Amadeus Food

Collier

Hi everyone,

After reading this thread I decided to contact my booking agent regarding the food/service as six of us will be on the Amsterdam-Budapest tour starting 6/17/07. This will be our first rivercruise.

He contacted Amadeus and because the trip ending May 20th was the first Magnificent trip, the questioniers were not yet back. However, he said the same ship/same chef/same staff were on the Tulip Time tour. Amadeus said the ratings were as follows: Out of 135 returned, 66 rated "exceeded expectation", 63 rated "met expectations" and 6 rated "needs improvement".

I believe with the firing of the chef that is a good thing and Amadeus has acknowledged a problem and did something about it Unfortunately, for the people on the trip ending 5/20, they probably took the brunt of it. Like any job, the person in charge filters down their attitude to the staff and that may have been why the staff were not extending.

Hopefully, with a new chef, the food and service will improve. We are all looking forward to the trip for the beauty of the countries and culture of the people. As long as I have a clean cabin and edible food, I'm a happy camper. And the small portions will work out find for my thighs too!

Anyone else on the 6/17/07 trip?

Chesie]

Hi Chesie,

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise. The scenery is second to none (I took over 7,000 photographs). The guides are great and the local food in the cities you will visit are very tasty.

Have a great time.

Buck

Chesie, Thanks for following up the food issue. As myself and 5 other aussies are on the cruise we were all getting a bit anxious about the reports I have asked our travel agent the same question but as yet no reply.

Have a great cruise. See you and your group on board.

JMAUST

There are hairdryers in the room. We were also able to re-charge our camera batteries, without needing an adaptor.

I have a suggestion!

The best meal ever was at the Sacher hotel in Vienna.We had lunch in the cafe & it was so good.

My husband & i split the "weiner schnitzel"( it's huge), which came with buttery potatoes & a wonderful salad. Dessert was apple strudel & sacher torte.

The service & presentation is elegant & proffesional.

We also ate sausages & saurkraut wherever we could--wonderful!

Another great place to eat is in Cologne, just beside the cathedral. A huge place called "Fruh". There are red patio umbrellas outside.Good schnitzel & saurkraut there too.(And of course beer.)

Let me also say: about the food on the ship. The salads & soups were always very good.

It was the main courses & deserts that were so-so.

The grain breads & special herbed butter--amazing.

So really-you will not leave the table hungry.

I am sure the new chef will be much better than the one we had.

The rooms are very comfortable & the showers are a treat--jets & sprays coming from all directions.

Have fun.

Eileen,

You brought back memories mentioning Fruh. We enjoyed our meal there when in Cologne. We were with locals and that's where they took us for a late lunch. Yum!

It's great to know that I don't need to pack a hair dryer and that I can charge batteries on the ship. We still need adaptors, right?

Archived