call within 2wks of trip to get passport..JOKE

Hey, a friend of mine is sched. to leave this FRIDAY for her cruise and land tour. They need their passports bc they are flying into Vancouver BC. The deal w/ the passport place about calling in 2 wks bf your trip is a joke, they have done nothing but give her a hard time..any suggestions on what they can do. She was told by RCCL that they do need their passports if they are flying into Canada and a birth certi. would not work, only if you are 'sailing' in is when you can use a birth.cert. PLEASE Help. Any advice, or suggestions????????

Hey, a friend of mine is sched. to leave this FRIDAY for her cruise and land tour. They need their passports bc they are flying into Vancouver BC. The deal w/ the passport place about calling in 2 wks bf your trip is a joke, they have done nothing but give her a hard time..any suggestions on what they can do. She was told by RCCL that they do need their passports if they are flying into Canada and a birth certi. would not work, only if you are 'sailing' in is when you can use a birth.cert. PLEASE Help. Any advice, or suggestions????????

Did she pay for an expeditor to get her passport faster? If I needed one that soon, I would have been calling twice a day pushing.

She may have to fly to Seattle and drive or take that train to Vancouver as lots do if she cant get on the plane, she has no choice. I think she is still allowed to drive over the border or take the train between Seattle and Vancouver with just her birth certificate.

We are leaving in less than 2 weeks.. my boys have not received their passports... I have made several calls...each time the agents were very nice and sympathic,.. they can only send a email to expedite service to the actual office that is processing the passports every 72 hours I was told...and have told me to keep calling every 72 hours...

Also i read a thread on CC to contact your State congressman... which I also called there yesterday... so I am hoping it all comes thru as we are flying to Mexico.. so have no choice but to have them

My sons passports applications were sent in 12 weeks ago...

She has called the state officials regarding her passport, they are to call her on Mon. But still this is very frustrating for her and me. My bf needs his passport too, but I guess since we are not flying in to Canada that he could use his bc, hope that is true if his does not come in.

Now I'm getting nervous. We applied in Mid-March for June 24th cruise.

Check received back by bank on 4/23/07.

Official site still listing no application found for dh & myself.

When should I start hounding them? 2 weeks before doesn't sound like enough time.

When should I start hounding them? 2 weeks before doesn't sound like enough time.

I would be calling them already. If your name does not appear online, that doesnt mean anything except that someone else may have the same last name and birthday. Thats what they told me when we were trying to get my sister's. Id call monday and say that your name isnt showing online, so you just wanted to check the progress.

Keep calling! Ask for a manager! Every agent tells you something different. I applied February and called when we were about 2 weeks from leaving and paid to have mine rushed. Called back a week later and was told that was impossible that you can not pay by phone to have it rushed and that I either called the wrong # or I was scammed. I was then told my passport was on step 3 of 7 and I would have to drive 8 hours to a agency if I wanted my passport in five days. Asked for a manager only because of the credit card mix up and turned out I had spoken to a rep from a agency that can accept credit cards. Manager sent an email to the agency and my passport was printed that day and in my hands less than 48 hours from my phone call. I was very polite and all but one agent was more than willing to help. Just keep trying!

How far do you live from a agency? That is the only guarantee I was told was to make an appointment.

Good luck!

Was your check cashed? Find out.

Your check goes into a 'clearing house' so to speak, THEN your application goes to the US Passport Center. The 'expediating' process doesn't start until then.

This is whan you should contact the center.

If you check online to see the progress, it won't even 'show' until 2 weeks from trvael date.

Hope this info helps...

She has called the state officials regarding her passport, they are to call her on Mon. But still this is very frustrating for her and me. My bf needs his passport too, but I guess since we are not flying in to Canada that he could use his bc, hope that is true if his does not come in.

I know FOR SURE that as Canadians we can drive across the border into the US and be re-admitted to Canada with only birth certificates and drivers' licenses. To fly to the US we absolutely MUST have a passport. It is most likely the same for you. Try looking for confirmation at this link, which is the Canadian Border Services Agency. Remember to check with the US side as well; getting BACK IN is also important:) .

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

BTW, for mitaxi - that Mexican thing is a bummer. Presently Canadians can enter Mexico without a passport. If we go by air though it must be on a direct flight that has no stop overs in the US.

