So, I am dreaming of packing now

Happy ks

Yesterday, DH and I spent most of the day pulling clothes out for the 4 of us to pack (we leave Friday) I haven't started the packing yet, but had dreams about it all night long. I wasn't packing familiar bags, or packing for us, or packing for the cruise. Just packing. Do you think I'm stressing too much?

LOL I do the same thing!!! I remember before my trip to Cancun last year, I dreamt that I brough sweaters and jeans and forgot all my toiletries, my camera and everything and a dolphin came up to our beach and talked to us and I couldnt take a picture of it!! It was a horrid dream :)

I diagnose you as normal, but coming from me, that may not mean much!

Same here - I love both the planning and the actual packing. I still have 4 months to go and I've mentally packed 5 times already:D . Started shopping for the "perfect" formal gown (actually - there will definitely be 2 of those). As for the whole topic on over packing, my philosophy is to keep adding stuff until the suitcase is full. While I may not necessarily wear everything, I love having a choice each day and not be limited by what I packed. And don't even start on the shoe topic. One suitcase just for those!:eek:

:) Hi.........well, I leave in 4 weeks.......and the bed in the spare bedroom has lots of clothes on it;) .......

I had purchased some new items......so now, I am going to have to take a deep breath and figure out what is going with me and what is staying home:eek: .........I am NOT an overpacker...(no flames please:D ). I know there are lots of gals who love to bring lots and lots of choices....I am not one of them.

I think this weekend I will be going over everything....I know my 2 formal outfits and my informal one too.......(was told HAL now has 4 casual nights and only 1 informal). But I want my casual things to look nice too. And I have 2 of my casual...so...I have to 2 left to decide about.

I do bring one extra outfit...and that is just a nice pair of black slacks and a pretty top..just "in case" and they don't take up a lot of space.

Anyway.......I usually start packing about 4 or 5 days ahead...so that is about Monday or Tues....as I am flying to FLL on Sat 9-10.

Kathy, have a wonderful cruise...and wonderful dreams:D

I cannot believe how much we're taking! I have tried every way to cut back on the clothing, but we still have a mountain of bags. Packing for Alaska sure is different than packing for a warm weather cruise. We only have one lightweight jacket each, we're sending some items to the laundry to be able to wear more than once. I'm only taking 1 pair of sweat pants and one pair of jeans. I think the daytime clothes aren't the problem, it's the dinner clothing! Even there, I'm taking 2 pair of black pants and tops to match, one gown and one short dress. DH has his suit, sport coat and 2 other pair of pants, plus shirts, one to be laundered and worn again. Pretty much the same for the kids.

So, we now have 3 large suitcases, 2 garment bags, 3 carry ons and a camera bag. Is this too much for 4 people? My kids aren't small, the son is taller than dad, DD is my height already. Where can I cut back?

Lois - I'd never flame you for not being an overpacker! We're all different, that's what makes this board fun. Whatever you bring, I'm sure you'll look as great as always.

joelmarj - I'm so glad I'm not the only one. If I could hire myself out as a professional packer, I'd have my dream job.

Happyks - While I love packing, I can't imagine having to pack for more than two people with amount of stuff that I bring! We usually have a large suitcase, a medium suitcase, a garment bag and we each have a carry-on. This is just for me and DH. I'd rather have stuff I don't need than need stuff I don't have. Unless things have changed recently, airlines will allow two checked bags and one carry-on per passenger.

lszu:) ...I know you wouldn't flame me...I sort of said that tonge in cheek;)

Did you see the TSV today? THE ANNIVERSARY OF TSV'S....they are giving us 5 choices...WOW:D

Whew, time for a shower and to get those last minute items picked up. I ended up eliminating 3 articles of clothing for each person. It doesn't sound like a lot, but x 4 that is 12 articles of clothing. We will not have as much variety, but we will all have to make do. I'll bet the fashion police won't even notice.

3 - 28 inch bags, 2 garment bags, 2 small carry ons and a camera case. I also managed to keep the bags at around 40lbs. each. Maybe next time I could go to work and DH can do the packing (not).

I leave in less than 48 hours now! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Lois - I know you're being good with your Q card, but did you get any of the TSVs today? I got a black Quacker top for me and two more as Christmas gifts - one black, one turquoise. This is the earliest Christmas shopping I've ever done!

lszu...nope, I didn't get anything today. The last thing I purchased was 2 months ago...its a sterling silver and sapphire ring......it was on easy pay ~ 5 EASY PAYMENTS:D ....and it was a real special...no shipping or handling on it...I put it on my debit card;) ....it is 10.97 month LOL

you girls are awesome! i used to think i had a problem. i always dream about packing. it could be a year away and i start dreaming about it. i start buying clothes about 6 months away. have everything spread out on the bed to match things together. just talking about it i am getting excited. :D

have fun packing and remember we will be there soon too.

Archived