Hallway Cameras on Liberty

Got home from our Diamond Plus Pre Inaugural on Liberty today. The ship is beautiful. Thanks RCI for the invite.

Anyone else notice the abundance of closed circuit cameras in the hallways? I'm used to these in various parts of the ship, but Liberty has cameras every X number of feet in the stateroom corridors, which I do not recall seeing on other ships.

I guess it's not surprise, given all of the recent issues...

Got home from our Diamond Plus Pre Inaugural on Liberty today. The ship is beautiful. Thanks RCI for the invite.

Anyone else notice the abundance of closed circuit cameras in the hallways? I'm used to these in various parts of the ship, but Liberty has cameras every X number of feet in the stateroom corridors, which I do not recall seeing on other ships.

I guess it's not surprise, given all of the recent issues...

Patrick, Radiance is in the process of installing closed circuit cameras now. On our PC cruise last month we were told that they were going to be installed fleet wide. There is definitely no where to hide now.

Patrick, Radiance is in the process of installing closed circuit cameras now. On our PC cruise last month we were told that they were going to be installed fleet wide. There is definitely no where to hide now.

You mean the only place for hanky panky is the balcony now? No more quickies in the hallways. :eek: :D :eek:

I don't mind this at all. I was on a cruise where people were parting all night in the hallways and when we had to complain about them, the ship staff came knocking on our door about the noise. The people partying in the hall kept telling the staff we were the one's making the noise. This went on all week. I don't know if they will use the CCTV for something like that but it could help with anything as far as burglary or any other kind of cabin break in. If everyone was cool there wouldn't be a need for these cameras but I guess that's not going to happen any time soon. Until then, I'll accept the cameras, watch what I do in the halls and hope I never need them.

I noticed a camera on the aft superstructure just at the level of the Presidential Suite. I will imagine all the balconies will be able to be viewed on camera eventually with the Star Princess fire.

And no, I do not have an expectation of privacy on my balcony.

Doesn't surprise me..............if anything it surprises me it took this long to install camera's fleetwide.......

Gordon glad you are back.........wish I could have worked it out.......you'll have to tell me about it sometime.

You mean the only place for hanky panky is the balcony now? No more quickies in the hallways. :eek: :D :eek:

You have to be careful there too. Our last cabin had a camera right next to it (were were on deck 10, third from the back of the ship so there was an overhang from the windjammer with a camera attached). And after that last episode where the couple fell overboard off the balcony... they probably just put cameras on everybody balcony now (or will soon). :eek:

Ah, don't worry about the balcony cameras...give the security guys a good show. Maybe they can install speakers too so security can ask you to move to provide them a better viewing angle!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, don't worry about the balcony cameras...give the security guys a good show. Maybe they can install speakers too so security can ask you to move to provide them a better viewing angle!!!!!!!!!!!

That was BAD, roadnut! ;)

They were paying particular attention to the Lattitudes, the Schooner Bar and Colony Club during Trivia times!!!;)

Oh, and I believe they mentioned one was going into the CL!!! Now, that should make for some very interesting viewing!:p

I wish they had one in the AO and a system where parents of the kids in there could unlock a channel on the tv to view it. I have always loved observing my DD when she does not know I am watching. She plays with her friends differently when I am not around. I also love seeing her imagination at work.

I wish they had one in the AO and a system where parents of the kids in there could unlock a channel on the tv to view it. I have always loved observing my DD when she does not know I am watching. She plays with her friends differently when I am not around. I also love seeing her imagination at work.

That's a wonderful idea from so many aspects!

You could also check on your daughter to make sure she's having a good time without having to physically go down there and interrupt the flow of what they're doing, plus, you can watch the interaction of the AO personnel with all the children.

You should suggest this to one of the RCI higher-ups, flagger! I love this idea.

Wonder how many of the cabin towels will be used to drape over the lens of the cameras, or are they positioned in such a way that pax can't get to them?

WE also noticed the hallway cameras...............they are round and are mounted on the celings,so no coverimg them..NOT that we tried..trust me....:p

Patrick...........I didnt know you were onboard this week too...

WE also noticed the hallway cameras...............they are round and are mounted on the celings,so no coverimg them..NOT that we tried..trust me....:p

Well now, I guess "what was done on Liberty.........really won't stay on Liberty"..........if one knows the right person!! LOL:D;):D

I'm practicing for Brilliance in 2 weeks. :D

I'm practicing for Brilliance in 2 weeks. :D

Practicing what? Dodging cameras???

hee hee hee...just saw your name and popped in to say "hi". It's been a crazy year, but don't think I've forgotten you all! Heading out on Explorer June 8th. Have fun on Brilliance!!!

T

Practicing what? Dodging cameras???

hee hee hee...just saw your name and popped in to say "hi". It's been a crazy year, but don't think I've forgotten you all! Heading out on Explorer June 8th. Have fun on Brilliance!!!

T

Hey girl how are you doing. It's been almost a year since Freedom. Can you believe it? What the heck have you been up to?

d

I can't believe it!!! Expected to be heading out on Liberty, but my year has been whacky, and plans got flummoxed. So, I am treating myself to a 9-day Explorer trip instead. How about you, hon?

I can't believe it!!! Expected to be heading out on Liberty, but my year has been whacky, and plans got flummoxed. So, I am treating myself to a 9-day Explorer trip instead. How about you, hon?

Just got back from 14 days on Serenade and now John and I have the countdown going for 14 days on Radiance.

When we were in Cabo two weeks ago we were in a hat shop, I tried on a pink cowboy hat and John said only Tracey can wear a pink hat.

Where is Explorer taking you? We haven't sailed her yet.

d

I tried on a pink cowboy hat and John said only Tracey can wear a pink hat.

Awww, give him a hug!!! Look at you guys with your two-week cruises...I'm slowly working my way up, trying out the 9-day.

It goes to Bermuda, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and San Juan....lots of sea days too! Ernie is going on that sailing too. When I found out, that's when I hopped on. I've never been on Explorer either, but it sure is a nice easy 45 minute flight up there! :)

Not sure what the next will be....sometime in December, I'd imagine. When is your Serenade trip (I have signatures turned off, as they have gotten INSANE on the boards here...so if you have a ticker, I can't see it)

Sorry Patrick, to hijack your very interesting thread. Still waiting to hear about camera-dodging on the Liberty. ROFL!!!

T

Archived