Update to 37 days 'til we cruise & now I'm starting to stress

bubbles1209

Here's an update to a thread I had search isn't working for me so I'll just post this update. My thread was titled 37 days 'til we cruise & now I'm starting to stress. I was stressing because when we got our docs with our flight plans and everything, I called Delta to get the seating assignments, and were able to get the seat assignments to all flights except the initial flight out. I was worried and had asked if that happened often, and what should I do. It was suggested that I go on-line 24 hours before the flight and try to get the seating assignments on-line, and it was suggested that I go to the gate extra early.

Well the update, tonight.........23 days 'til we cruise, and I'm not stressing anymore!! :D I just happened to check the Delta website to see if any seats had opened up and were showing as available, and there were 4. I called Delta, and got our seating assignments for our 1st flight. I happened to get the last 2 seats showing as available that are side by side. They also re-confirmed our other seat assignments for the connection in Atlanta as well as the return flights. Being as how we are flying in the day of the cruise (1st time we've ever tried this), I was super stressed not knowing our seat assignments. I am definitely a planner. I plan & replan, as well as make list after list. DH says I'm obsessed. Can't wait to see his face in the morning when he finds out that my being obsessed paid off tonight. Thanks everyone that helped me and responded to my first post when I wasn't sure what to do, (ok, when I frieked:p ) I appreciate all of your help, and please know I feel soooo much better now.:)

I was following your post just to see if you were able to get your assigned seats. I'm glad to hear your good news. I would have felt the same way if I was in your situation.

We're flying from New Orleans to Miami with no connections on the morning of our cruise. I keep going to American's website just to make sure we still have our seat assignments & will probably call closer to the cruise just to double check.

Sounds as if you need a vacation after taking a vacation. No matter what happens I always look at everything as an adventure. Everything will not go perfect as we all wish but there will be enough good to enjoy. And that is sometimes the problem, we have so much good we take it for granted. My wife is a worrier also. I just laugh everything off and work it out. That is probably the reason we have been married so long. One of those Ying Yang things.

Nice to see you are not stressing out. Relax, don't wish your time away and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Sounds as if you need a vacation after taking a vacation. No matter what happens I always look at everything as an adventure. Everything will not go perfect as we all wish but there will be enough good to enjoy. And that is sometimes the problem, we have so much good we take it for granted. My wife is a worrier also. I just laugh everything off and work it out. That is probably the reason we have been married so long. One of those Ying Yang things.

You two sound like my husband and me. I'm the planner and the worrier; once he's booked the cruise, flight and hotel, he's done. Sometimes it's good being the planner; I research and book the excursions in advance, whereas if left to him, we'd get off the ship and then figure out what to do. (I haven't steered him wrong with excursions yet!) Bubbles, when it comes to airline flights I come completely unglued. I'm not good at "playing it by ear." Glad to hear it's worked out for you.

You two sound like my husband and me. I'm the planner and the worrier; once he's booked the cruise, flight and hotel, he's done. Sometimes it's good being the planner; I research and book the excursions in advance, whereas if left to him, we'd get off the ship and then figure out what to do. (I haven't steered him wrong with excursions yet!) Bubbles, when it comes to airline flights I come completely unglued. I'm not good at "playing it by ear." Glad to hear it's worked out for you.

Thanks:) DH and I are the same way, I'm the planner/worrier, he's the one always saying it will be alright, although I must say when I told him about not getting seat assignments at first, he couldn't understand why. Lol, he said, ok, we buy airfare, they take the money, even give us our confirmation #, and we can't get our seat assignments.........what's up with that? Why would they put us on a flight that they can't tell us what our seats are? Last night when I got the seat assignments, and I told him, he said, good at least we know what will be what, but I still don't understand..... I told him, well, I don't know they whys or becauses, but I do know we have our seat assignments for all flights and we're all set. He then proceeds to tell me see there, I told you that you worry too much:eek: :p He's the type that just goes with the flow, his famous saying is, don't let it bother you, it's like water off of a duck's back, just let it roll, everything will be fine.

Archived