Happy Sails,

Annette

My Wife and I applied for our passport on March 1st. Yesterday May 12th we received both of them in the mail.

Good Luck.

I called my state rep's office on Friday and she told me that she has a desk full of requests and to call her on the morning of 14 days from our trip and she will call them and get it expedited. She said they won't even accept her calls unless the person she is calling for has a trip 2 weeks out. I personally think that 2 weeks is cutting it too close. I wonder if they are doing passports according to when a trip is or the date of application. We applied Feb. 22nd and all the website says is that it is being processed; it has said that for a month now. I hate the thought of waiting until 2 weeks out to call back, but don't know what choice i have. I am trying SO hard not to panic but this is going to drive me crazy!! :(

Did she pay for an expeditor to get her passport faster? If I needed one that soon, I would have been calling twice a day pushing.

She may have to fly to Seattle and drive or take that train to Vancouver as lots do if she cant get on the plane, she has no choice. I think she is still allowed to drive over the border or take the train between Seattle and Vancouver with just her birth certificate.

:( You need a passport even if you walk across now.;)

I called my state rep's office on Friday and she told me that she has a desk full of requests and to call her on the morning of 14 days from our trip and she will call them and get it expedited. She said they won't even accept her calls unless the person she is calling for has a trip 2 weeks out. I personally think that 2 weeks is cutting it too close. I wonder if they are doing passports according to when a trip is or the date of application. We applied Feb. 22nd and all the website says is that it is being processed; it has said that for a month now. I hate the thought of waiting until 2 weeks out to call back, but don't know what choice i have. I am trying SO hard not to panic but this is going to drive me crazy!! :(

I am pretty sure they are processing them based on date of travel in addition to when you submit yours for processing. Doing it 12 weeks before your trip is cutting it way close now days. If you do not have it, I would keep calling them every other day up to 14 days and then possibly every day up until 7. At 7 days, you might consider visiting a Passport office; with an appointment of course, to see if you are able to get it prioritized.

A call to your US Representative or Senator might not be a bad idea either.

We planned way ahead and have our kids passports being processed for their September trip.

:( You need a passport even if you walk across now.;)

Only need a photo id and a birth certificate to cross the border on land. A passport is not required for land visits until possibly 2008 and even that they are trying to push till 2009.

Oops, just realized that MNCruiser 21 already addressed this. Sorry stopped to get a drink before I posted.;)

Sandie

I work for one of the online cruise booking agencies that books in excess of $300m anually. I have had dozens of clients with these issues. I agree with an earlier post, if your flight arrangements can be changed without penalty, I'd change to Seattle and get ground or ferry transportation to Vancouver. You won't be required to have the passport unless you're flying out of the country.

Most of the cruiselines recommend a passpot/visa service that's an online one called zvs.com Zaire Visa Service. Our company uses samspassport.com I've had them pull off a few miracles for me with lost/expired passports and little time left. If you've already applied with another service I'm not sure they'd be able to help. It's worth a call though, their phone # is 877-784-5501 tool free from U.S. or Canada.

Good luck, Hope all works out.

Cheers, Neil

No offence, TravlPro, but I personally would not recommend to anyone to give their passport info to anyone but the actual passport office. I know it might work different in the US but here in Canada if you go in person to your closest passport office than you will obtain your passport much quicker.

The closest passport office to me is 5 hours away but I made the drive and recieved my passport in less than 2 weeks.

Good luck OP and I hope it all works out for you.

Sandie

I am pretty sure they are processing them based on date of travel in addition to when you submit yours for processing. Doing it 12 weeks before your trip is cutting it way close now days. If you do not have it, I would keep calling them every other day up to 14 days and then possibly every day up until 7. At 7 days, you might consider visiting a Passport office; with an appointment of course, to see if you are able to get it prioritized.

A call to your US Representative or Senator might not be a bad idea either.

We planned way ahead and have our kids passports being processed for their September trip.

The lady at the post office told me it would take 6 weeks so i thought there would be no problems. I didn't even know you could expedite so i didn't do that either. So you are saying that i should skip my state rep and call my US Senator or Representative? I am getting so nervous! :(

my son's friend, sailing with us in a few weeks, applied in mid Feb and still has not received it-I am getting very nervous about it. Of course being 18, he does not seem the least bit worried.

Archived