Magic Powder-'delicate' question

missyal

Well, I tried both the MP cream and the Carefree one. Sorry, I didn't care for the Carefree product at all. It didn't remove all of the hair on my legs.

The MP removed all of the hair on my bikini area. However, the down side is it begins to grow back in a day or so. I really liked it and will use it again, but I will still do a bikini wax at times. I've used it twice now. The last time I used it 'everywhere' and had good results. I will just stick with shaving my legs.

After reading the posts here I decided to try this for the bikini/brazillian area(I used the cream not the powder) It didn't burn or sting at all and I was really impressed! Unfortunately, I then decided to try it under the arms too (I usually wax & was due, so I figured i'd try this instead) All I can say is OWIE! it burned from the start but i tried to stay strong for at least 5 minutes- all the hair did come off but what pain!!!!!! Makes waxing seem comfy!

I have used Magic for yrs after reading about it on the Fashion Board here on CC. Isnt it weird how it removes hair so gently from the bikini area but burns other areas? I have used it on my bikini area with excellent results, legs good results, burned underarms. I also have to wear gloves when applying it as it burns my fingertips, actually makes little raw spots.

So those of you with more stubborn hair down there...seems like MP did the trick, but only for a day or two. So how long does waxing keep things like a baby's behind before stubble begins for you ladies with more stubborn hair?

YumYum.....Magic seems to keep regrowth a lot lighter than with shaving or other hair removal products that I have tried. Regrowth has also slowed. I am not sure why but it does work for me.

So how long does waxing keep things like a baby's behind before stubble begins for you ladies with more stubborn hair?

Approx 2 weeks for me. I have quick hair growth. I've been waxing my bikini line for approx. 15 years but stopped this year to start laser treatments.

This sounds like something i would like to try!! But I am going to wait until my doctors visit and my boys go to college!! They hate the smell of Nair or Neet!! And I agree with them. So I will be trying it after Sept. 19th. thats when my ds goes to Ohio State!!

• 2 weeks later...

LUCY!!!

You didn't tell me about this MP party thread, or I would have joined long ago!! :D :D

A friend of mine on another cruise board was telling me about the "Betty" products. Does anyone know about those? I think they sound like a hoot and I wanna try them!

I think the pink "Fun Betty" sounds perfect!

Wonder what my DH would say? :eek:

http://www.bettybeauty.com/

Just a warning from one who knows. Please do the allergy test even if you have before. I had done the allergy test years ago and then all of a sudden used Nair this spring and had an EXTREME allergic reaction. I looked like I had chicken pox BAD and was so sore I could not wear anything on my legs. I was in so much pain.

Please do the test even tho it isn't convenient.

Hi again,

Sure you can use Nair "down under" :), but with any depilitory, they recommend test patches. Some people are very sensitive, and would be even MORE sensitive in this area.

It's fine for me, unless I leave it on too long, in which case, the skin gets a tad irritated, but is fine the next day. Even still, it's nothing compared to razor burn!

good luck with it,

melissa :)

well I have used all those things for the face and get a horriable rash,so I wont be trying any of that down there...

but we were laughing the other day talking about brazilians not sure if I could ever go thru that,I am too nervouse to get a bikini wax rather shave:eek:

So those of you with more stubborn hair down there...seems like MP did the trick, but only for a day or two. So how long does waxing keep things like a baby's behind before stubble begins for you ladies with more stubborn hair?

I've never used MP and don't intend on trying it. I prefer waxing "down there" and yes, I do get a full brazilian. My waxing lasts about 3-4 weeks before I start getting "stubbley". I can go 6 weeks between waxing. My hair used to be very thick & stubborn but the more I wax, the thinner it becomes.

Ok, y'all. I finally used it! I did it around 4 am on Sunday morning and started to get stubbly around Thurs, but not enough to worry about it. I was AMAZED how easy the hair came off. I figured I would have a bunch of missed spots, but NOPE. It just comes right off. I did EVERYTHING (brazillian style).

The brazillian wax I got last year was better and lasted longer, but this was a lot cheaper and a lot less embarassing. The only real drawback to the brazillian wax (once you get past the embarassing part) is you have to be careful because I got one rather painful ingrown hair and of course the pain. The pain isn't too bad, though. You are more concerned with them just finishing so you can put your panties back on.

For a real brazilian ALL of the hair in the pubic area is removed.

Do you really use a depillatory inside your labia like that?

I would think it would burn so badly!!!!!

My brazilian waxes last aout 3-4 weeks before any regrowth -- then its just a few stray hairs that can be easily plucked for another week or so --- I love it -- its the best!

For a real brazilian ALL of the hair in the pubic area is removed.

Do you really use a depillatory inside your labia like that?

I would think it would burn so badly!!!!!

My brazilian waxes last aout 3-4 weeks before any regrowth -- then its just a few stray hairs that can be easily plucked for another week or so --- I love it -- its the best!

I've been using it for probably 10 years... never had it burn, and never had a problem. After years and years of use, it doesn't grow back nearly as quick, and it is never "stubble" or rough...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived