anyone there for the fight at the midnight buffet on explorer last week?

Well, now I'm scared. I've read these boards for months so I have some reasonable idea of expectations regarding behavior. I happen to have very good manners. I'm kind. I behave well, publicly or privately. But I'm concerned, the more I read, that for my virgin cruise, I'm going to wind up meeting Mr. & mrs. ghoul, the Flakes, Johnny Junk, Nancy Nosey, and probably, with my luck, that truly entitled family, the "itsourvacationsobuzzoff" clan. Do folks forget to pack their manners along with their passports? should I bring a pepper spray for self defense (JOKE,FOLKS!) Are arguments, disagreements and insults commonplace? I realize a ship is a small city, and folks are different, but how does one stand up for oneself if insulted, challenged, or just plain pushed around by Ollie and Oleander Obnoxious and their 6 kids?

I must admit I have seen bad manners on all 6 of my previous cruises with Royal Caribbean, but nothing quite as exciting as Midnight Buffet Brawl. Recently on the Explorer, I saw a man argue with a waitor in the Windjammer, b/c he refused to sanitize his hands before walking in, to which the waitor informed him that he will not be allowed in until he does sanitize. Apparently, the man wasn't eating in the Windjammer and instead was looking for someone, but STILL continually refused to sanitize, even though the waitor told him it didn't matter, it was policy to do so. I also saw a man who was quite obnoxious to his waiter in the dining room during lunch, all b/c he wanted a larger glass for his beverage. The waitor informed him that he had the largest glass available, and he would be happy to refill it as needed, yet this wasn't good enough for this man, who then argued that in the dining room during the evening he was able to acquire a much larger glass, and it went on and on. It so funny how such minor things cause such drama for people...:rolleyes:

I must admit I have seen bad manners on all 6 of my previous cruises with Royal Caribbean, but nothing quite as exciting as Midnight Buffet Brawl. Recently on the Explorer, I saw a man argue with a waitor in the Windjammer, b/c he refused to sanitize his hands before walking in, to which the waitor informed him that he will not be allowed in until he does sanitize. Apparently, the man wasn't eating in the Windjammer and instead was looking for someone, but STILL continually refused to sanitize, even though the waitor told him it didn't matter, it was policy to do so. I also saw a man who was quite obnoxious to his waiter in the dining room during lunch, all b/c he wanted a larger glass for his beverage. The waitor informed him that he had the largest glass available, and he would be happy to refill it as needed, yet this wasn't good enough for this man, who then argued that in the dining room during the evening he was able to acquire a much larger glass, and it went on and on. It so funny how such minor things cause such drama for people...:rolleyes:

giggle: I've been a nurse for 30 yrs, and have seen my share of the hoot and holler crowd. I figure that for the cruise which I have been planning an entire year, I'm going to have fun and damn the torpedoes tossed by other people who don't have the sense to come in out of the rain. These stories refresh my faith that there are wonderful folks out there, and a few flukes...so I'll just use the anti-fluke spray I just bought on ebay and protect myself. That, or I'm going to wear tin foil antenna to ward off the baddies....That should be impressive on formal night! take care all, and thanks for the assurances. calikat :D

How old was this fellow? Thinking about another Explorer thread posted by a grown-up Disney Princess with attitude problems. :) Mayhap her spouse.

i would say this guy was in his mid to late 40's...but i dont think he was there with a spouse....it looked like he was with his mother....one time we saw him in the aquarium bar drunk and singing songs by himself and he was alone

this guy's mullet definitely was not in the billy ray cyrus realm....it was blondish, and just slightly curly in the back...shaved like with a #2 up the sides...it wasn't that long in the back, it just curled up...

what i can remember about the fight is that the mullet guy grabbed one poor waiter who didnt even speak english and said :

"EXCUSE ME BUT I REFUSE TO BE ACCOSTED BY THIS WOMAN ONE MORE TIME!" (he was obviously pretty lit)

then one of the women said something i dont know what and the drunk mullet guy said "DONT YOU DARE TALK TO MY MOTHER!"

then deeper into the argument i heard the women yell at him and say all he was was a mouthpiece and that he should "CUT THE HAIR BACK THERE BUDDY"

It was pretty funny, i wanted to know more about what was going on out of curiosity but my wife was more into taking pics of the buffet and she told me to come on

i would say this guy was in his mid to late 40's...but i dont think he was there with a spouse....it looked like he was with his mother....one time we saw him in the aquarium bar drunk and singing songs by himself and he was alone

Can't wait.......to think someday he'll be in the concierge lounge........:rolleyes:

My son and his friends study these mullet heads and they have different classifications for them. There is the "Arkansas (or your least favorite state here) waterfall", the "party in back, business on top" , "Tennessee top hat", "Mud flap", and the ever popular "Ape drape". Can you describe it more so we can determine what type of Nascar nin-com-poop this person is?

Damn, I think I just wet myself. Simply brilliant. My sides are hurting!!!:D

Ah! The newly founded subspecies of the Mamasboy mullet. Definately not from the SEC or Nascar fan base. Everyone knows that a true redneck would have been defending the honor of his third or fourth wife...Mama can handle herself. That is also another clue. We have Mamas and Daddys in the southern states, not mothers and fathers. Also, a redneck never drinks alone. We travel in packs or attrack our own along the way, like lemmings.

Now lets really ruffle some feathers...maybe he was Canadian;) A very lonely Canadian from Manatoba or Saskatchewan, eh!

...Now lets really ruffle some feathers...maybe he was Canadian;) A very lonely Canadian from Manatoba or Saskatchewan, eh!

Great point!!

The Candians have the largest population of mullets in existance today. In the south, the mullet is almost an endagered species and could possibly be afforded federal protection at any time!

Long live Barry Melrose!!

what i can remember about the fight is that the mullet guy grabbed one poor waiter who didnt even speak english and said :

"EXCUSE ME BUT I REFUSE TO BE ACCOSTED BY THIS WOMAN ONE MORE TIME!" (he was obviously pretty lit)

Yes! I almost missed this term "accosted" no Southern boy with a few drinks in him would use that term. Maybe... yep, Ah cussed it, but I was drunk and didn't realize there was youngins about. Ah am real sorry about that.

This guy has never eaten grits for breakfast.:D

That guy reminds of a guy who was on a cruise I was on. You know how you keep bumping into certain people all the time? Well, everytime I saw this guy, he was lost (and lit). I directed him to so many places over the course of the cruise, I lost count. I often wondered how he made out finding his cabin. :-)

What was he singing? Enquiring minds want to know! ;)

What was he singing? Enquiring minds want to know! ;)

and what was he drinking............maybe it was the combination.......drinking and singing.....:cool:

[quote name='hcw80']Yes! I almost missed this term "accosted" no Southern boy with a few drinks in him would use that term. Maybe... yep, Ah cussed it, but I was drunk and didn't realize there was youngins about. Ah am real sorry about that.

This guy has never eaten grits for breakfast.:D[/quote]

Too funny! I miss Tennesee! Fun times!

Archived