Bringing bottled water/pop aboard

Dave&Robin

Does anyone know what the policy is for bringing your own bottled water/pop aboard with you.

We were on the Grand Princess in the fall and quite a few people brought there own cases of water aboard or favorite brands of pop. I was wondering if this was allowed on the Constellation?

Thanks for your help.

Robin :)

I've taken a couple of bottles of water aboard without any problem. I don't think there is any problem with bringing sodas on board either. The only policy I am aware of applies to alcoholic beverages.

Susan

Hi,

We've been sailing with Celebrity for 10 years and have never had a problem bringing such beverages aboard.

You can also buy the soft drink card, which alleviates the need to find soda in ports of call and then haul them aboard.

Occasionally we will get a few cans or bottles of soda and store them in the stateroom refrigerator so that while enjoying our balcony/veranda we don't need to go in search of a soda.

Enjoy your Celebrity sailing. If you'd like some pictures of Constellation I can give you a link to my Webshots pages/albums?

CM

We recently returned from 9 days on Century. We brought on several filled water bottles in our checked luggage. No problem, no questions.

BTW, I'm writing an episodic review where I'm trying to answer all the questions we wondered about before our first Celebrity cruise. The review begins at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=546008

We also brought wine and pre-mixed drinks in water bottles. No problems.

I dont think pop is allowed...but soda.... :) Sorry, I had to!

I went to school in upstate NY and it was called pop up there too - the first few times I didnt know what the grocery store was talking about...how ignorant I was then!

I dont think pop is allowed...but soda.... :) Sorry, I had to!

I went to school in upstate NY and it was called pop up there too - the first few times I didnt know what the grocery store was talking about...how ignorant I was then!

Too funny.....I had forgotten we had this same debate on our cruise in November out of Galveston *L.

When I hear 'soda' I think 'soda water' which I'd only use as mix or to take the red wine stains out of the table cloth

Robin

Just so you know, Celebrity DOES have a policy against bringing any nonalcoholic beverages onboard.

Here is a link to a recent thread about it: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=526050

I don't know how well this policy is enforced or even if it ever is, but just be aware that it is in place.

Celeste

How many bottles of wine?

You can bring all the wine on board you want, I do it on every Celebrity Cruise. Just say you are taking it to your table (cabin stewart or butler arranges that) if anyone should ask which has never been the case with us. Just be prepared for the new $25.00 corkage fee they raised from $15.00 last year. By the way, bring a cork screw to enjoy it in the room...Dan

You will have no problem bringing soda or water aboard (we do it all the time). As to wine, the policy seems to change with the wind so who knows...although the $25 corkage fee makes no sense if the policy is no wine can be brought aboard. I would also wonder about the water thing since the tap water on cruise ships meets higher purity standards than any water found in a bottle (I know many think they must drink water from a bottle). In fact, most cruise lines purify their drinking water using a reverse osmosis system that makes nearly perfect water...but we will not get into the water debate. Those that pay more for their water than the cost of gasoline continue to baffle me, but I sure have no problem buying stock in Nestle and the other companies who make a fortune selling water.

Hank

I would also wonder about the water thing since the tap water on cruise ships meets higher purity standards than any water found in a bottle (I know many think they must drink water from a bottle). In fact, most cruise lines purify their drinking water using a reverse osmosis system that makes nearly perfect water...but we will not get into the water debate. Hank

On our recent BTB 9-day cruise on Century, there were two occasions when the water from the tap was visibly brown!:mad: You can't convince me that I should have drunk it under the assurance that it was reverse-osmosis purified, despite it's color! Now, both times this occurred, we were docked in port, so I suppose there could have been some change over taking place. But it did give me pause and shake my confidence that all the water on the ship was pure and ideal for drinking!

We live in Europe and there is almost no possibility of obtaining root-beer here (especially diet root-beer). On our transatlantic leaving from FLL in March, I brought aboard 24 cans of diet root-beer to take home with me as well as 12 cans of diet orange soda. There was no problem bringing them on with me and I am now rationing them until our next trip to the U.S. in September.:D

I've had no trouble bringing on board water and soda. If they start stocking the brand of soda and water I like on Celebrity then I would likely stop bringing it on board.

For the past 5 or 6 Celebrity Cruises I have purchased bottled water and soda and placed into 2 duffle bags that I check at the pier for our cabin.

I have never once had a problem. We just returned from Trans-Alantic Puerto Rico to Rome and I purchased 6 -6 packs of water and 2 6 packs of soda and put them in empty duffles that we packed with our stuff from home.

There is never a problem. I just try and not overload the bags because they get real heavy. When the water is delivered to our cabin I always keep 2 or 3 bottles in the fridge.

In fact if you read X's regs. you are even allowed to bring 2 bottles of wire per person on board at the first port on embarkation.

I do the bottled water thing because I do not like the taste of the ships water.

DH needs sugar-free and caffeine-free beverages and there's never a regular supply of caffeine-free diet Coke onboard. The no caffeine thing even limits being able to have a quick iced tea (always have to brew his decaf tea and then ice it down). It's a pain. And all the free drinks in the buffet have sugar. So, we always haul on a sizeable stash of soda when we board. Not a problem.

Archived