step further and applied it to my lower legs to see how it would work. There has not been any hair growth in almost a week. I may continue to use that versus the waxing/shaving even for the legs.

I used the Magic "Smooth" for the bald head look for the men. I've found the Magic products in our local grocery store near the shampoos in the ethnic hair section, as well as our Dollar Store. It only costs about $3.00 for a tube and it lasts quite a while.

Cathy

The times I have used the creme products to remove hair in the bikini area, I would put on some old underwear that I could throw away afterward. This helps to keep it from spreading to where you shouldn't be using it anyway. There is no way I'd use it to do a Brazilian as you could be doing yourself a great disservice "down there."

Timsbabe--If you mix the powder to the right consistency, then it stays where you put it. If it is too thin, it's runny. I don't know how thick the ready-made cream in a tube is.

Jolie--I like your idea about the old undies. Clever!:)

Missyal

Of course you can use it like that, ive been using it for 11 years now

and I dont have anything wrong with me , the hair comes back if you dont like it also it says to scrape off the hair and the powder when its done but the best thing is hop in the shower with very very tepid water and it comes off nicely, DONT use hot water it will give you a rash later on and best not to do this before the beach or pool do it at night and wear loose pj's and you wont have any trouble.

Forgot to add that if you dont want the paste somewhere special put vaseline there it will repel it enough .

Front AND back? I'd feel weird putting stuff in between areas... if it's safe, though, I'm SO going to Walgreens (Walgreens, right?) on Sunday and trying this stuff out!

So rinse it off in the shower, and exfoliate daily? Or what after care should I do?

Seriously...It's the same as Nair (same hair-removal ingredient). Have you ever tried Nair? If so, you know exactly what it feels like, and if it works well for you.

All depilitories work (more or less), but some people have some stubble left, or some skin irritation, etc.

It works for me, but not better than my electric shaver, and it just takes me so darn long that I stopped using it :)

Melissa :)

Archived