Journey Aft Balcony Cabin Question

vmarq

I want to say how sorry I am for those of you on the Journey last week. Even though your money was refunded, that does not give the staff the right to be rude and condescending. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

My question is for anyone that may have stayed in one of the aft verandah cabins. I believe they are classified as Sunset Verandah? How large is the balcony and is it covered? Was there any soot from the smokestack? I would appreciate any information. Thank you.

Aft SVs are covered and I have not heard of anyone complaining about soot. The balcony is 57 sq. ft. Cabin size is the same as 1/2A balcony categories. The only difference between 1/2As and the SV is location and balcony size. If you want pictures check out any taken of Tahitian/Pacific Princess ships or Oceania. They are the same ships. Happy Sailing!

What you need to determine is how you feel about being surrounded by sheet metal when you book one of the SV's... or the aft facing suites.

Try finding an aft view of one of the Oceania ships... or.. I think someone posted an aft view of Journey somewhere in the forum.

To use a Cunard term, the aft facing balconies are "in-hull".

I don't know about the aft balcony, but in response to the statement about rude staff behavior, I found no such instance. The personel I spoke with were all pleasant and understanding. Some even apologized for conditions. I will grant you that some of the Guest Relations desk people were somewhat standoffish by the end of the cruise, but they were being beat up daily due to problems they probably had no control over.

If you want to get a general idea of what the Journey and Quest looks like you can go to http://www.virtualtoursusa.com Click on gallery, then cruise ships. Choose Pacific Princess (previously a Ren ship, same configuration as Journey and Quest). Then click on balcony BB category. You will get a virtual window that will show you the cabin and balcony size. The decor will be different as Quest or Journey, but it's the same cabin. Happy Sailing!

Great photo of the SV balcony but does anyone have a similar pic of the 1A or 2A balcony to compare with?

thanks

Liz

They don't have the Journey listed yet but you can check the Insignia (sister ship) just click on A or B cabins

http://www.cruiseaway.com.au/cruiselines/oceania_cruises/ships/insignia/deck_plans.html

So the journey should be the same or close

6090 and 6093 SV are two of the most requested cabins on the ship because of the size of the balconies..not soot and lots of room!~! Same view as the Royal Suites..

Jan

I think I have seen those photos before, but thank you for posting them in this thread.

What's with that dinky table? I hope it has been replaced (on Oceania) and that Azamara will provide a table large enough for dining.

And those chairs don't look at all comfortable, either. No padding, no way to lean back and relax.

I think I have seen those photos before, but thank you for posting them in this thread.

Someone from Oceania forum posted them there.

since no one has posted any from AZA yet they may still be similiar

It give people an idea of what to expect size wise

We've been in 6090 (aft balcony) on the Tahitian Princess twice. The balcony IS larger than those on the side--no wider, but deeper. They are only partially covered since the stearn slopes, with the topside not being as long as the lower decks.

There was a bit of soot, but not as much as some people on the Princess CC boards would have you believe.

We still love our aft balconies, and have again booked 6090 on the Royal Princess for July, as well as the Azamara Journey for October.

Charlotte

Archived