Does Princess offer dance classes?

Cruisekitty1977

The last cruise I went on with NCL offered Foxtrot and Samba lessons. My husband and I really enjoyed it. I am cruising in July with Princess and wondering if they offer and dance lessons on board while at sea?
We've taken dance classes on every Princess cruise. They are about an hour long, well attended but great. They've mostly been taught by one of the lead show dancers, and last cruise we were on we were also able to take a private lesson and the whole group was invited to the Wheelhouse bar where the band was asked to play the dances learned. The instructor called out the steps to start, then let us just dance.

Over the years we've learned line dancing, cha-cha, rhumba, merengue, and swing. It is really fun, and part of the great Princess cruise experience for us.

Be sure to get to the class a little early !

They've been on all our cruises. All of them, by the way, have been taught by the cruise staff, not the dancers. The first one, 1998 - the instructor did know how to ballroom dance. The one last week was taught by a cruise staff member who said she taught salsa in England (although she did have some odd names for things, and it was good that she taught Merengue since I had to assist a Merengue class at our studio last night). I don't remember who taught the two other coastals.

On our Mexico cruise in 2005, the instructor had started teaching the class that week and knew nothing about ballroom - he just had a step list and some suggestions from the previous teacher. I felt rather bad for him, because he had 40 ballroom dancers in his class including about 8 professionals (we were on a cruise with our dance studio). To his credit, he hung out with my teacher during the week and got a lot of help to do a better job.

They have had classes on every sea day and a couple when the sail away from port was early afternoon. On a 7 day cruise there were 3 dances taught and one review session.

Enjoy

abby

The last cruise I went on with NCL offered Foxtrot and Samba lessons. My husband and I really enjoyed it. I am cruising in July with Princess and wondering if they offer and dance lessons on board while at sea?

We went on the Crown Princess, and they had what they called a "dance lessons". Not really good lessons, and the instructor didn't really present the moves well. Not really worth while.

ken

Archived